PurplePatriot is offline Associate Member

Milk? Such thing as too much?

I realized that ontop of my daily meals I can consume a gallon of milk in a day. And drinking is much easier than eating. I was curious about trying out a gallon of milk for about a week and see how it goes maybe continue it longer.

Is there anything im overlooking? there must be.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Well are you bulking or cutting. Are you an Ectomorph who has a hard time gaining weight? Lot of factors, but 1 Gallon is alot.

yes absolutely bulking. i weigh about 155 @ 6'2 and am striving for 180. Very low body fat. I need something extra to get the calories beyond food without resorting to steroids . I know I can put on atleast 25lbs naturally. Is there anything in milk that wouldnt be a great idea to consume a lot of?

Hell no bro drink away, I've heard of hard gainers drinking a gallon of Whole Milk a day, you might not wanna do that much fat, but keep drinking the milk for sure, it a great way to add some cals.

great i was hoping it would be alright i just wanted to be safe. i think whole milk has nearly 2k calories? which is good im excited to see how it works i'll be back in a week to let you all know how im doing.

thanks a lot for the advice giantz, people here are really supportive

Hey man, maybe try 2% or something. I think a gallon of whole milk ED would be tons of fat.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePatriot
    Is there anything in milk that wouldnt be a great idea to consume a lot of?
    Sugar in all milks, and ridiculous fat in whole milk. I used to be in the same spot you are bro and would drink milk with a lot of meals. You are better off with out all that sugar and possibly fat depending on what you are drinking. I would say stick to skim milk only in your protein shakes if your bulking. I like diet iced teas with meals. I've come to find it is way easier to drink diet drinks or water because anything else is basicly sugar water.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    Sugar in all milks, and ridiculous fat in whole milk. I used to be in the same spot you are bro and would drink milk with a lot of meals. You are better off with out all that sugar and possibly fat depending on what you are drinking. I would say stick to skim milk only in your protein shakes if your bulking. I like diet iced teas with meals. I've come to find it is way easier to drink diet drinks or water because anything else is basicly sugar water.

I disagree, drinking milk, would be a great way to get good carbs and protein into his diet for sure and up the cals. Like I said in the last post I think Whole Milk might be a bit much but skim or lower would certainly give some nice extra cals for a hardgainer.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    A Gallon of whole milk is WAY too much IMO. Are you even drinking any water? Too much processed sugars that are no good regardless of cutting or bulking.

Post up your diet as there are many other factors when bulking.

Don't know why milk has gotten this bad rep, but lactose is not a bad sugar, in fact it extremely Low GI carb source, which is ideal when bulking, not to mention that it has 9g of protein per 8oz.

Matter a fact its pretty damn ideal when cutting too, I drink milk all day, not a problem yet.

currently my diet consists mostly of tuna and chicken... a good pound and a half of chicken breast a day and 48oz of tuna being a good hunk of my daily intake. Eggs in the mornings, and I eat a good deal of carbs. Whey protein shake in the mornings I do drink lots of water, especially during workouts of course. actually the only time im drinking the milk is during meals and everything in between is water. But like i said im gonna try this out for a week, see what happens and let you all know how it went to determine if it was worth it or not. IMO only one way to find out.

155 @ 6' 2" go ahead and drink up, drink as much a you possibly can, you need cals and lots of them! Let us know how it pans out.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Drink up this is how i gained mass the first time, pure 3.25% milk with ice cream, banana and weight gainers.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I disagree, drinking milk, would be a great way to get good carbs and protein .
    Good carbs? The carbs in milk are pure sugar. The protein can be added with a little extra chicken during a meal instead of a glass of milk. My point is there are better ways to get the nutrients found in milk, and on top of that, not all the nutrients found in milk are good.

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    inject b-12 and get hungry!!!

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    Beerbaron, no offense but learn about the Glycemic Index and what it means. Yes, milk has sugar but since it's low GI it is processed by your body slowly. So it's a sugar but your body doesn't treat it like sugar, like fruit.

bigJJ is offline Member
    For me, milks' only place in my diet is in meal replacements and protein shakes (2% only!). Although, I'm hardly what you would call a "hard gainer"

Still, I'll go through 2 gallons in a week though. Casein is a good addition to your protein arsenal.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Swolecat is gonna kick all your a$$es when he sees all this talk about MILK

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    Good carbs? The carbs in milk are pure sugar. The protein can be added with a little extra chicken during a meal instead of a glass of milk. My point is there are better ways to get the nutrients found in milk, and on top of that, not all the nutrients found in milk are good.

Bro you obviously have a misundterstanding as to what "carbs" really are. They are nothing but sugar. The end result of each and every carb you consume, whether its Rice, Pasta, Oats or Milk or anything inbetween. This is not IMO this is fact, as well as basic nutrition. Its very very low on the GI scale, which mean it has steady impact on blood sugar. This is because Lactose is a very diffecult carb to break down. Milk and calcium have been shown to have many positive correlations with weight loss, so again not sure where you get this info that not all the nutrients are not good. The only bad thing I can think of in terms of milk is that fact that some people are lactose intolerant which can be taken care of rather easily if you take digestive enzymes.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Which ones??

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Bro you obviously have a misundterstanding as to what "carbs" really are. They are nothing but sugar. The end result of each and every carb you consume, whether its Rice, Pasta, Oats or Milk or anything inbetween. This is not IMO this is fact, as well as basic nutrition. Its very very low on the GI scale, which mean it has steady impact on blood sugar. This is because Lactose is a very diffecult carb to break down. Milk and calcium have been shown to have many positive correlations with weight loss, so again not sure where you get this info that not all the nutrients are not good. The only bad thing I can think of in terms of milk is that fact that some people are lactose intolerant which can be taken care of rather easily if you take digestive enzymes.
    agreed and good post

Thread Information