Thread: help please :)

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member

help please :)

K guys, here is my problem.....I am "ON" and am entering week 7 of my test/eq cycle. I'm up 12 pounds but was doing very little cardio cause i'm lean already. Now, because of my new job, i'm up at 4:45 every morning running 3 miles and doing other cardio type things cause i'm forced to. Here is what i'm eating, i know it should be more but i'm unsure of what to add to each meal. I also scored some dbol so i'm gonna take it mid-cycle to help add some weight.

meal 1--pre-run 4:45AM
    2 scoops of whey/cup of oatmeal Can't add more cause i already cramp from this when i run

meal 2--after the run 7:15AM
    scoop of whey/detour low sugar bar

meal 3-- 9:30
    tuna packet and almonds

meal 4-- noon
    1 1/2 turkey sandwiches on ww with ff cheese
    pretzels/fruit

meal 5-- 2:00PM
    2 scoops of whey

workout

2 scoops of whey right after

meal 6-- 5:30
    baked chicken, spanish rice

meal 7-- 8:00PM
    2 scoops of whey or big can of chicken

Alright, there is what i eat basically everyday but dont feel like its enough, can i add anything to any meals to add more cals?!

bolin is offline Associate Member
    1. add 5 eggs if you can in meal 1........

2. replace the bar with rice cakes or yams

3 looks ok

4 I would take 2 scoops Protein here instead of meal 5

5 Chicken breast with cup of rice

6 2 scoops whey (where are the carbs!) at least 60gms carbs needs to be taken here

7 OK

8 just add some carbs

I would fit in a protein bar since you are bulking ( I take one every day.. 50gms Protein)

any other suggestions?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Bro, looks more like a cutting diet to me. I like the previous suggestion of 5 eggs, but you might look into buying egg whites already pasteurized. My breakfast is usually

8 oz egg whites (bought in 16 oz cartons at wal mart)
    1 scoop whey
    1 cup oatmeal
    8 oz 2% milk

suggestions in CAPS

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    meal 1--pre-run 4:45AM
    2 scoops of whey/cup of oatmeal Can't add more cause i already cramp from this when i run

SEE ABOVE

meal 2--after the run 7:15AM
    scoop of whey/detour low sugar bar

YOU NEED COMPLEX CARBS VERY QUICKLY IF YOU'RE TRYING TO BULK, TO KEEP CATABOLISM FROM SETTING IN AFTER A RUN. BROWN RICE, WHEAT BREAD, WHEAT PASTA, CEREAL (NOT AS GOOD BUT IT WORKS), POTATOS, OATMEAL, ETC ETC.

TRY REAL FOOD FOR THE PROTEIN SOURCE AS WELL - CHICKEN, TUNA, STEAK, TURKEY, SUB W/ LOTS OF MEAT FROM SUBWAY, ETC. EAT RELATIVELY DIRTY, YOU'RE BULKING.

meal 3-- 9:30
    tuna packet and almonds

NOT ENOUGH PROTEIN IMO, I THINK THEY ONLY HAVE AROUND 32G. I TRY TO SHOOT FOR 50-60 PER MEAL WHEN BULKING. MAKE SURE YOU'RE GETTING ENOUGH ALMONDS. YOU CAN ALSO ADD BREAD, MILK, RICE, A BURRITO, PIZZA, WHATEVER. MIXING CARBS AND FATS ISNT TOO BAD WHEN BULKING IF THE CARBS ARE COMPLEX.

meal 4-- noon
    1 1/2 turkey sandwiches on ww with ff cheese
    pretzels/fruit

ANY IDEA HOW MUCH PROTEIN? KEEP EATING BRO. ANYTHING THAT IS CALORIE DENSE WILL HELP YOU AT EVERY MEAL.

meal 5-- 2:00PM
    2 scoops of whey

COULD BE MUCH BETTER... CAN OF CHICKEN, CHICKEN BREAST, TUNA OR STEAK AND SOME CARBS AND FATS. BASICALLY ANYTHING BESIDES FRIED CHICKEN, PIZZA, FRIES, ETC. IS NOT SHIT FOOD IMO.

workout

2 scoops of whey right after

ID SERIOUSLY CONSIDER ADDING 100G DEXTROSE OR 50G DEXTROSE AND 50G MALTODEXTRIN. I'VE REALIZED THE PAST YEAR THAT PWO NUTRITION IS SOOOO IMPORTANT AND IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

meal 6-- 5:30
    baked chicken, spanish rice

GOOD, HOPEFULLY SOME VEGETABLES AND AT LEAST 60G PROTEIN/60G CARBS/SOME FAT.

meal 7-- 8:00PM
    2 scoops of whey or big can of chicken

THE WHEY GETS DIGESTED EXTREMELY FAST. EATING PROTEIN BY ITSELF IS NOT ADVISABLE EITHER BECAUSE IT IS NOT A PRIME ENERGY SOURCE LIKE CARBS OR FATS. REAL FOOD WILL BENEFIT YOU HERE MORE, THE LAST MEAL OF THE DAY IS USUALLY THE ONLY ONE I EAT WITHOUT 60G CARBS. 1 1/2 OR 2 CANS OF TUNA AND FLAX SEED OIL IS AN EXCELLENT MEAL BEFORE SLEEP. EFA'S ARE GOOD GOOD CALORIES.
    Like I said bro, looks like a cutting diet to me, and a bad one because there is lots of protein by itself in there. Basically you need to eat until you can't eat any more, but "relatively" clean calories. If I down a steak and a cup of rice and some veggies and I get hungry an hour later, so be it. I'll drink a weight gainer or have a bowl of cereal and 1 scoop whey inbetween meals or something.

Especially with your job and your metabolism, you need to up the calories a bunch man. I can give you a couple days of what I eat throughout the day if you like.
    Last edited by AandF6969; 09-02-2005 at 01:05 AM.

wow, lol, i am eating like a p*ssy arent i. Yea if you dont mind sending me a sample of what you eat that'd be cool. Thanks bro!

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    I also scored some dbol so i'm gonna take it mid-cycle to help add some weight.

WHELP..FORGET RUNNING....LOL

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I definitely agree with A&F. Looks like a cutting diet to me. Try adding a little bit more whole foods if you have the time. Dont be afraid to add some food to those shake only snacks. Especially since you're using whey protein. It will absord so fast you will be hungry 10 minutes later.

Also, go right into your meal after training. By ingesting 100% whey PWO thats not going to do much. You need some carbs to spike that insulin to start repairing right away. By taking the whey your body is going to have a harder time breaking that down into glucose.

A cutting diet plus D-bol makes no sense. So stick w/ what most people are saying. Eat a little bit more whole foods and keep up the good work. Best of luck buddy!!!
    Last edited by SPIKE; 09-02-2005 at 01:52 PM.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Doesn't look like you are getting enough protein from food. Looks like you are only getting a little over 100g. You seem to be depending too much on whey protein. 9 scoops a day? Damn! I would go broke! I'm on a cutting cycle right now, and I'm eating 300g of protein just from food alone.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    I'm eating 300g of protein just from food alone.
    That's hard to do. You must be eating a lot and often. Keep it up, I know its hard for me to get down that much protein relying on just whole foods.

Actually if you do that math, most supplemented proteins will be cheaper than whole foods.

Chicken---------------->16.oz=$3
    16.oz=144g protein
    1.oz=9g protein

Designer whey---------> 18g protein per serving
    95 serviing for $35
    $.30 per serving

Basically a dollar will get you 54grams protein from Designer whey.

$1 can buy you roughly 5oz chicken which equals 45grams protein.

When you do that math its not that much of a difference off. Obviously whole foods are always "better" for the body. I try to combine the 2 and get the best of both worlds.

*Prices of food and supplements are what I typically pay. Cases will vary.

thanks for the help guys, i'll be hittin the grocery store this weekend.

IronAdam is offline Member
    What up 1BC, long time no see. Some good suggestions on the diet from AF...

Good luck with the cycle bro!

PS Hit me up some time. Later.

Thread Information