got fina? is offline Member

Banana post workout?

Hey whats up?

At my gym they put a banana in ur post wrokout protien shake.
    Im doing a areally low carber since im trying to cut as much as possible.
    Do u think this is a prob in any way for someone on a cutting cycle/diet??

Thanx.........

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Pwo shake should contain 40gr protein and 80gr carbs.

digerati is offline Junior Member
    greenmachine, is it a "no matter what" situation? What if the guy is 135 lbs or 300 lbs? Same shake? Curious...

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digerati
    greenmachine, is it a "no matter what" situation? What if the guy is 135 lbs or 300 lbs? Same shake? Curious...
    The ratio would roughly stay the same no matter the amount, 1:2

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Even when cutting, the PWO shake should have some simple carbs in the amount and ratio above.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    A 2 to 1 ratio, yes, but the amounts of each won't be the same for every person no! I keep seeing people say "use 40 pro/80 dextrose in your pwo shake", but that advice is given to EVERYONE whether they are 140 lbs. or 400 lbs. It doesn't work like that!

To answer the initial question, a banana pwo does NOTHING BENEFICIAL at all to help you recover from a workout. As well, doing a "low carb" diet is fine, however post-workout is ONE TIME WHERE YOU DO NOT want to focus on low carbs. Not if lean mass preservation/gain is of remote importance to you.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    A 2 to 1 ratio, yes, but the amounts of each won't be the same for every person no! I keep seeing people say "use 40 pro/80 dextrose in your pwo shake", but that advice is given to EVERYONE whether they are 140 lbs. or 400 lbs. It doesn't work like that!

To answer the initial question, a banana pwo does NOTHING BENEFICIAL at all to help you recover from a workout. As well, doing a "low carb" diet is fine, however post-workout is ONE TIME WHERE YOU DO NOT want to focus on low carbs. Not if lean mass preservation/gain is of remote importance to you.

~SC~
    Word, the ratio would be the same no matter the "amount"... Yo swole, whats your take personaly on pasta for a ppwo meal carb... A top-bbr recently responded to a e-mail of mine stating, he takes "5-6 oz pasta along with 10 oz ground sirloin"?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I eat pasta on occassion in my 2nd pwo meal, yes, but I don't mix it with red meat, no. I use chicken breast as my protein source. As long as the pasta is in the correct amounts for your goals, then I see no issue w/it pwo. Many will "bloat" from it (gluten issue) but if you can get by with this and suffer no ill effects, then it's a carb that can be used yes.

~SC~

Cool! thanks as always.

Thread Information