Question How many eggs can you eat a day???

How many eggs can you eat a day and be safe with cholesterol levels???

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Thats a different kind of cholesterol...it won't affect it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    Thats a different kind of cholesterol...it won't affect it at all.
    then why do people and doctors say that eggs are high in cholestoral and you should only eat 2-4 eggs the most a day??

bcap is offline Member
    eat egg whites and you're fine

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    exactly 39.

Quote Originally Posted by bcap
    eat egg whites and you're fine
    im talking about wholee, i cant eat egg whites alone

dietary cholesterol doesnt have any real impact on blood cholesterol. Previously docs and researchers belived it had so they adviced against eating eggs and that false assumption is still beeing spread.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Wow, did not know that Johan. I'm gonna get a little more liberal with my morning whites.

yolks are a excelent source of vitamins and good fats aswell

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    dietary cholesterol doesnt have any real impact on blood cholesterol. Previously docs and researchers belived it had so they adviced against eating eggs and that false assumption is still beeing spread.
    i guess im going to eat exactly 39 eggs a day now

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I eat 6 whole eggs a day as a pro/fat meal...I get comments all the time about how monsterously buff yet beautiful I am so you should be okay

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i eat 18-24 a day

edit: woops! just saw it was whole eggs...i eat maybe 1 a day, if that

Kakashi...! is offline Junior Member
    24 :P whites

chest6 is offline Banned
    24 whites..

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    sometimes i go up to 36

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    sometimes i go up to 36
    36 whole??

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    whole I have maxed out at 18, eggwhites now that is a different story..

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    can you scramble the egg whites and have the same amount of protein? usually i have 6 eggs in the morning with one yolk and the rest whites..with oatmeal wheat toast and such...is it ok to scramble them or hard boil? is there a difference?

no difference

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I so wish I could just drink my eggs...I hate them cooked...I buy all my groceries at walmart and I dont think they have the "pasturized" ones...

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i think they do new kid...thats where i get mine when im lazy :P the brand is "all whites" or something.

boosted_body is offline New Member

eggs

No limit to eating eggs. I eat at least 12 hardboiled a day and sometimes I will mix them in with my protein shake. mmm.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    12-15whole eggs.. and im fine

sometimes i do 24..

can you give us some proof of that

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by freak_of_nature_86
    can you give us some proof of that
    ITS TRUE DOOD.. it has more to do w/ BODY COMPOSITION and GENETICS!

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    take his word as proof, he knows what he's talking about

This is what I found during a few minutes on pubmed.

To be fair eggs do raise cholesterol a bit but it raises LDL and HDL equaly and the ratio betwen HDL and LDL is the important thing not the ammounts. Egg is a benificial food in all ways and do not increase risk of cardiovascular diseaes

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
    Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269, USA. [email protected]

PURPOSE OF REVIEW: Extensive research has not clearly established a link between egg consumption and risk for coronary heart disease. The effects of egg intake on plasma lipids and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) atherogenicity in healthy populations need to be addressed. RECENT FINDINGS: The lack of connection between heart disease and egg intake could partially be explained by the fact that dietary cholesterol increases the concentrations of both circulating LDL and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol in those individuals who experience an increase in plasma cholesterol following egg consumption (hyperresponders). It is also important to note that 70% of the population experiences a mild increase or no alterations in plasma cholesterol concentrations when challenged with high amounts of dietary cholesterol (hyporesponders). Egg intake has been shown to promote the formation of large LDL, in addition to shifting individuals from the LDL pattern B to pattern A, which is less atherogenic. Eggs are also good sources of antioxidants known to protect the eye; therefore, increased plasma concentrations of lutein and zeaxanthin in individuals consuming eggs are also of interest, especially in those populations susceptible to developing macular degeneration and eye cataracts. SUMMARY: For these reasons, dietary recommendations aimed at restricting egg consumption should not be generalized to include all individuals. We need to acknowledge that diverse healthy populations experience no risk in developing coronary heart disease by increasing their intake of cholesterol but, in contrast, they may have multiple beneficial effects by the inclusion of eggs in their regular diet.
    ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: Approximately 1/3 of individuals have a high plasma response to dietary cholesterol (hyper-responders). Although increases in both LDL and HDL cholesterol have been observed, limited data exist regarding effects of egg consumption on lipoprotein subclasses and circulating carotenoids. METHODS: 29 postmenopausal women (50-68y) and 13 men (60-80y) were assigned to either 3 eggs (EGG, 640 mg cholesterol /d) or an equal volume of cholesterol-free egg substitute (SUB, 0 mg cholesterol/d) for 30d. Following a 3 wk wash out, subjects crossed over to the alternate diet. Individuals with a response to dietary cholesterol > 2.2 mg/dL for each additional 100 mg of dietary cholesterol were classified as hyper-responders while hypo-responders were those with a response < to 2.2 mg/dL. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy determined LDL and HDL size & particle concentrations. Dietary records were used to evaluate carotenoid consumption. RESULTS: Hyper-responders had higher concentrations of both LDL cholesterol (LDL-C) and HDL cholesterol (HDL-C) after EGG. In contrast, the concentrations of plasma LDL-C and HDL-C did not differ between the EGG and SUB for the hypo-responders. After EGG, hyper-responders had larger (> 21.2 nm) less atherogenic LDL particles (P < 0.001) and larger HDL particles (> 8.8 nm) (P < 0.01), with no significant difference in the total number of LDL or HDL particles. Regardless of response classification, all individuals had an increase in plasma lutein (from 32.4 +/- 15.2 to 46.4 +/- 23.3 ng/L) and zeaxanthin (from 8.8 +/- 4.8 to 10.7 +/- 5.8 ng/L) during EGG, yet hyper-responders displayed higher concentrations of carotenoids when compared to hypo-responders CONCLUSION: These findings suggest that the increases in LDL-C and HDL-C due to increased egg consumption in hyper-responders are due to an increase in the less atherogenic lipoprotein subfractions. Also, increases in plasma carotenoids after EGG may provide a valuable dietary source for this population.
    Associations between plasma lipid parameters and APOC3 and APOA4 genotypes in a healthy population are independent of dietary cholesterol intake.

To determine whether APOC3 and APOA4 genotypes influence plasma cholesterol fluctuations following a high cholesterol diet, a healthy population of 40 men and 51 women were studied. The crossover intervention randomly assigned participants to an EGG (640 mg/d cholesterol) or placebo (0 mg/d cholesterol) diet for 30 days, with a 3-week washout between periods. Allele-specific oligonucleotide hybridization was utilized to determine the presence or absence of APOC3 and APOA4 polymorphisms. Differences in plasma cholesterol between hyper- and hypo-responders were not influenced by genotype. However, an interaction (P < 0.0001) did exist between APOA4 allele, diet and gender with regard to triglycerides (TG). While female carriers of the APOA4(347) S allele had lower TG concentrations than those with the common T/T allele, males with the S allele had higher concentrations. The APOC3 SstI polymorphism analysis revealed that heterozygous carriers of the S2 allele had higher (P < 0.05) plasma apo C-III and TG concentrations, regardless of gender or dietary period. In addition, carriers of the S2 allele had smaller LDL peak particle diameter than those having the common APOC3 genotype. The presence of individual alleles in this population was associated with differences in plasma lipids and LDL size. However, these relationships were independent of dietary cholesterol.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_DocSum
    Maintenance of the LDL cholesterol:HDL cholesterol ratio in an elderly population given a dietary cholesterol challenge.

Departments of Nutritional Science, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA.

We previously evaluated the responses to dietary cholesterol in children and young adults. In this study, the effects of dietary cholesterol on plasma lipids and LDL atherogenicity were evaluated in 42 elderly subjects (29 postmenopausal women and 13 men > 60 y old). Our exclusion criteria were diabetes, heart disease, and the use of reductase inhibitors. The study followed a randomized crossover design in which subjects were assigned to consume the equivalent of 3 large eggs (EGG) daily or the same amount of a cholesterol-free, fat-free egg substitute (SUB) for a 1-mo period. After a 3-wk washout period, subjects were assigned to the alternate treatment. The concentration of plasma cholesterol after the EGG period varied among subjects. When all subjects were evaluated, there were significant increases in LDL cholesterol (LDL-C) (P < 0.05) and HDL-C (P < 0.001) for both men and women during the EGG period, resulting in no alterations in the LDL-C:HDL-C or the total cholesterol:HDL-C ratios. In addition, the LDL peak diameter was increased during the EGG period for all subjects. In contrast, the measured parameters of LDL oxidation, conjugated diene formation, and LDL lag time did not differ between the EGG and the SUB periods. We conclude from this study that dietary cholesterol provided by eggs does not increase the risk for heart disease in a healthy elderly population.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    haha i guess that'll do it for the proof.
    i eat 6-12 a day only whites though...

I get anywhere from 6-12 whole eggs now when cutting. I cant justify(economicaly) throwing away the yolks. That would mean a WAY to high cost per gram of protein. But including the yolk its a fairly cheap source of protein.

My entire diet is based on foods with as little cost per gram of protein as possible

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    I eat 6 whole eggs a day as a pro/fat meal...I get comments all the time about how monsterously buff yet beautiful I am so you should be okay
    Very funny!

I get anywhere from 6-12 whole eggs now when cutting. I cant justify(economicaly) throwing away the yolks. That would mean a WAY to high cost per gram of protein. But including the yolk its a fairly cheap source of protein.

My entire diet is based on foods with as little cost per gram of protein as possible
    Sorry to hijack, but Johan - what else do you eat as a cheap source of protein?

Quote Originally Posted by WelshWarrior
    Sorry to hijack, but Johan - what else do you eat as a cheap source of protein?
    unflavored(straight from the diary company) whey concentrate
    Dried soybeans
    tuna
    cheap cuts of pork.
    groundbeef if I find it cheaply.

Coo, thanks man

no problem bro

Johan, how do you get whey concentrate straight from a dairy company? hook a broke-ass college student up!!!

pelly789 is offline Member
    Johan, how do you get whey concentrate straight from a dairy company? hook a broke-ass college student up!!!
    lol im in the same boat as you are! broke as hell

yeah and when Johan said cheap, i was bug-eyed in l.o.v.e.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Depending on where you shop, you can find chicken fairly cheap. I'm in the same boat as well and I get chicken all the time. I find 2.5lb bags of it for $4. Just gotta find the right place

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    its from a swedish place. I have seen prices almost as good over there in the states though on websites. Like trueprotein.com

otherwise I guess contacting a local diary company would be a good idea

Thread Information