kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member

Please critique my diet people.

Okay I have a years worth of serious training under my belt...1 1/2 years of training total...I weigh in at 205 pounds, 5'10" tall, and most likely 15% bodyfat (ouch i know but i have no reason to try to be 10% like I used to be right now considering fall is almost here and i will have no reason to have my shirt off in public anytime soon).

My workout routine is as follows:

Sunday:bis, tris, delts.
    Monday:Legs
    Tuesday:rest and cardio
    Wednesday:Chest and abs
    Thursday:back and traps
    Friday:Rest and cardio
    Saturday:start over

So I do 2 days on and 1 day off.

Now here is my diet on workout days....

Breakfast: Protein shake consisting of 56 grams of whey, 86 grams of dextrose, and 5 grams of fat

Lunch:7 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, and 3/8 cup of natural almonds

Lunch #2: 6 oz. of tuna fish and 1cup-1 1/2 cup of oatmeal depending on how hungry I am.

Preworkout: shake consisting of 56 grams of whey, 86 grams of dextrose, and 5 grams of fat.

Postworkout: shake consisting of 56 grams of whey, 86 grams of MALTODEXTRIN, and 5 grams of fat.

Dinner: 8 oz. chicken breast and pasta, or sushi

Dinner #2: 6 oz. of tuna fish and 3 tablespoons of peanut butter...

I have a few questions about my diet...

1. Non-workout days I just take off 1 shake...is this a good idea, or should i leave it like it is on workout days?

2. Is this diet too clean for a bulking diet? Someone said I should add a fast food meal like spicy chicken sandwhich from wendys with fries just for the extra calories but im not quite convinced.

This diet is around 3,500 calories with the 7 meals...with 6 on nonworkout days it is 3,000...is this enough calories to keep me growing?

I would like to thank all ahead of time for any advice.
    Last edited by kaptainkeezy04; 09-10-2005 at 08:50 PM.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Training days look ok, not sure what kind of routine you use or intensity. As far as being 15% bf. I don't know you but I'd bet you are more than 15% with just a 1 1/2 of lifting and being 205 5'10", I may be wrong though. Diet looks ok, but need work. Here are a few suggestions. 2 major things that stick out.
    1. Your supplements take up half of your total calories. Need more solid foods.
    2. You have no fruits or veggies? Those are important.

Looks good for a start, change a few things and you'll have a pretty decent diet. Most importantely eat like this consistantly to see results. BTW, We do not know if 3500 cal will keep you growing, you need to figure out your metabolic rate and see how many calories you burn during a normal day. There is a formula that will help you get close, but the best way to tell is to stick to a calorie count for 4-6 weeks and change it as needed. Goodluck.

my intensity is pretty high and i am hardly ever in a comfort zone as i usually superset and sweat like a beast...yeah sorry i forgot to mention veggies they are obviously in sushi and they come with the chicken and pasta from outback steakhouse. i know you think i am more than 15% bodyfat but keep in mind i have done a cycle before and gained 30 pounds on it...i know i was stupid to have done it but i cant go back and change it and i know not to do it for a while now. So what could I do to take out one of the shakes? what meal should i replace it with?

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    my intensity is pretty high and i am hardly ever in a comfort zone as i usually superset and sweat like a beast...yeah sorry i forgot to mention veggies they are obviously in sushi and they come with the chicken and pasta from outback steakhouse. i know you think i am more than 15% bodyfat but keep in mind i have done a cycle before and gained 30 pounds on it...i know i was stupid to have done it but i cant go back and change it and i know not to do it for a while now. So what could I do to take out one of the shakes? what meal should i replace it with?
    by the way the cycle was quite heavy with dbol and test cyp and deca ...i know i was dumb but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    by the way the cycle was quite heavy with dbol and test cyp and deca...i know i was dumb but oh well.
    Dumb? Why because you think you did it too early? possibly. I would change breakfast shake into a meal. I don't know, maybe steak and potatoes.. j/k anything you want, make it a balanced meal.

yeah because i was still young thanks for the advice mayne.

Possibly eat breakfast and drink the shake since you need the extra calories. Just a thought. But you gotta get up in the 4K's to really put on the lbs. Buddy of mine does 6-7K/day for 4 weeks at a time.. Now that's a lot of food.

damn man wtf? thats a lot...and i couldnt possibly eat a meal and have a shake at the same time lol...but ill get up in the 4k's and post again in a few weeks to give you my results...thanks again mayne.

Sure you can, you have to eat until your past the point of being full.. feeling like you will puke at any moment. Then you wait a few hours and do it again. It's really fun.

Thread Information