bombastico is offline Junior Member

Hows this carb cycling diet?

M: 3100 cals / 335 pro / 259 carb / 83 fat (weight training)
    T: 2100 cals/ 280 pro / 80 carb / 75 fat (cardio)
    W: 3100 cals / 335 pro / 259 carb / 83 fat (weight training)
    Th: 2100 cals/ 280 pro / 80 carb / 75 fat (cardio)
    F: 3100 cals / 335 pro / 259 carb / 83 fat (weight training)
    S: 2100 cals/ 280 pro / 80 carb / 75 fat (cardio)
    Su: Cheat day

I am 6'1", 180 lbs with about 15-16% BF. I am trying to add some lean mass (about 10 pounds) but keep fat loss to a min. I was tinkering with this carb cycling idea. Is this a good thing to do?

also, should I do more cardio days?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I think carb cycling should have Low, Moderate and High Carbs days, one day you will need to go below 80g. Check out Twin Peaks artcile over at avant labs you fins all the info you need.

Phixion is offline New Member
    I probably haven't experienced carb cycling as much as some of you others but I think I have better results cutting or adding carbs for a more extended time time....
    Makes more sense to shock your body a little longer than alternating high carb day with low carb days...

1)So for 1-week I would drop carbs between 70-120...
    2)then for the first 2-days following the low carb week I eat quality high carbs to saturate muscles with glycogen and refuel
    3)and the rest of that week eat moderate carbs.....
    4) Repeate steps 1-3....

on workout days I allow 3 carb meals...
    breakfast- 1 cup oats about 1 cup egg whites....
    lunch- about 2 hours pre-workout 2 cans of tuna 4 wheat bread slices
    PWO- 1 cup instant brown rice, or some whole wheat pasta chicken w.e low GI carbs and quality protein pleases you....

I walk 15 min to and back from class daily, so on non-workout days I go on an empty stomach (6 oz of dark coffee for caffeine)and use this as cardio.....cardio days=lowest carb days as well

After cardio (breakfast):1 cup oats 1 cup egg whites (biggest carb meal)
    around 4 pm: 1/2 cup brown rice chicken
    =*2 carb meals (my second carb meal is usually half the portion size of my first carb meal of the day)=about 25-30g

Those are the low carb week I would cycle...I havent been able to follow this regime for to long, but it seems to really help bring out the abs in quickest time....I still eat 6-8 meals a day, except they are all PRO/FAT....tuna w/mayo, steak broccoli, egg whites with a few yokes or peanutbutter, casein w/flax....etc...

Monitor yourself-up/drop carbs depending on how you look and feel...It just seems to make more sense to me to do the low carb for a longer period of time instad of switching it back to high carb days so quickly...

bombastico is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I think carb cycling should have Low, Moderate and High Carbs days, one day you will need to go below 80g. Check out Twin Peaks artcile over at avant labs you fins all the info you need.
    Do you have a URL for that article?

Also, thanks Phixion... im gonna give that a try as well. See what works best for me.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i just play with amounts about evrey three days i'll either up or drop my carb intake on that day its mostly a cardio day

Thread Information