Flex2winny is offline Associate Member

You aren't Going to like this.....

But I must be one that responds better going against the grain. I gain more clean weight during a bulking phase incorporating more p/c and even some p/c/f meals MORE so than with P/f........I think.

The reasoning, is for the past 4 weeks I've gone:

p/c
    p/f
    p/f
    p/c
    workout
    p/c
    p/c
    p/f
    bed

I keep this for another few weeks, but think I'm going to add some fats in with my p/c meals EXEPT Pre and post training. For example, in meal 1, istead of just egg whites and oats with cottage cheese and fruit (berries,banana) I'm going to toss in a whole egg, or a tb of ANPB. In my 3rd meal, I'll have a yam with my chicken and steak and veggies/flax. See what I'm getting at? Nothing crazy, and no crazy insulin spikes, just some more calories.......is this a good plan? ANyone else do it?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    There is nothing wrong with that approach, if you read the bulking sticky I mentioned that some people respond better to a couple more p/c meals. It just depends on your body type and metabolism. As for adding fats to your p/c meals, I would not do that. Just add more fat to your pro/fat meals if you feel your daily fat intake is too low.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    How about good fats with complex carbs...tb of pb in oats, etc....not talking simple carbs where insulin is present!

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    How about good fats with complex carbs...tb of pb in oats, etc....not talking simple carbs where insulin is present!
    Many will tell you not to, but you arent going to have much of an insulin spike from the oats. If you are just insisting that you get more calories and add fat to a p/c meal, I would choose Oats as your carb of choice. Try it out and see how you do. If you are a hardgainer the extra calories may not hurt you at all.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If your test levels are LOW as per your threads in the steroid forum, I believe that would have more to do w/what you see/don't see gain wise more-so than the issue of p/c or p/f.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 09-04-2005 at 09:09 PM.

Thread Information