KingMike is offline Associate Member

5000 calorie meal?

Tommorow will me day 18 without a refeed or cheat. My workout a little while ago went good but I am feeling tired the last few days. My in laws are coming down Thursday for a big Golden Corral buffet get together. Here is my question (which I think I have sked before). If EVERY meal through my training split which covers 11 days is PERFECT which is anywhere from 66-72 meals, how bad is a big buffet blowout at the end of that 11 day cycle going to hurt. I mean damn, I want to be healthy but my friend toady that I have not seen in 3 months told me that it looked like I have aids. I am 6 foot 178 currently and planned on going to around 172-3 ish to finish my cut but do not want to look like a freak. My lifting cycle is upper lower every other day and it starts with reps of 4-6, then 7-9 then finishes with 10-12. It would work out great with a HUGE cheat buffet or day every 11th or 12 th day, what do ya think.

juiceball44 is offline Associate Member
    5000 for maybe a cheat DAY but not for a meal. i would do a crazy leg workout before you go to the buffet and try around maybe 2k-3k cals but 5k at once is useless, especially for someone at only 170lbs!! spread it out through the day you body will thank you later

when you get to 270 than you can eat like the bigboys

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    18 days umm i say ur good for a refeed

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    go for it bro...you deserve it.

After 18 days I do not know if I am concerned with what my body will accept, I just want about 12 hours to eat and not think about anything toher than chewing wheather it is 2,3 or 5000 calories. How much fat can you actually gain in a 12 hour timeframe and is new fat deposits different than existing fat deposits. Oh yeh, I did used to be 285 pounds but the BF was around 50% or so so I would say that no matter what I weigh I have an eating problem but I thought that if I eat like a hog 3 times a month as opposed to 30 times a month, along with the 30 cardio sessions and 12-15 lifting sessions, I may do ok.

elcapitan is offline Associate Member
    it takes 3500 excess calories to gain a pound (plus or minus)
    -- wouldn't hurt one bit go for it.

So I am eating 21-2250 calories a day for 11 days and losing 2-3 pounds of fat then I would eat 6500 calories on a cheat day on that 12th day, I would put on a pound and therefore lose 1-2 pounds every 11 days or so. Damn, that seems almost worth it. It is no problem to jump right back into the game the day after a cheat. I did it for over 2 years to lose 100 pounds. The only question I had was is there a differeance in new fat deposits that I will put on during that cheat day or will it come off just like the rest of my fat. I think I am around 12-13% fat right now and being 6 foot 178, I am starting to look like a runner as opposed to a lifter due to the cutting, this always happens to me. I am gaining strength and doing everything right but I still end up very thin.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    we have answered this b4
    and we did say you should have a cheat day
    then you said you felt guilty to have a cheat day
    then you agreed to have one
    now you're saying you havent had one in 18 days and you're asking again if you can have cheat meal or day....

answer is yes you can how many more times you going to ask???/
    no flame man...
    but make up your mind and dont worry its not going to hurt you...

You are right. I am thinking about it too much. The only way to find out effects are to do it and see what happens. I thought about cheating and the go back to cutting and cheat again when I have lost 4 pounds, cheat, then continue. Thanks for the words Collar, I needed your voice in this very minute matter to most but a huge one for me. I will enjoy and post my guilt afterwards.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    thats the best way really
    give it ago for bout 3 weeks or so once a week cheat
    see how your body reacts
    if you dont work then dont do it
    nothing to lose

juiceball44 is offline Associate Member
    well if you lost that much weight you deserve a cheat day BUT dont go overboard man its not worth it, go to the buffet and pig out but 5000 cals just seems stupid. i would feel like absolute shit after

5000 was just a number I threw out. I mean go to the buffet, sit down and eat whatever I want until I am VERY full. In my current condition I have no doubt that I could eat 8-10000 calories in one day. I tried CKD last year with sucess and ate 8000 + every Sunday and got great results. Maybe my body is used to cheating every week. I have done it probably 140 times in the past 3 years, almost every Sunday like clockwork.

alo5603 is offline Member
    hmmm, honestly, it takes more than one day to actually gain fat. You will have a lot of food in your stomach but your body isnt going to hold it in one days time.... c,mon man, if it did, people wouldnt be cheating for fear of prolonging there cuttin up. Dont worry about it, you deserve the cheat, just do it and not think about it anymore.

alo

Thread Information