Girlyman is offline Associate Member

Pain pills effect muscle growth?

So I have this friend who enjoys a painkiller or two when he hangs out at bars/relaxes instead of drinking alcohol, because he needed to quit. Does this affect his muscle growth at all, kind of an akward question but I was wondering if any research has been done on this. If he needs to he'll quit it for the sake of growth. But I've heard from doctors that I've asked that Hydrocodone in and of itself isn't harmful to the body, the tylenol that accompanies most mixtures is hard on the liver though. any input?

MrExtreme is offline New Member

yes, pain pills mess you up

pain pills deffinatly don't help when lifting. If you take Valium, anti-anxiety, percocet, any of those type wiill mess you up if you try to lift the next day. you will be weaker.

and Amphetamines do the same they just make you shrink.

Cocaine will mess you up too. bottom line is if you work out don't do drugs.

Not even Steroids . those probably have the worst side effects of any drug on the planet.

-Mr.Extreme

Yeah I noticed I started slowing down in my progression of lifting but I figured my intital "conditioning" had ended and I slowed down to normal growth rate. because im on my 6th week of lifting and I was putting like 10 pounds on my flat every week and 20 pounds on my incline every week for the first month. Then I started eating hydros at night and I still go up just a lot slower

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman
    Yeah I noticed I started slowing down in my progression of lifting but I figured my intital "conditioning" had ended and I slowed down to normal growth rate. because im on my 6th week of lifting and I was putting like 10 pounds on my flat every week and 20 pounds on my incline every week for the first month. Then I started eating hydros at night and I still go up just a lot slower
    paracetamol will slow down muscle growth/recovery when taken after exercise...If your up for searching...pubmed is supposed to have it

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExtreme
    pain pills deffinatly don't help when lifting. If you take Valium, anti-anxiety, percocet, any of those type wiill mess you up if you try to lift the next day. you will be weaker.

and Amphetamines do the same they just make you shrink.

Cocaine will mess you up too. bottom line is if you work out don't do drugs.

Not even Steroids. those probably have the worst side effects of any drug on the planet.

-Mr.Extreme
    HAHAHAHA LMAO!!!...Lick my cookie

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

Not even Steroids . those probably have the worst side effects of any drug on the planet.

-Mr.Extreme

are you having a laugh?

from years of experience i can tell you that is utter bollocks

steriods do have massive side effects, such as uncontrolable muscle growth and recovery

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman
    steriods do have massive side effects, such as uncontrolable muscle growth and recovery

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Mr Extreme is full of shit. Read any of his posts - they're utter testicles.

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    i take adderall, can anyone tell me if it has involuntary fatloss sides, or is it just a loss in eating? because if i didnt follow me diet and make myself eat, i would have like one meal a day.

Fjock is offline Associate Member
    i stopped taking adderall so i could bodybuild

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshWarrior
    Mr Extreme is full of shit. Read any of his posts - they're utter testicles.

well said
    i havent read any if his posts but i will take your word for it

chest6 is offline Banned

-Mr.Extreme
    RIght right...steroids do tend to kill everyone who uses them.

what is wrong with u..oh dont workout it kills people too

Thread Information