Tommy Gunn is offline Member

What is a good post cardio meal for someone who isn't trying to lose weight?

What is a good post cardio meal for someone who isn't trying to lose weight?

Right now about an hour after my boxing workout, I have an 8 oz chicken breast and 1/2 cup of white rice. I'm not trying to lose weight. In fact I'm trying to keep as much size on me as I can while keeping my boxing workouts intense. I'm in the super heavyweight division, so I don't have to worry about making weight.

Is my chicken and rice meal good for my goals? Or could I get away with eating whatever I want (fast food included) after my boxing workouts?

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i would stick with cicken and rice or maybe a whey shake with oatmeal

Thanks steve0. Anyone else? I could really use the help.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I would have to agree with steveo on this one; as i usually have a bowl of oats with a shake.

A bowl of oats with a shake for POST cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn
    A bowl of oats with a shake for POST cardio?
    yeah man you use glycogen when you cardio because you are doing a repetive activity, therefore you body is glycogen wich happens to be stored in ur muscles haveing carbs after your cardio session will replenish glycogen and the protein you get from the shake will be food for your muscles aswell, since you are not concerned with BF lose i would have this meal about 15 mins after you cardio session if you are trying to lose Bf eat this meal about 30-45 mins after you session

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    i would have this meal about 15 mins after you cardio session if you are trying to lose Bf eat this meal about 30-45 mins after you session

whats the reason for the difference in the timing?

after cardio your body is in the EPOC process this is the process were you are still burning fat after cardio, when you eat you will stop this process so waiting a little longer to eat is best if you are trying to lose BF

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    after cardio your body is in the EPOC process this is the process were you are still burning fat after cardio, when you eat you will stop this process so waiting a little longer to eat is best if you are trying to lose BF
    This greatly depends upon the type of Cardio performed. EPOC from Low-Intensity is only a few minutes.

thanks for the input giantz11,,didnt know that

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    i do either incline walk, elliptical or bike for 32 minutes every am at 500am. I then do abs, shower, get ready for the office, and have 3/4 cup rolled oats, 4 egg whites, 1 full cup (225g or 1/2 tub) dry curd cottage cheese with strawberries and a banana.

then it's p/f meals for the next 2, pc for the 3rd, p/c for the 4th and p/f before bed. I've been skipping the pw shake and hitting up a big ass bowl of rice or potatoes, egg whites and cottage cheese post training......just not sure on all the sugar in dext, plus it's later and I like to have a thick casein shake before bed. SO my schedule is like

6;30
    train
    bed

Thread Information