dr.shred is offline Senior Member

cheating all out or not?

I heard and read (maybe on here) that it is better to go all out in your cheat meal than having a lesser or not as bad cheat meal because your body cannot assimilate all of those calories at once. If you have a cheat meal that is smaller it can do so more easily. What do u think?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    If you're only having a meal and not a whole day, I would make it a big meal.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i useully go all out but not till the late afternoon around when meal 5 or 6 would fall,,,i never plane them, they just come..i find it hard to plan a cheat meal but i do think it is better to plan one than to binge....i will tell you one thing that if you binge and i mean binge a all ot pig feast for about 1 1/2 hrs. you will deffintlly regreat it right after your last bite....i have exsperinced this way to many times so im just gonna start palning them haveing one when i feel its time which is about evrey 12-15 days im just gonna grab a fast food burger or some subway or chick fli A

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    If you're only having a meal and not a whole day, I would make it a big meal.
    ^^Exactly.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I rather have 2-3 smaller chats, gives me more satisfaction

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I couldnt mentaly handle cheating a little. Its all or nothing for me. Cheating just a bit makes me pissed off since food is only enjoyable in LARGE quantities.
    Cheating a bit is like eating a girl out but not getting any in return. No satisfaction!!

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I couldnt mentaly handle cheating a little. Its all or nothing for me. Cheating just a bit makes me pissed off since food is only enjoyable in LARGE quantities.
    Cheating a bit is like eating a girl out but not getting any in return. No satisfaction!!

lowering the tone a bit there johan

do u guys just have one all out cheat meal - or a whole cheat day? and why?
    advantages/disadvantages of each?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    lowering the tone a bit there johan

do u guys just have one all out cheat meal - or a whole cheat day? and why?
    advantages/disadvantages of each?

the moment I wake up I start to stuff myself with all the crap in the world and I dont stop until I cant move anymore. Then I rest my tummy for 2-3 hours and go at it again. Repeat until day is over

no reason other then it tastes damn fine

sometimes I just cheat in the evening though. WHen I work or have school and shit.

food is the best thing in the world. Right upp there besides sex and new 1rm's in the gym

my intense love relationship with for food is probably the reason I never get cut. I cant have anything that taste good at home when cutting cause then I eat to much of it. Im weak as a menstruating school girl whit a box of chocolate

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    ah so you say you stuff yourself on an all out cheat day
    but you say this may not be a good idea?

does this contribute to u not getting cut

or is it just cos u do it too often, eg more than once a week?

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    lmao!! you dirty, dirty man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    ah so you say you stuff yourself on an all out cheat day
    but you say this may not be a good idea?

does this contribute to u not getting cut

or is it just cos u do it too often, eg more than once a week?
    I think it hurts my progress. I only cheat one day of the week. But I look at it like this. If i cheat twice a week I lose no weight at all, if I cheat one a week I lose 0.5-1kg. If I didnt cheat at all maby I would lose more then 1kg/week. I dont think eating 7000+kcal in a day of trans fats along with high gi carbs is good in any way, shape or form except for the mental relife.

also when motivation gets very low in the end of cutting I being to cheat unknmowingly. I increase portion size ect. I ALWAYS have to messure EVERYTHING otherwise that happens. If I have cheese at home I convince myself a few slices wont hurt and soon Im stuffing myself with half the damn cheese. Im like a alcoholice. one zip aint good enough. All or nothing is the only 2 options and this hurts my cutting.

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    Eat,rest,shit,repeat, the life of a semi cut person with muscles, story of my life. I noticed a huge differance when I cheat every 8-10 days as opposed to every 7 days.I lose 1- 11/2 pounds every 8-10 with the all out binge. I was on CKD and had a HUGE, I mean HUGE cheat day every 7 and lost 2 pounds a week for 12 weeks until I was 169 and looked like I had aids.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMike
    Eat,rest,shit,repeat, the life of a semi cut person with muscles, story of my life. I noticed a huge differance when I cheat every 8-10 days as opposed to every 7 days.I lose 1- 11/2 pounds every 8-10 with the all out binge. I was on CKD and had a HUGE, I mean HUGE cheat day every 7 and lost 2 pounds a week for 12 weeks until I was 169 and looked like I had aids.
    I have that same problem.. When you cut down to 169 did it eat up all your muscle?

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    my intense love relationship with for food is probably the reason I never get cut. I cant have anything that taste good at home when cutting cause then I eat to much of it. Im weak as a menstruating school girl whit a box of chocolate
    I am the same way I can never just have a little I have a lot of whatever I am cheating with. This is why I usually wait till sunday night. By that point I don't even really feel like cheating that much cause I made through the weekend and it gets restricted to one meal. I do believe though that it is better to cheat in one meal all out rather than having a small cheat meal. I don't think your body can asborb all those calories if you go all out. So i think its better to go all out or don't go at all. Restricting it to one meal is the hardest part, but if u wait till sunday night its a lot easier.

bolin is offline Associate Member
    I only cheat once a week..... my cheat is.... A 2 scoop cone Ice cream... Nocciola with almonds.......can't wait till saturday!!!!

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    When I got to 169 I looked like a fruit loop. I lost alot of muscle and was to the point that I only cared about what the scales read and looked forward to cheat days so much that I had to lose 2 pounds a week no matter what just so I could cheat. It just depends if you care about muscle and health. I think the no refeed or cheat but have higher calories day in day out would be the best approach. Keep your metabolism and thyroid in check every day and let you cardio and lifting take care of the fat loss situation. Cheating is a huge problem for me since I was 285 pounds, I love food but lately I have been having less cravings because I am more motivated. I feel that if you truly want to be healthy and look good for yourself, you will stick to it but if you are trying to look good for other people you are not being true to yourself and you will cheat reguarly. You have to make a decision and stick with it for 8-12 weeks to see any results, rather bulking or cutting.

Thread Information