kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator

Ultimate Post Workout Drink

Just thought I'd share a little info with you guys. Thanks to John_U from BSS and a little borrowing from Biotest's surge, hehe.

Well the following doesnt' taste too great but I am going to try making a fruit punch flavored version to be mixed with gatorade or something to help it out.

Okay go to proteinfactory.com and customize your own formula, well I just call my order in. Anyway here is how it goes.

33% Dextrose (simple high GI carb to spike insulin )
    33% Maltodextrin (complex high GI carb to keep insulin levels high)
    16% Hydro 520 (Very quickly absorbed whey protein, highest quality whey available (that I know of anyway))
    16% Hydro 360 (Another quickly absorbed protein, this one is hydrolized caseinate)
    2% Glutamine Peptides (Reportedly better than reg glutamine)

I take a 150g serving right after every workout and it gives 48g protein, 3g of glutamine and 99g carbs (roughly on all measurements, they don't take into account ash or fat but they don't have much anyway)

NOT THE BEST TASTING so if you try it don't come bitching saying I didn't warn ya

Improving is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice Kizer.

I am looking forward to using Protein Factory here as soon as my funds become more available (recent bout of unemployment and new job, etc). Your mix actually looks a lot like what I make:

2 scoops ASTs VP2 (hydrolysed whey isolate)
    1 scoop Garorade powder
    3 or 4 tbsp Carbopowder (Maltodextrin from Now foods)

I slurp this down about 15 min after ingesting 10g of L-Glutamine which I take immediately after my workout.

Ive actually seen good progress and recovery when I stick with this for post workout.

I really want to use protein factory to make a good tasting, SLOW digesting, THICK, low carb protein blend (primarily for b4 bed). Any suggestions there? Ive been using Met Rx Protein Plus choc flavor powder which is thick and tastey, but I really want to try something with micellar casein.

Improving

PS - By the way this is Improving from BSS - Last few times I tried to get into BSS, it said I was not alowed in. Any Ideas about this Kizer? Good to see you around here as well.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    BSS is back up now bro.

For the bedtime formula I would probably just go with their formula that they already have. I also made a top notch protein supplement with all their best proteins. I mix one scoop of that and one scoop of opt. nut. in some milk and it is not bad. It is around $10 a pound but for what's in it, I like.

Also the post workout formula from them works out to like $6.50 a pound so it is by far the cheapest way to go that I have found.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Immediately after workout;

8 oz 100% grape juice
    10 grams creatine...............

Then 15-20 minutes after....

2 scoops ( MaxMuscle ) Pro Max

or

1 chicken breast
    2 cups veggies
    1 Yam ( dry ) or with some molley Mcbutter ( hehe)

Good luck

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    similarly I use Opti's Glycoload

2 scoops will give you a 100 gram blend of dextrose, maltodextrin,and fructose plus a load of vitamins and digestive enzymes. This one I really like post workout. It gets my energy back up and I physically feel like my muscles are full, without rebounding or crashing an hour later. I don't use it any other time though.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Mine is not quite as complex. Simply 2 scoops of "Pro Circuit" whey isolate (54g protein) 1 scoop dextrose (45g carbs) and water.
    An hour later 6-8oz chicken breast and 1-2 cups of steamed veggies or 1 can of tuna mixed with pineapple. These are the only carbs I eat after 5:00pm.

P

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Pete235
    An hour later 6-8oz chicken breast and 1-2 cups of steamed veggies or 1 can of tuna mixed with pineapple. These are the only carbs I eat after 5:00pm.

P

Dido on the veggies at night Pete, and I love the pineapple...It just takes me a while to chew through the can.

Thread Information