Ok bros....

im 185LB, 6'2

Im bulking and here are my numbers

4080 calories
    594 carbs
    310 protien

This is from 7 meals a day...

Meal One:
    1 cup of oats(10g of protien) (300 calories)
    1 protien shake(24g of protien)(120 calories)

420 calories
    54 carbs
    34 Protien

Now the next meal I list I eat 6 times a day.

1 cup of rice
    1 chicken breast
    1 cup of vegtables

400 calories-rice
    210 calories-chicken
    protien-46g

I got these numbers right from the back of the box.....and the package of chicken

How does it look???

thanks
    Last edited by jsimon; 09-15-2005 at 02:48 PM.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Not bad, you outta gain some weight on that. Try slowely adding a couple hundred calories every 2 weeks until you break 4500. Also, I wonder how long it is until you can't stand the sight of chicken.

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    lol im prepared for the worst....I have so many toppings for the chicken that are low in calories, fat free and no carbs or sugars. I Have about 5 diff. ones ill just rotate. So should I gain lean mass on that diet? and I add 200 calories every 2 weeks? Also when will I know to quit bulking up and its time to cut.
    Last edited by jsimon; 09-14-2005 at 10:15 PM.

Looks like a clean diet, I myself gain good quality weight when I eat somewhat similar to what you are planning on doing. Do it and see how you respond. I suggested upping the calories to maximize weight gain. If you feel too bloated then drop them down a bit or up depending on what you can handle. Remember, more good calories in, the bigger you will get in the shortest amount of time. When you have reached your desired weight, stop bulking and start trimming it down. Up the protein and bit and lower the carbs. There is much more to it than this, I am just summarizing. BTW, measure rice before it is cooked as stated on package.

bolin is offline Associate Member
    well i think its a good diet but.... eating the same meal 6 times?? plus you have to include fat in there somewhere.... I would include eggs in meal 1 too IMO

Quote Originally Posted by bolin
    well i think its a good diet but.... eating the same meal 6 times?? plus you have to include fat in there somewhere.... I would include eggs in meal 1 too IMO
    True, get some flax oil. Take it in the morning and before bed.

but..... dont mix carbs with fat! so you have to ditch the carbs and take some flax seed or natural peanut butter or some almonds..... and onother thing..... I would not have the same meal 6 times.... cause I am sure that after a month you will get sick of it. Why dont you replace the PWO meal with a pro shake?? cause it must be takin exactly after the work out.

Why are you against mixing carbs with fat if he is bulking?

Even if one is bulking... it is better to keep them separate IMO and I read it in many posts...... Someone correct me if I am wrong

Even if one is bulking... it is better to keep them separate IMO and I read it in many posts...... Someone correct me if I am wrong
    I'm not saying your wrong, just explain why "you" feel this way, or are you just going off what others say? How do you know fat+carb meals don't work wonders for him? He will never know if he doesn't try it. But please explain on your no carb+fat theory? I'm curious.

Btw, I happen to enjoy PB+J sandwiches, milk, spagetti + meatballs. Remember he is trying to bulk but still eat clean at the same time.
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 09-14-2005 at 11:52 PM.

Well......the difference is minimal.... you can notice it or not......but I belive that if you want to CLEAN BULK its better not to mix the 2. I enjoy many things but I still dont take even on my bulk diet... cause I know that these will be just stored as fat... I am nothing saying that when you bulk up cant have a fat.. but for me the bulk diet consists only of adding more good carbs.
    Bulk diet carbs about 300g or more
    cutting diet: lowering carbs to 50g

thats what I do and it works.... But not all individuals are the same

Good reply, I was just curious on your opinion. 50g of carbs, wow. That is extremely low, some people would say 100-150 is ideal for fat loss being that your brain uses close to 50g/day to function and carbs are needed to metabolize fat.

hehehehe... yeah I know its very low but I do it only for a week with 50g....when doing that I can see all the veins in my mid section... I LOVE IT

Have to try it out, not quite that low but under 100. Have 5 more lbs to go until I start to lean out. I stay at around 10-12% relatively year around but I'd like to see <8% just for the fun of it.

hehehehe... yeah I know its very low but I do it only for a week with 50g....when doing that I can see all the veins in my mid section... I LOVE IT
    **** that, 50 grams a day? For an entire week!!! Sounds like a perfect recipe for catabolism. I'm a week out form my show now, and my carbs are still well over 200 grams/day

well as I said... maybe I am doing the wrong thing... but for me it works.... 200g?!?!? well my friends competes and he does the same as me... but metabolism plays a big part... when I started my bulk diet and began to take 200g carbs, I immediately saw a difference in my midsection. it may be that carbs effect me much more than you

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    I agree 100%.

If I was bulking, I would want to keep the fat gain to a minimun.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    When bulking personally, the only time I purposely mix fat/carbs is when I eat cheat meals. Mixing these two forms of energy does nothing positive for my look.

~SC~

Waiting for you to chime in. So you wouldn't take flax with a carb meal ever? While bulking, is it better to start the day off with carbs to replinish glycogen levels, and end the day with protein fat before bed for absorbtion? Thanks.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I'd say if there was one type of fat the "could" be mixed in with carbs it would be an EFA. Not saying you should go out and down 30g of fat with 50g of carbs, but a low Gi carb and and EFA should not stimulate fat storage.

Thanks for the feedback. Im sure your right about getting sick of it....but for now im gonna drain the hell out of it until I do. I can always throw in some steak or tuna.
    I wanted to use as least amount of protien shakes as possible because i lived on it in the past. So when I quit gaining I up my calorie intake? Also for fat...do I really need it? and how many grams do I need.

Yes you need fat, it should make up at least 20% of you total cals. Your fats should be primarily PUSF, MUSF and EFA's.

Yes you need unsat. fat in your diet, it is essential. Roughly 50-100 grams/day is my recommendation. See how you react to diff. amounts.

Where can I get those types of fats from? Also where do I add it in at.

gio86 is offline Member
    you can get them anywere that sells supplements. a vitamin shop or i even think you can find it in supermarkets usually capsule which are not as great as liquid since you need alot of them to get the same amount you would get from liquid flax for example.

you should add it sometime in the morning and i would say before going to bed.

hey

thats alot of flax seed oil isnt it? 50-100g??? damn

Best fats to get are Fish Oils, Natural Peanut Butter, Hemp Seed Oil, Almonds, Flax Seed Oil.....etc...You want to get enough for your daily Omega 3-6-9 needs. Hemp Seed Oil is becoming my favorite, it has an outstading profile:

http://healthyherbs.about.com/gi/dyn...2Fanalysis.htm

alright thanks alot...yeah im on meal 5 and this totally sucks....im sick of it already

Variety Brotha, variety!

yeah im gonna throw in steaks

Yeah you could also eat some other carbs....You're eating so much rice you might turn Asian

can I eat oats with my meals? Also, when its time to cut what do I drop everything to Like carbs and calories and I know I up my protien.

when i am cutting i lower my carb intake 10 g each day..... till i think its lowered enough.... and obiously up my pro so that i still get full after my meal (dont wanna starve!!!)....

Quote Originally Posted by jsimon
    can I eat oats with my meals? Also, when its time to cut what do I drop everything to Like carbs and calories and I know I up my protien.
    Hell yeah you cane eat, Oats, Pasta, Beans, Rice, Grits, Cream of Wheat, etc.....When it's time to cut you'll need to taper down all macro's not just carbs. You'll need to come up with a plan of attack and then post up your cutting diet.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Bro, I'd give you a week on that diet before you never want to touch chicken and rice again. You gotta switch those meals up a little bit, settin yourself up for failure.

Yeah, thanks for the advice.

Hey can I put sauce on my pasta

Since that you are bulking yeah you can...... I dont take pasta even when bulking....I only take rice.... but yeah you can.... tomato sauce is good

so today I was short 100g of carbs, cause I woke up to late so right now I just had 100g of Dextrose, and it fit in perfect. Somone told me that to much Dextrose can make you a diabetic???? how much truth is there to this. All it is is a carb right?

If you are working out and taking dextrose PWOthis will not make you a diabetic. If you have a predisposed condition in your family then I'd say to nix the Dex, if you are normal and healthy won't be a prob.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information