Liquidred is offline Associate Member

No Appetite...What can I do?

I'm currently on Concerta and its KILLING my appetite and workouts. I am trying to eat but am prob only taking in now like 1200 calories a day. All summer i've been trying to bulk and been doing great. I have been taking in close to 3500 calories a day. I literally can't eat. I hate it. I don't know how to balance this, so i can keep my medication and keep body building. I am losing weight, losing strength, i have no pumps in the gym.

Just as a example today i had 2 eggs and a pro shake and couldn't finish it. I was sick full until about 12 and then i forced down a meal replacement high carb, high protein bar. My PWO meal was about two cups of pasta (which was all i could eat) and my post work out was my normal protein shake and i tried to eat more pasta. I am so frustrated. I thought of getting some weight gainer like 1500 calories. I need some help here.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Mind over matter if results are what you want.

That is what it boils down to. I have no idea what the medication you are taking is, but if it makes you eat in such an un-healthy manner, how good could that really be for you?

~SC~

Darkness is offline Member
    Are those 2 hotties taking your appetite away???

Anyways go to the local pharmacy and ask for something to open your appetite, every now and then I lose appetite when I get sick or something and always get meds for it.

Good luck.

niXon)( is offline Member
    stop being a pussy and eat

but seriously only way you're going to be able to eat more, is to eat more...stretch your stomach it doesn't take long to do it.

The meds i'm on is Concerta...Its really is the only way i can function in a school type atmosphere. I did the calculator thing in the sticky and i should be taking in about 4200 cals a day to grow. My thoughts were and i might be totally wrong but i need calories and instead putting down chicken, carbs and trying to watch my fat intake should i just eat anything i can get down to get those cals a day?
    Today i had a 900 cal 1st meal and ate a meal replacement bar during class....so thats around 1200cals...haven't made it to lunch yet but I'm feeling good so far. Maybe since i've been putting 2%milk in with my protein in the morning its kicking my appetite before the meds can shut it down...I dunno i guess its more of a personal things to where i have to figure it out. I just wondered if anyone else had any tips to get in some extra calories, either through shakes or bars, anything.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Hey man is Concerta like Ritalin or Adderal? Cause I've taken that stuff for stuying and what not and it kills your appitite for sure. I'll try and think up some stuff for ya!

Yea its sucks....I managed to get down a chicken breast and some potatoes for lunch...then i ate another bar during my last class....i feel like shit now...i'm going keep on pushing today and see what happens in the gym tonight. I have had like 2 random people come up in the gym and ask if i'm alright....i didn't think i looked like i was struggling but i guess i do...and i hate to be the person with an excuses so i'm just like yeah i'm a little tired today....Yeah if you can think up something help me out

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    concerta is an amphetamine, it will kill your appetite. Only options are remain on medication and force yourself to eat, or stop taking it, get your shit together, and have more of an appetite.

jmt
    jmt is offline Associate Member
    Technically, Conerta is not an amphetimaine. It's a methylphenidate. But they are somewhat similar in structure.

Try eating high protein/carb supplements in a smaller portion 6-8 times a day. I'm sure everyone here knows how it feels to be overwhelmingly full.

-jmt

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Is there a way you could get prescibed a non-stimulatory drug? This seems as if it would help the problem.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    even Strattera has an appetite reducing effect..

The problem with drugs like straterra is it works off receptors. As we all know your receptors can grow immune to the drug and thats what happened to me. I took it last semester and for about 2 months it worked great and then it stopped, so upped to dosage, 2 days later stopped, upped, stopped...you see where i'm going with that.

Yeah it is a methaphedmine....not to be an ass but there isn't just get off of it and get my shit together...I can't just be like ok i'm going to focus on this...i wish.
    Oh and Yea Concerta IS ritalin. Its just capsuled and made to time release for 12 hours unlike ritalin to where you have to take it like every 5 hours. I'm about to eat my PWO meal so i'm going to shove in as much pasta as i can handle then a Carb/Protein bar. I'll post when i get home and see if trying to eat more today made enough of a difference.

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Slammin down some doctored shakes, between your solid meals would be the easiest way to force down alot of "stuff" at one time... maybee try to not eat as much, but more often i.e. several small meals. Still it's all about how bad you want it!!

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    are there not any other options of medication you can use instead of concerta?? if i had this prolem i would deffently be calling the DOC, begging him for something diffrent.

yeah i felt great in the gym tonight...its is just a matter of pushing it down my throat...
    No there isn't really any other option b/c all of the meds fall under the same catagory of methaphines or something......I did good today so i'm going to just keep pushing it until my mind and body realize we're going to eat no matter what....

Try a shot of B12 every day (1mcg) that should help. Most guys i know who need help eating loads use B12 and I find it a great help when bulking.

gio86 is offline Member
    this might be late but you can get a b12 shot...never tried it my self but suppostly it makes you eat like a horse. give it a try b12 is preaty cheat to

i've been doing pretty good lately....i'm gaining my weight back...i went to the doctor and had him dose it down like 7 mgs and its made a big difference....i'm putting down 2 more protein shakes a day its all working out....my brain and body are getting used to eating even though they don't want to...since my body was being deprived and i wasen't dieting it wasen't that hard to get the weight back and i acually gained like 3 more pounds that i remeber being at before the meds....

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    shakes. You can slip down shakes even when seriously tweaked out so I guess a small dosage wouldnt stop you from drinking them.

do you have add or adhd?

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I'd do oatmeal/protein shakes mixed in a blender, just slam them down, no appetite is needed for that!

Also, up your vits, antioxidants and all that sh!t, Johan will knoe more about it then me..

Like Giantz said your stomach will stretch in no-time, and whatever you force yourself to do - you will learn to like it in a week or so of doing it constatnly, like me and oatmeal

Keep at it bro, read Swole's sentence over and over.....don't think of it as food, think of it as means to get the job DONE, and just do it!

Good luck

Thread Information