Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bolin
    but..... dont mix carbs with fat! so you have to ditch the carbs and take some flax seed or natural peanut butter or some almonds..... and onother thing..... I would not have the same meal 6 times.... cause I am sure that after a month you will get sick of it. Why dont you replace the PWO meal with a pro shake?? cause it must be takin exactly after the work out.
    OMG!!! you have finally seen the light in not mixing fat with carbs...hooooooray

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    i usually take it pwo but i took it late at night cause i couldnt get all my carbs in.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Wholegrain pasta, takes 10mins to boil and 5 mins to eat. 100-150 carbs. Much better than dextrose before bed. Yams, Pasta, Wholewheat bread etc.. There are better alternatives.

thanks. is the fat from tuna good as well? say one day I just eat 12 cans of tuna along with my carbs????

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon
    thanks. is the fat from tuna good as well? say one day I just eat 12 cans of tuna along with my carbs????
    No this won't cover the entire EFA spectrum of Omega 3-6-9's.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    cool to se someone else has discovered hemp seed oil Im SO ****ing anoyed I cant get in in this damn country.

If you can get ahold of virgin coconut oil/butter make that as a fatsource in a fat meal each day. Its natures best EFA soruce very high in caprylic acid and I cant even begin to tell you how good caprylic acid is to your general health. Keep the omega 3 at good levels. not to high or low. Going to high is bad but not as bad as going to low.

I would say 5 grams of flax or fish oil/day and the bulk of the rest of the fat as coconut and olive oil(extra virgine) and either whole avacados or avacado oil. Whole avacados in shakes tastes SO good yumyum.

AVOID other vegtable oils like the plauge!! And I dont think I need to mention to never use margarine either, butter is way better. If you need to fry something use either butter or olive oil never anything else!!!

I'm actually Beta testing a product for Avant labs right now that contains, Medium Chain Tryglycerides, Diacyglycerides, Lecithin, SesaThin™, and Vitamin E. Should be a very interesting cooking oil for sure.

what si diaglycerides??

I think the vitamin e would get totaly ruined if cooking with it but seems awsome as a supplement.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    not worried about mercury poisoning huh?

mercury is not realy a issue if consuming enough vitamin c.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    mercury is not realy a issue if consuming enough vitamin c.

Is that true Johan????

yes. vitamin c kind of neutralises and transports away heavy metalls and the ammounts of mercury in tuna isnt THAT bad to begin with.

There are other things that can help the body get rid of heavy metalls but cant remember right now. I think Im getting alzheimers or something
    Abstracts was in a book I returned to the library a few weeks ago so cant remember that either

Not that someone should drink mercury but I dont think there is a need to worry about tuna mercury especialy not if supping with plenty of vit c.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    what si diaglycerides??

I think the vitamin e would get totaly ruined if cooking with it but seems awsome as a supplement.
    DAG Oil, one component of Udo's. Not sure about the vitamin E. But it's a very interesting idea. I'll let you know how it goes, I should recieve a months supply shortly.

Metals, toxicity and oxidative stress.

Valko M, Morris H, Cronin MT.

Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology, Slovak Technical University, SK-812 37 Bratislava, Slovakia. [email protected]

Metal-induced toxicity and carcinogenicity, with an emphasis on the generation and role of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species, is reviewed. Metal-mediated formation of free radicals causes various modifications to DNA bases, enhanced lipid peroxidation, and altered calcium and sulfhydryl homeostasis. Lipid peroxides, formed by the attack of radicals on polyunsaturated fatty acid residues of phospholipids, can further react with redox metals finally producing mutagenic and carcinogenic malondialdehyde, 4-hydroxynonenal and other exocyclic DNA adducts (etheno and/or propano adducts). Whilst iron (Fe), copper (Cu), chromium (Cr), vanadium (V) and cobalt (Co) undergo redox-cycling reactions, for a second group of metals, mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd) and nickel (Ni), the primary route for their toxicity is depletion of glutathione and bonding to sulfhydryl groups of proteins. Arsenic (As) is thought to bind directly to critical thiols, however, other mechanisms, involving formation of hydrogen peroxide under physiological conditions, have been proposed. The unifying factor in determining toxicity and carcinogenicity for all these metals is the generation of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species. Common mechanisms involving the Fenton reaction, generation of the superoxide radical and the hydroxyl radical appear to be involved for iron, copper, chromium, vanadium and cobalt primarily associated with mitochondria, microsomes and peroxisomes. However, a recent discovery that the upper limit of "free pools" of copper is far less than a single atom per cell casts serious doubt on the in vivo role of copper in Fenton-like generation of free radicals. Nitric oxide (NO) seems to be involved in arsenite-induced DNA damage and pyrimidine excision inhibition. Various studies have confirmed that metals activate signalling pathways and the carcinogenic effect of metals has been related to activation of mainly redox-sensitive transcription factors, involving NF-kappaB, AP-1 and p53. Antioxidants (both enzymatic and non-enzymatic) provide protection against deleterious metal-mediated free radical attacks. Vitamin E and melatonin can prevent the majority of metal-mediated (iron, copper, cadmium) damage both in vitro systems and in metal-loaded animals. Toxicity studies involving chromium have shown that the protective effect of vitamin E against lipid peroxidation may be associated rather with the level of non-enzymatic antioxidants than the activity of enzymatic antioxidants. However, a very recent epidemiological study has shown that a daily intake of vitamin E of more than 400 IU increases the risk of death and should be avoided. While previous studies have proposed a deleterious pro-oxidant effect of vitamin C (ascorbate) in the presence of iron (or copper), recent results have shown that even in the presence of redox-active iron (or copper) and hydrogen peroxide, ascorbate acts as an antioxidant that prevents lipid peroxidation and does not promote protein oxidation in humans in vitro. Experimental results have also shown a link between vanadium and oxidative stress in the etiology of diabetes. The impact of zinc (Zn) on the immune system, the ability of zinc to act as an antioxidant in order to reduce oxidative stress and the neuroprotective and neurodegenerative role of zinc (and copper) in the etiology of Alzheimer's disease is also discussed. This review summarizes recent findings in the metal-induced formation of free radicals and the role of oxidative stress in the carcinogenicity and toxicity of metals.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...631&query_hl=4

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    DAG Oil, one component of Udo's. Not sure about the vitamin E. But it's a very interesting idea. I'll let you know how it goes, I should recieve a months supply shortly.
    is it a efa? What does it do? I dont think i have ever heard of it before

sounds good. Im a bit sceptical of both soy and in particular canola(one can easily se a correlation betwen increased vegitable oil(except olive and flax)consumption and increase in cvds, but statistic can lie so I dont know if that means anything).

But if they have managed to get rid of all the trans fats in the process of getting the DAG out of those oils then it should be awsome

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    lol im prepared for the worst....I have so many toppings for the chicken that are low in calories, fat free and no carbs or sugars. I Have about 5 diff. ones ill just rotate. So should I gain lean mass on that diet? and I add 200 calories every 2 weeks? Also when will I know to quit bulking up and its time to cut.
    i was going to suggest that the toppings had sugar.. that's the death to diets..

you would suggest you need more protein/fat meals..

but then it depends on your goals..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    dang./. should have read the whole thread..

Flax is your friend..

learn to love it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

how about bushell bake beans is that OK to eat? and how much vitamin C do i take to keep me clean of mecury? AND is olive oil in tuna good?
    Last edited by jsimon; 09-19-2005 at 04:13 PM.

vitamin c well 5+ grams or so

baked beans are never good. Beans are awsome but not if baked.

hmm I would stay away from tuna in oil. The oil the use is usualy the cheapest shit they can find. Buy tuna in water and add extra virgine oil yourself instead.

its that expensive shit Genova Tuna by chicken by the sea or w/e. That tuna in Oilve Oil. You think thats no good???

I have no clue on the brand but I am spectical. Companies always do whatever they can to cut down cost and using cheaper brands of virgin oil would do that.

Cant say anything for sure. But adding oil on your own also gives you complete control of ammount. How do you estimate the oil ammount in the tuna can?

i guess. Thanks

Hey,

Healthy Choice has a pasta sauce nothing in it no fat nothing...low calories too and the serving size is pretty big. I wouldnt even use it. Is that fine to put down pasta with.

Austex is offline Member
    No offense bro, but @ 185 lbs. and 6'2"...on this diet I wouldn't expect to see you gain 5 pounds of quality muscle. I personally would drop about 100-150 grams of carbs from that diet and instead get those lost calories from healthy fats. PROTEIN AND CARBS (ALONE) WILL NOT HELP YOU GAIN WEIGHT!

alright, well I have had multiple bodybuilders from the sci-fit supp. company (down the street from me) tell me that age my age 600g is fine. So that is why I went with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    No offense bro, but @ 185 lbs. and 6'2"...on this diet I wouldn't expect to see you gain 5 pounds of quality muscle. I personally would drop about 100-150 grams of carbs from that diet and instead get those lost calories from healthy fats. PROTEIN AND CARBS (ALONE) WILL NOT HELP YOU GAIN WEIGHT!

But some how Fat will??? Where the fvck are you getting your info bro?

So 600g is to much carbs?

No dude, eat up! That guy is a buffoon.

thats what I thought. Thanks.

600 carbs is fine. Cut back the sugars. Start with 400 and up it 100carbs every other week until you hit your desired amount. Helps with not feeling so bloated either, just my thoughts.

how about calories, what should I go up to? Im already up to 190LB, I was looking to shoot for 220 for now. When its time to cut, I drop down to what 3500 calories? 300g of Carb 400g of Protien?

You should be looking at 3,100 - 3,300 cals. Obvisouly the more weight you gain the more cals you'll need.

Alright, and how about carb intake?

I personally would go 30% Pro 50% Carb 20% Fat

So thats 3,200 cals

240g Pro
    400g Carb
    71g Fat

alright thanks.

I personally think 3200 calories is too low. Maybe start at this, but you will have to up it to gain weight. Figure out your maintainance calories. Then add or subtract from there.

im up 5LB in 1 week with that current diet....seems to good to be true.

im up 5LB in 1 week with that current diet....seems to good to be true.
    Good for you, Keep at it until your gains stop. Then up the calories slowly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information