Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

Whole wheat bread

is this ok to have when trying to lean up, or should i gow tih the whole grain breads , liek 12 grain, as opposed to the whole wheat. Im thinking whole grain is better, the whole wheat is very light n fluffy like white bread, n i may be wrong but isnt the ingrdiant that makes it reall fluffy n soft the part thats bad?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    This depends on how you respond to gluten, what time of day you will eat this bread, with what, etc.

~SC~

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    I get about 50% of my Com-Carbs from 100% wheat breads. The main reason is because I'm sick or oatmeal and potato's. Would I use breads if I was cutting down? NO

What do you consider leaning out?

mrclark is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    This depends on how you respond to gluten, what time of day you will eat this bread, with what, etc.

~SC~
    Hi SC sorry to intrude, but I was curious to the answer of this question myself. Aside from being responsive to gluten itself, couldn't one have this carb with a pro meal at anytime of the day EXCEPT perhaps for a PWO & PPWO meal?

For the latter two meals, it would either be a 2:1 dexro or low gi carbro (PWO) and for the PPWO, a better source of low GI to slowly breakdown the carbs and protein release (i.e. brown rice / oats / sweet potato)

If he was to have that bread lets say for breakfast or any other meal that would be a carb-pro meal (Except PWO / PPWO) or on non-lifting days, it should be cool right? There would be a pro-fat meal (maybe 1-2x) somewhere in the day.

This would also depend on his stats as you asked, plus current maintinence calories too and how much over he will be going over to lean bulk.

If your cutting it should be ok, since you are in calorie deficit... but I'd prolly go for better GI carb source again, brown rice, sweet potato, oatmeal. Anyways, I'll leave it up to y'all for a better answer.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Whole Wheat breads aren't the best source of carbs, but they can be used. Like you said you are tired of oats and so on. The later a far superior carbs but the bread can be used as a change of pace. BTW oats and potato's aren't the only sources of good carbs out there. There's Cream of Wheat, Rice, Black Beans, Pasta, Grits, Yams, the list goes on.....

Phixion is offline New Member
    Not to go of topic here but just wondering if your not a celiac what does gluten do that makes it a negative nutrient to bodybuilding??

Thread Information