IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

am i at risk for heart disease by...

eating 12 whole eggs a day

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    eating 12 whole eggs a day
    why whole eggs? why not a few and majority whites?

i need the yellows because they are a portion of my protein requirement of 430 grams of protein a day

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    i need the yellows because they are a portion of my protein requirement of 430 grams of protein a day
    find another source of protein dude... that's a lot of yolks, even though some would argue that the effects are not that hard on your body, I would refrain from eating that many...

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Thats a shit load of egg yolks. I don't think anyone can say whether you are at risk or not. Dietary intake of Cholesterol and actual Cholesterol levels don't correlate, so thats a plus. But if you are genetically prediposed well thats another case then. Have you tried a protein supplement like whey? Meats are a good souce too!

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Thats a shit load of egg yolks. I don't think anyone can say whether you are at risk or not. Dietary intake of Cholesterol and actual Cholesterol levels don't correlate, so thats a plus. But if you are genetically prediposed well thats another case then. Have you tried a protein supplement like whey? Meats are a good souce too!
    yeah, what he said!

as far as meats go, i already eat about 2 and a half pounds a day, half a gallon of milk, and 3 scoops of whey. its jsut my personal opinion that powder should not be any more then 10-20 percent of daily intake

Well teh actual Egg white has the bulk of the portein in an egg, so just up the whites and you can still get a few whole egss in there.

i believe or i thought the amounts are equal, 3.5 in white, 3.5 in yellow, and as far as price goes i am in college

3.5g White, bout 2.5 for the Yolk, so yeah you're close. I'd still cut back on some Yolks and add more whites. Throw some cottage cheese in there possibly. You could certainly do a little more Whey.

I have seen alot of studies supporting this next statement sorry for not having a source though

Not only have studies shown that eggs do not significantly affect cholesterol levels in most individuals, but the latest research suggests that eating whole eggs may actually result in significant improvement in one's blood lipids (cholesterol) profile—even in persons whose cholesterol levels rise when eating cholesterol-rich foods.

In northern Mexico, an area in which the diet contains a high amount of fat because of its reliance on low-cost meat products and tortillas made with hydrogenated oils, coronary artery disease is common. In a study published in the October 2004 issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,

researchers evaluated the effects of daily consumption of whole eggs on the ratio of LDL (bad) cholesterol to HDL (good) cholesterol, and phenotype (the way an individual's genetic possibilities are actually expressed) in 54 children (8-12 years old) from this region. A month of eating 2 eggs daily, not only did not worsen the children's ratio of LDL:HDL, which remained the same, but the size of their LDL cholesterol increased—a very beneficial change since larger LDL is much less atherogenic (likely to promote atherosclerosis) than the smaller LDL subfractions. Among children who originally had the high risk LDL phenotype B, 15% shifted to the low-risk LDL phenotype A after just one month of eating whole eggs.

now 12 is not the same as 2 i realize

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    3.5g White, bout 2.5 for the Yolk, so yeah you're close. I'd still cut back on some Yolks and add more whites. Throw some cottage cheese in there possibly. You could certainly do a little more Whey.
    jsut to clear things up i am talkin extra large, so 7 grams per egg. i could have sworn that the whites and yolks are equal

Yeah seems about right. i'd still seek an alternative to eating 12 egg yolks if possible. If not I doubt you'll die anytime soon.

Thread Information