faustunta is offline Junior Member

non work out days carbs??

on non workout days...just curious.....should i lower my carb intake and by how much....heard some stuff about it....

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    i keep my diet tha same every day

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Depends on what your goals are.

goals are to lean bulk..... im 5'9 202 pds 11-12% bf looking to be solid 205 7-8% bf

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Keep carbs up, no PWO shake should be the main diff in your diet. Still make sure you are getting enough cals to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Keep carbs up, no PWO shake should be the main diff in your diet. Still make sure you are getting enough cals to grow.
    i thought PWO.... u need to put in a much protien as possble...becuase your body absorbes much more up to an hour after your workout....and will not drinkin protein after a workout make that much diffF???

I think he meant don't drink a PWO shake on your off days. But that doesn't make much sense since you would have to workout to drink a post workout shake. I would just do a clean bulk and work your way up to around 210 and then cut back and lean yourself up.

true.....its really hard to do both at the same time........its taken me a very long time to get here from being 150 pounds out of highschool.. ..... but i thought on non workout days u were supposed to lay off the carbs not the protein to cut

If you weighted 150lbs in highschool.. stop worrying about cutting and just eat good clean meals with high calories. If you put on a tiny bit of fat, oh well, skip a meal and you'll probably lose it. Focus on one thing at a time/and why would you drop your carbs on nonworkout days? maybe simple carbs but deff. not complex.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    If you weighted 150lbs in highschool.. stop worrying about cutting and just eat good clean meals with high calories. If you put on a tiny bit of fat, oh well, skip a meal and you'll probably lose it. Focus on one thing at a time/and why would you drop your carbs on nonworkout days? maybe simple carbs but deff. not complex.

well im def not 150 anymore im 202.... but i would like to see a nice 6 pack in there....their semi visable now but my obliques arnt like i would like... lol

Quote Originally Posted by faustunta
    well im def not 150 anymore im 202.... but i would like to see a nice 6 pack in there....their semi visable now but my obliques arnt like i would like... lol
    Yep, we are never satisfied. Well seems like you gotta make the decision to either gain some weight and say bye to the abs for a short time and then cut it up. Or just stay where your at and be happy.

Darkness is offline Member
    Its easy, I dont take my PWO shake on non workout days. PWO shake = 40g pro + 80 carbs = 480 cals that I dont gut on non workout days. No need to touch the rest of the diet.

Thread Information