Thread: Off to College

7f8
    7f8 is offline New Member

Off to College

Ok, As the title states I am going off to college in a few weeks. After fall practice which will only be a few weeks i want to go on a bulking diet. I will have 3 meals a day, 7 days a week as that is the meal plan i selected.. but i need other ways to get my other meals throughout the day such as my Post post workout meal (assuming I go have my 2nd or 3rd meal as a post workout meal).
    I dont know if I should just keep cans of tuna in the mini fridge in my room all the time or if there are many other options that I can handle with a microwave / mini - fridge / min - freezer ? of course I could go the peanut butter and jelly route but I wanted to know if there is anything good out there I can just keep in my room and have as a meal at any point in the day I need it

any suggestions would help

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    George Foreman Grill + Meat = fast good meal.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I like the tuna route. Since you will be a college man I'll teach you something before you even start school: You do not need to keep the cans of tuna in the refrigerator. It will not go bad in cupboard. If you add mayo you SHOULD keep that in your mini-fridge.

The forman grill is great advice from the previous poster. Bet its good for fresh salmon too!

Quote Originally Posted by 7f8
    Ok, As the title states I am going off to college in a few weeks. After fall practice which will only be a few weeks i want to go on a bulking diet. I will have 3 meals a day, 7 days a week as that is the meal plan i selected.. but i need other ways to get my other meals throughout the day such as my Post post workout meal (assuming I go have my 2nd or 3rd meal as a post workout meal).
    I dont know if I should just keep cans of tuna in the mini fridge in my room all the time or if there are many other options that I can handle with a microwave / mini - fridge / min - freezer ? of course I could go the peanut butter and jelly route but I wanted to know if there is anything good out there I can just keep in my room and have as a meal at any point in the day I need it

any suggestions would help

bulletproof_ is offline New Member
    Yeah, go with a George Foreman grill. If you're living in a dorm, they might have rules about things with hot plates (you probably aren't allowed to have them). Just be careful to hide it if any authority figures are around. I also ate alot of oatmeal with raisins with protein shakes. Keep the shakes to a minimum though, go with real meat. Dried fruits, olive oil...there are quite a few good high cal foods that don't require a full kitchen. Shit you can even cook eggs in the microwave. Crack them in a bowl and cook them for 3-4 minutes. It might make your room smell a little farty though.

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    A George Foreman is a single dudes best friend!

I always wonder though..."WTF? why didnt they invent one of these like 50 years ago? You plug it in...it gets hot...and it's tilted so that the fat drips off.." Not rocket science! I love mine though

7f8
    Thanks for the replies, I'll have to talk to my RA about the foreman grill. I was also going to ask about protein shakes and having too many because there is very little decent sources of protein in my cafeteria where i go to eat other than eggs in the morning. This past week was my first week there and there are so many carb filled foods its ridiculous, I guess its because pastas / potatoes / grits / oatmeal/ cereal is so cheap. So I think I'll have to make do with tuna / protein shakes until I ask my RA. How much protein from shakes should i get maximum in a day?

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I was watching food network today, they had a seriouse George forman grilling cookoff! It was unreal what they were cooking!

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    go to local grocery store
    buy whole wheat/grain bread
    buy lunch meat
    buy brown rice
    eat it all.

it sucks having to eat turkey sandwiches all day, but it works. college will **** you over with dieting though. i dont know what college you are at, but at mine you can only have 3oz of meat with each "mealplan", and its usually fried.

7f8
    Yea yesterday for dinner my only option for protein was chicken pot pie and i received a whopping 2 pieces of chicken the size of my thumb and when I asked for more chicken I got yelled at ... I wanted to cry but instead i found some hard boiled eggs in the salad section and went to work on those

i now see why everyone puts on so much fat when they go to college and get their "freshman 15" ... carbs carbs carbs carbs and more carbs at every meal

what really sucks even more is that I have baseball practice and then go straight to lift so my body is in real need of nutrients and protein throughout the day but it is so hard to get that.. atleast i can find plenty of carb sources because I am bulking

Thread Information