bombastico is offline Junior Member

Might be a dumb question...

But I'm 6'1", 179 lbs at around 15-16% BF. I want to add on 10-12 lbs of lean muscle. I am currently following the gain lean muscle mass macro. Is it possible to add 10-12 lbs of lean muscle, yet at the same time decrease BF%, lets say a few % points?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    You can expect very little fat loss when trying to gain muscle , vice versa...Unless ur a genetic freak and/or you use drugs..

Depends how serious you are about bodybuilding, HGH will build muscle and slowly shread your fat though.

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    I dont believe that at all. You clean up your diet, eat more often, and add higher amount of protein and calories to your diet and you will do both. Building mass will give you more fat free mass anyways.. I dont know why you guys are sayin you cant do it..

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    Then again, I'm not on a "yo-yo" diet like so many BodyBuilders are. I wear my big as fvck/lean look all year long.

bombastico is offline Junior Member
    Well I dont think I'm a genetic freak. But I am taking a cycle of anavar /prop very soon. Would that help or hinder my gaining lean muscle mass goals. I know that anavar/prop combo is good for cutting, but If I'm on a gain lean muscle mass diet... would that help me to shed some BF while gaining 10-12lbs of muscle?

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    I have been jerking around for 2 years with this and you will lose very little body fat if any. If you eat correctly all the time you will gain lean mass and fill out and appear leaner which in turn will make slightly flabby areas muscular but to go down in BF by % you have to be on some serious drugs.

Jakspro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_test
    Building mass will give you more fat free mass anyways.. I dont know why you guys are sayin you cant do it..

I agree.. if your 180 at 15%BF and get 15 lbs of lean muscle then you'll be sitting now at 195 with 13.8%B... possible if you put on just lean mass...

Thread Information