southpaw0026 is offline New Member

trying to help someone i really care about.

So the other day my mom pulled me aside and asked me to help her set up a diet and workout plan to help her lose weight. She has seen the dedication and results that i have achieved and she realizes that she really needs help. Now my question to everyone is how do i transition my dieting (21 year old, son) knowledge into a good plan for a 40 year old woman? She means a ton to me and i really want to help her out so if you could help me out i wuold appreciate all the responses. thanks!

well, how out of shaoe is she first off? Are we talking a little overweight or straight up fat?

southpaw0026 is offline New Member
    thats my mother we are talking about man...jk well shes abour 5'9" im guessing around 200, shes big boned though so she doesnt look "fat" But i know i cant put her on the things that im always eating and stuff like that...im almost looking for a straight forward layout that i can help her follow...kind of like the "how to cut" sticky which is what i used to make my plan. thanks again!

I'd say the first thing to do is just get her more active. Get her eating 3 or 4 smaller meals/day, msotly cardio right now, brisk walk on treadmill for 15 min, then up it from there week by week. Maybe some light weight twice a week, machines to start with. You could get a bodyfat done if you wanted and start subtracting a few hundred calories from her basic metabolic rate, but I wouldnt overwelm her with that just yet. Basically just daily activity and frequent, clean meals to get her metabolism going faster. My apologies for saying"straight up fat" didnt mean it like that. I wish there was something I could do to help my parents out w/ that, but they live aways away, and my dad works so much it's nearly impossible for him to work out. My mom retired a few years back, and honestly, its been the worst thing for her. I think she is in this ridiculous state of depression feeling no sense of responsibility or self worth. She sits around alot and watches TV and never really has much on her agenda, and I believe this has made her more tired than anything.

Thread Information