MoneyAddyct is offline Member

I Can't Get The Food Down--Please Help

When I first started my 6-8 meal a day, approx. 3500 calorie diet, I was able to get the food down, no problem. I felt full and sometimes didn't want to eat, but I pushed myself and I was able to. Now, I'd say, within the past week or so, I just can't get the food down. Why did it start off so easy for me and now it's difficult? I'd think it'd be the other way around--hard at first and then easier. I'm working out 5 days a week and I have more motivation than I know what to do with, but it's gotten to the point that I'll start dry-heaving or gagging when I try to get all my meals in. I tried different foods, chicken, tuna, steak, salmon, but it's all the same. Anyone have any suggestions? I know I could up the protein shakes to 3-4 a day (instead of 2), but I think that's kinda cheating because I really WANT to be able to eat whole foods, 5-8 times a day without a problem. Thanks.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What types of meals are you eating? Eat stuff that appeals to you, that tastes good, etc.

~SC~

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    I'm eating lots of chicken and pasta or rice, tuna, steak and potatoes. All my meals appeal to me and all taste good, but it's just a problem of eating them.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Keep your eyes on the prize brutha!

~SC~

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    see this happens to me...one day when you arent working out of course, go ahead and take it easy just eat like 4 meals that day only when you are real hungry and you might even just take a cheat day but keep it small...the rest of the week your body and mind will be so focused on catching up on the meals you missed that day and it should be easier for ya...this works for me anyways. good luck.

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    man just feel lucky are are able to afford all those foods.theres lots of guys in here that wish they could eat like that.i know i do.try drinkin water with ur meals and eat the food really fast.i usually dont have the problem getting the food down its more of getting the food

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    You just gotta want it bad enough, If it was easy, We wouldn't stand apart.

Thread Information