anonymous21 is offline Junior Member

Calorie Question

Looking to gain lean muscle only. Is it better to increase protein intake or complex carb intake for this purpose. I was thinking of starting slowly around 250 calories then workin up to 500 more than my typical diet. I am pretty consistent with what i eat at everymeal at a certain time of day. So I have the ability to increase what i want in what increments. Looking for recommendations on the best way to gain pure muscle and as little fat as possible. I'm not counting calories...but i eat the same thing at every meal on everyday so i can easily add an additional 250-500. If you need more detail i can count the protein carbs and fat i take now. Please Help Critique!

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous21
    Looking to gain lean muscle only. Is it better to increase protein intake or complex carb intake for this purpose. I was thinking of starting slowly around 250 calories then workin up to 500 more than my typical diet. I am pretty consistent with what i eat at everymeal at a certain time of day. So I have the ability to increase what i want in what increments. Looking for recommendations on the best way to gain pure muscle and as little fat as possible. I'm not counting calories...but i eat the same thing at every meal on everyday so i can easily add an additional 250-500. If you need more detail i can count the protein carbs and fat i take now. Please Help Critique!

Depending on my goals I usually keep the protein around the same ammounts.... typically when cutting I used 40-50g of protein and bulking I use 50-60g. To up the calories I increase the other macros I'm eating (fats and carbohydrates) Just do it slowly as you posted and you should start to gain lean mass when you hit the right ammounts for your size.

Thread Information