Thread: vegetarian..

tiger909 is offline Senior Member

vegetarian..

im veggie and findit hard to reach 200 g pro a day. i have whey isolate which is 60 per...and i drink two daily...however im yearning for some REAL food with good protien...one to eat after coming home from the gym...any suggestions

bigron62 is offline Junior Member
    milk , eggs, peanut butter ,

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    man that sucks... a vegeterian body-builder, thats hard to do. anyway, soy protein sucks but yeah i guess egg whites can be your new best friend. do you like cottage cheese, that would work. anyway, good luck bro i got some turkey to attend to!

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    it possible im 5-8 190 lbs. just bulked up 15 lbs. naturally this summer.....just tired of whey. lookin for a new thing...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger909
    im veggie and findit hard to reach 200 g pro a day. i have whey isolate which is 60 per...and i drink two daily...however im yearning for some REAL food with good protien...one to eat after coming home from the gym...any suggestions
    Go grab a rib eye and watch yourself GROW!!!!!

~SC~

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger909
    it possible im 5-8 190 lbs. just bulked up 15 lbs. naturally this summer.....just tired of whey. lookin for a new thing...
    Honestly, it sucks trying to gain lean mass and keep fat off, or shed fat and keep lean mass, when you are a vegetarian.

I turned down FOUR (4) people this last week alone from the JSF for customized help on my programs due to them being vegetarians. Rather than take their money and have them fail, I am honest with them and tell them that my progam is not realistic to take part in w/their eating habits.

I equate this to people wanting to be a doctor, but not wanting to go to medical school. Some things are just REQUIRED if one wishes to receive the outcome. At some point you have to be realistic about goals and what it's going to take to get there.

~SC~

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Where's that thread with the Vegan Body Builders?

Girlyman is offline Associate Member
    I saw a comercial on Tv by PETA, they had some scrawny guy flexing and the commentator reads something like "And who said you needed to eat meat to build muscle" or something like that and the guy prolly weighed 170 pounds. It was prolly the beefiest vegan they could find. I got a chuckle out of it anyway.

Thread Information