Thread: cuttin props

swizole is offline Associate Member

cuttin props

As I said in some of my earlier posts, I been cutting since january 1st with only a brief moment of insanity (cheating for 3 days) but I am good now. I just wanna post my diet, see what u fellas think, and also give props. I respect the shit outta someone who can stick to a strict cutting diet for say 12-16 weeks with out cheating. That is hardcore. It is not hard to be big, strong, and soft looking, I have no problem with that haha. What is hard is being shreaded, vascular, and still keep thickness. It is truly a battle for me almost every day to stick to my proper diet. So again, all u cut bros, ( u know who you are) I give you props for being so dedicated. I dont think people realize how much effort it takes. With that being said, here is my cutting diet as of now.

6:30 Am- Cardio and Abbs

8:00 Am- MEAL 1 1 tbs. flax and lean meat sometimes 93% lean beef or steak

10:30 Am- MEAL 2 chicken and green vege.

1:30 Pm- MEAL 3 chicken and green vege and rice or yam

4:00 Pm- MEAL 4 pre work out chicken, green vege, and 1 scoop whey

6:00 Pm- Meal 5 post work out, 2 scoops whey, 1 cup oats

8:30 Pm- MEAL 6 lean meat and flax

I am about 185 now, 5'9 and fairly active. I usually stick around 200 to 210 while bulking, but I look fat and soft at that weight.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    can i ask why you have oats PWO? i was thinking about doing that, but i heard to not have a low GI carb. what is your reason for this? and is it working for you? this may sound like a dickhead comment, but seriously i just wanna know for a lil info.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    and do you do that just for cutting? seeing that my bulker starts in bout 2 weeks, it wouldnt help me for the cutting purposes...

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    can i ask why you have oats PWO? i was thinking about doing that, but i heard to not have a low GI carb. what is your reason for this? and is it working for you? this may sound like a dickhead comment, but seriously i just wanna know for a lil info.

no, not a dickhead comment at all. I an pretty new to the whole diet thing so hell I know I made some mistakes. Also the oats thing is just because I like them and they dont have any sugar. I try to avoid a lot of sugar while cutting. When I am bulking I will eat 2 bowls of frosted flakes with skim milk with 2 scoops whey as a pwo, but of coarse thats not a good idea for cutting. The oats are not written in stone. Sometimes I will eat a sweet potato or some other carb source. It is usually oats though.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    I too use oats for PWO. 1.5 cups mixed with 1.5 scoops whey. I do it bulking and cutting. I don't think there is that much of a difference if any. At least not for me. Also, when cutting, whole foods keep me fuller longer and I try and stay away from as much sugar as possible. Doesn't agree with me and gives me a soft look.

Swizole,

Your diet looks pretty solid. My only question is how much for each meal. What I'm saying is do you weigh your food. For example, cooked chicken breast has around 145 calories and 26g protein for every 3oz. That's cooked weight, raw is like 120 calories and 24g protein for every 4oz. Have you looked at the macros for each meal? Also, I'd switch meals 3 and 4. That's just my personal preferance though. I try to keep carbs only before and after workouts when cutting.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    how much chicken are u eatin in each serving..and how much meat in meal 1. for me that diet would prob. **** me up just cause there's no carbs in the morning. if i dont have carbs in the morning i feel like a walkin peice of shit..but i know what u mean, it takes serious dedication to stick to a certain diet, people that see me eat that way while cutting think im weird. but its all worth it once u see the six pack...

I'm a little more carb sensitive so I usually don't have any carbs in the morning unless I'm not working out that day and that will be my only meal containing carbs. For cutting though, at your stats Swizole, I wouldn't have more than 2 carb meals a day. PWO is a given. Then either morning or pre workout for your second.

hey, preciate it fellas. I am not sure about the complete macro breakdown. I know for each meal when it says "lean meat" that it is a shit load of meat, Usually around a lb of lean beef of half a lb depending on if I eat anything with it, or around half lb chicken depended on if I eat carbs with it. If I have a pro/carb meal it will be like half lb. chicken with carb. If I am eating just chicken and green vege I might eat around 12-16 oz. I try to fill up on the lean meat as much as I can when cutting so I dont crave the friend snickers bar quite as bad. Is this to much meat for one sitting. Like I said I can eat a lb of hamburger meat no problem and not be full/bloated at all. It doesnt even really fill me up. I am hungary again in like 30 minutes. haha.

1 lb of cooked chicken breast has around 750 calories in it with 140g protein. 8oz of extremely lean beef has at least 450 calories and 80g protein, depends greatly on the cut of meat. If you're eating that much in one meal, then yeah, that's too much meat in one sitting. I suggest you go to Wal-mart, pick up a food scale, they cost about $4, and start measuring your food. It's the only way to be truly accurate on your daily macro's. It will help alot when fat loss stagnates. Then you can adjust your diet accordingly.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by swizole
    6:30 Am- Cardio and Abbs

8:00 Am- MEAL 1 1 tbs. flax and lean meat sometimes 93% lean beef or steak

10:30 Am- MEAL 2 chicken and green vege.

1:30 Pm- MEAL 3 chicken and green vege and rice or yam

4:00 Pm- MEAL 4 pre work out chicken, green vege, and 1 scoop whey

6:00 Pm- Meal 5 post work out, 2 scoops whey, 1 cup oats

8:30 Pm- MEAL 6 lean meat and flax

I am about 185 now, 5'9 and fairly active. I usually stick around 200 to 210 while bulking, but I look fat and soft at that weight.
    Whats the macros for each meal and the entire day?

The content and timing of each meal looks good to me I would maby switch meal 3 and 4 around so you get the carb rich meal pre workout. If you start to lose strenght ditch the flax in meal 6 and add carbs instead. You seem to be running very low on carbs. But it works great for some people(me included) so if you are keeping strenght the same keep on going.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    Do a search for giantz posts on low gi pwo carbs

To sum it up research indicates that you dont need high gi carbs pwo since you only need a very small amount of insulin to stop protein catabolism and quick glycogen replenishment isnt important unless you are a endurance athletet.

This is not undisputed though so read all you can I have personaly stopped the high gi carbs pwo and it doesnt seem to effect me negativly in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    1 lb of cooked chicken breast has around 750 calories in it with 140g protein. 8oz of extremely lean beef has at least 450 calories and 80g protein, depends greatly on the cut of meat. If you're eating that much in one meal, then yeah, that's too much meat in one sitting. I suggest you go to Wal-mart, pick up a food scale, they cost about $4, and start measuring your food. It's the only way to be truly accurate on your daily macro's. It will help alot when fat loss stagnates. Then you can adjust your diet accordingly.

haha, damn.. maybe thats why I cant seem to loose that much fat. I Guess I am eating to much meat. That sucks, because even with that much meat I feel hungary during the day between meals. Oh well, guess I need to cut back on the meat and start starving. And yet I still seem to be loosing a good bit of strength, probably cause my carbs are limited. I blow up like a damn baloon when I eat any kinda amount of carbs. It sucks

I hear you man. Most of my meals have about 5oz of lean meat in them and I weight 210lbs. Your body will get used to it after a couple of days, provided you don't go nuts and raid the candy isle. Have you tried an ECA stack? It helped me greatly with my hunger cravings and gave me more energy throughout the day. Something I recommend you look into if your body can withstand ephedrine. Some can't. I don't have any negative side with it though.

yeah I am taking some hot rox right now because ephedra is so hard to get where I live, they still dont have it in gnc. I do need some though.

Thread Information