Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jerzey is offline Member
    I honestly think everyone handles the sugar differently (like just about anything else).. I have friends who can eat a lot of fruit and it doesn't bother them, others who can't.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    So where SC? 1st meal of the day? Night?

I'm thinking the perfect spot would be 1st meal of the day, in some slow realease protein like cottage cheese and some slow buring carbs to balance, oats.........

banana/berries in cc
    3/4cup oats

money?

esp. post cardio during bulking................potassium, reduce soreness, etc.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    First meal of the day would be great, as you know for sure that Liver Glycogen will be about fully depleted.

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    I wish all this diet/sugar stuff could be simplified.

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAW
    Me too but everyone is so different.. When I was 20/21 and I was dieting strict it was much different then what it takes for me to drop now.. I'm still playing with my diet

Quote Originally Posted by LAW
    It's not that bad, fruits for the most part are filled with antioxidants, micro nutrients, fiber and yes some sugar. However about 30% of the sugar is Fructose, meaning that a Banana with 33g of carbs would have 9g of Fructose. When Hypocaloric (cutting) you glycogen (Muscle and Liver) stores will never be filled, so eat up as long as you can fit the cals into you day. Most fruits are low GI as well, which is another positive. Although a few are hi GI, watermelom etc..

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I think most of us makes it more complex then it is. The less processed a food is the better. That is one rule that never fails!

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I think most of us makes it more complex then it is. The less processed a food is the better. That is one rule that never fails!
    Absolutely, fruits are one of you best and most natural sources of carbs!

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Absolutely, fruits are one of you best and most natural sources of carbs!
    enough said..............

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    ok i may start eating some fruit in the morning with my oats/whites

which are the ones to avoid? - apart from watermelon

just my .02, but all the berries (blue, rasb, straw), bananas, and apples are the top 3.......

Watermelon I would avoid, but most fruits with oats and egg white would be fine seeing as protein and your oats will lower the GI score of any fruit.

bolin is offline Associate Member
    please someon state this clear....

what kind of fruit are good (ex banana, apples, berries)
    and what time to have

THANKS GUYS!!!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    All fruits are good. But fruits with higer GI should only be consume during breakfast and possibly pwo. That means fruits like Watermelon or Banana.

The other fruits are ok during any period of the day but it has to be adapted to your approach and your macro needs. If you practice separation of fat and carbs then no fruits with meals containing fats for instance. Eating fruits betwen meals is what I usualy do. If I need a quick pro/carb meal I just eat a apple and drink a protein shake.

Avacado(does this count as a fruit or veggie?) is excelent fatsource so use with fat meals or in shakes.

Thats about as specific as I can get I think. Il let others chim in

Here are some fruits and their GI score.

watermelon - 72
    pineapple - 66
    raisins - 64
    banana - 53
    grapes - 52
    orange - 43
    pear - 36
    apple - 36

Seeing those, I would steer clear of watermelon eaten alone, other than that all the others are fine. Remeber any type of protein will lower the score, also additional fiber. So a meal of Oats, Egg Whites and a Banana will have a fairly low GI rating.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    well, like you said, everyone MUST be different, cuz i know lots of ripped dudes who swear by melons and berries...at the proper time of day i'm sure...however, i was dropping some fat and adding lean muscle eating berries with lean protein as a last meal...just see how your body responds based on your particular goals at the time...

AM

thank god we cleared that 2 page thread up............

So, final conclusion, the optimal time FOR MOST is in the first meal with a good protein (eggs) and a good carb source (oats).berries with a banana......breakfast of champs. Potastium, good energy, fuel for the muscle and liver.............1 meal down, 6 to go!!! LOL

I say we all eat the exact same meals every single day and post our results......damn that would be interesting.....

Another interesting one would be for everyone to eat a protein bar for a snack every day and post results. I'd put money on it that they are wayyy overhyped for how bad they are. I saw my brother today with works at the Cleveland CLinic. He eats a myoplex carb sense bar evey day at 10am. THis is after a huge breakfast of bagel (WHAT?!?!!?) and eggs, with some turkey sausage in the am.....he blew me away in the gym today and I'm pissed.............YES YES YS, I realize people are different, but no one has really eaten them daily and then posted........I have 5 boxes in my cupboard that I'm scared to eat cause of what I read....I'd gladly send a box to someone who would try this theory out and find out it works for them too!

hey.... I take a protein bar everyday... its a Peak body with 50grms of protein....9.2grms carbs.... and 6.2 fat.
    I leave it to when I am hungry and take a piece..... its very convinient.... but expensive to buy every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    thank god we cleared that 2 page thread up............

So, final conclusion, the optimal time FOR MOST is in the first meal with a good protein (eggs) and a good carb source (oats).berries with a banana......breakfast of champs. Potastium, good energy, fuel for the muscle and liver.............1 meal down, 6 to go!!! LOL

I say we all eat the exact same meals every single day and post our results......damn that would be interesting.....

Another interesting one would be for everyone to eat a protein bar for a snack every day and post results. I'd put money on it that they are wayyy overhyped for how bad they are. I saw my brother today with works at the Cleveland CLinic. He eats a myoplex carb sense bar evey day at 10am. THis is after a huge breakfast of bagel (WHAT?!?!!?) and eggs, with some turkey sausage in the am.....he blew me away in the gym today and I'm pissed.............YES YES YS, I realize people are different, but no one has really eaten them daily and then posted........I have 5 boxes in my cupboard that I'm scared to eat cause of what I read....I'd gladly send a box to someone who would try this theory out and find out it works for them too!

thats a whole new thread that is

i used to eat protein bars when i was bulking - i even ate them in the middle of the night - i wouldnt do that again though my bf% was pretty high at that point

nowadays i occasionally use lean body apple cinamon cookies as a cheat meal with melted vanilla ice cream and maple syrup

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    thats a whole new thread that is

i used to eat protein bars when i was bulking - i even ate them in the middle of the night - i wouldnt do that again though my bf% was pretty high at that point

nowadays i occasionally use lean body apple cinamon cookies as a cheat meal with melted vanilla ice cream and maple syrup
    not from the bars though bro..I'd bet on it......can u stay ripped and eat one daily??

!All are based on 100 gram servings!

Apples: 52 Kcal, 14 grams Carbs with 2 grams of fiber. A great source of fiber and vitamin C

Oranges: 49 Kcal, 13 grams of Carbs with 2 grams of fiber. It is also a good source of fiber and vitamin C.

Bananas: 89 Kcal, 23 grams of Carbs and 3 grams of fiber. It is also a good source of fiber, vitamin C, potassium and manganese, and a very good source of vitamin B6.

Blueberries: 57 Kcal, 14 grams of Carbs and 2 grams of fiber. It is a good source of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese.

Strawberries (my favorite): 32 kcal, 8 grams of Carbs and 2 grams of fiber. It is a good source of fiber, vitamin C and manganese.

Cherries: 73 Kcal, 16 grams of Carbs and 2 grams of fiber. A great source of fiber and vitamin C

thanks for the info mate............

I take a banana PWO.....

DO you think 1 pro bar a day could damage your diet??
    ... it has just 6grms fat..... 50 gms pro

I highly doubt just one will kill you. Esp in your case when you are bulking. There aren't the most ideal, but if you have to squeeze one in here and there, I wouldn't worry too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bolin
    thanks for the info mate............

I take a banana PWO.....

DO you think 1 pro bar a day could damage your diet??
    ... it has just 6grms fat..... 50 gms pro

Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    not from the bars though bro..I'd bet on it......can u stay ripped and eat one daily??

not just from the bars no
    my diet was not that good at the time in general

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information