Deadend is offline Associate Member

Amount of Carbs in Natural PB

Hey Guys/Gals,
    Sometimes I use natural peanut butter as a healthy fat for a "lean protein/healthy fat" only meal (i.e. no carbs). For these meals I want to get about 45-50 grams of lean protein and about 13-15 grams of healthy fat. 2 tablespoons of natty pb has 16 grams of fat, so I usually have one heaping tablespoon and one about 3/4 full. However 2 tblsp also has 6 grams of carbs: 2 dietary fiber and 1 sugar. Is this two many carbs for a meal that is supposed to ahve little or no carbs. Thanks for your input.

BTW - I am trying to cut and running into some frustrations so I'm trying to tweak my diet. Basically I need to know if you think this might be making a big difference. I use the natty peanut butter as a healthy fat probably 5-6 times/week. Thanks again.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    All natty Pb is fine to use just dont pig out on it

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    The subtract the Fiber and 2 Tbls has 4g of carbs, that's not gonna harm anyone.

niXon)( is offline Member
    PFFFFT, its impossible not to eat more than 2 TBS unless you scoop them out put in shake and put it BACK.

I doubt it's making the difference, i would look at your carbs/when/where you put them and cardio more.

BuildaBeast is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by niXon)(
    PFFFFT, its impossible not to eat more than 2 TBS unless you scoop them out put in shake and put it BACK.

I doubt it's making the difference, i would look at your carbs/when/where you put them and cardio more.

Amen I love natty peanut butter

Thread Information