Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eggs.....

alo5603 is offline Member

eggs.....

How do you guys just cook egg whites? I see everybodies diets consisting of cooked egg whites for breakfast, and was curious exactly how you do it? Dont tell me you buy those liquid egg whites from the store? Those are expensive... or do you just hard boil your eggs and then toss the yoke?

alo

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I grab 10-12 eggs and seperate the whites. I then coat a non-stick pan w/Pam cooking spray and cook them until they are white/fluffy. I then add either hot sauce or something or toss them into my oatmeal.

~SC~

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Like SC said, make them like you would make scrambled eggs, I mix'em with grits & cheese mostly...but hot sauce does rule for eggs...then again hot sauce rules in general.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I grab 10-12 eggs and seperate the whites. I then coat a non-stick pan w/Pam cooking spray and cook them until they are white/fluffy. I then add either hot sauce or something or toss them into my oatmeal.

~SC~
    Damn, I can barely stomach oatmeal with sugar-free syrup and splenda. I can't imagine the eggs in there too, but I might try it one day.

I do 6 whites with 3 whole, scramble em up, fry em and throw in a little fat-free mex cheese and salsa at the very end--DEEEE-LISH!

SHRED is offline Senior Member

~SC~
    Ditto - I usually use cheese andmake a pro/fat meal.

Not a hijack but does anyone know how long you can keep raw egg whites in the fridge for?

I was thinking about possible separating them then keeping them in the fridge for a day or 2.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Damn dude, just Throw 1 whole Yolk in there it makes things so much better.

gotta flavor those bitches!!! I use Texas Petes hot sauce or some salsa occasionally. But right now I ogtta eat em plain as I've ridded all my sodium

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy

Not a hijack but does anyone know how long you can keep raw egg whites in the fridge
    As long as they are kept cold, I would assume they are good just as they would be if they were still "IN" the egg shell. To be safe, I'd limit it to 2-3 days.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    Damn, I can barely stomach oatmeal with sugar-free syrup and splenda.
    Well, being from the south (Louisiana) I use oatmeal with "I can't believe it's not butter" spray and salt. Then when I throw the egg whites in and mix it up, it's really good.

~SC~

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    gotta flavor those bitches!!! I use Texas Petes hot sauce or some salsa occasionally. But right now I ogtta eat em plain as I've ridded all my sodium

God bless you, I love my salt!

Well, being from the south (Louisiana) I use oatmeal with "I can't believe it's not butter" spray and salt. Then when I throw the egg whites in and mix it up, it's really good.

~SC~
    Bro, you must have had people affected. Anything serious? Some friends of mine (vet MD's) just left on Monday with a convoy to treat all the abandoned animals and bring back as many as they can carry to Florida. Hope all is well with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    Bro, you must have had people affected. Anything serious? Some friends of mine (vet MD's) just left on Monday with a convoy to treat all the abandoned animals and bring back as many as they can carry to Florida. Hope all is well with yours.
    My cousin and his wife lost their entire house and everything they had. They lived right next to N.O. Luckily our family is in abundance and everyone is pitching in to help out.

~SC~

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    well now that it is already jacked i might as well...(i hope everyone's fam and friends from down south are doing alright)

i had a Q about the whole egg whites and sodium thing. im trying to cut down for a date and i saw on www.fitday.com that egg whites have TONS of sodium. I had no idea...was eating like 2 doz a day. Someone once told me that when you cook them the sodium is cooked out. But when i looked at the cooked egg whites nutrition facts there was MORE sodium. what's up with that? what is the best protien source when trying to cut water temporarily?

by the way, alo - when im not worried about my sodium content i usually eat 6-9 egg whites with some fat free cheese and hot sauce. its actually pretty good, but its all pers. preference. i even tried them with spray butter and splenda a couple times...but i wouldn't recommend that

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    well now that it is already jacked i might as well...(i hope everyone's fam and friends from down south are doing alright)

i had a Q about the whole egg whites and sodium thing. im trying to cut down for a date and i saw on www.fitday.com that egg whites have TONS of sodium. I had no idea...was eating like 2 doz a day. Someone once told me that when you cook them the sodium is cooked out. But when i looked at the cooked egg whites nutrition facts there was MORE sodium. what's up with that? what is the best protien source when trying to cut water temporarily?

by the way, alo - when im not worried about my sodium content i usually eat 6-9 egg whites with some fat free cheese and hot sauce. its actually pretty good, but its all pers. preference. i even tried them with spray butter and splenda a couple times...but i wouldn't recommend that
    CHICKEN BABY

lamb and turkey too

so...... how do you guys (and girls) extract the yoke from the whites? I have seen an appliance that is supposedly suppose to drain the white from the yolk..... is this what you guys use? Or is their some sort of technique. Man, it was so easier just to eat the damn eggs but now that im cuttin, those extra calories gots to go....

alo

i just use the egg shells. i suck at explaining sh*t. here is a link that has an explanation of how to separate them...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A575750

hope that helps.

hey ironfreak...how do you cook your lamb?

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    so what is so wrong with eating the yolks.i eat yolks and once in awhile ill take some out but i just want to know whats the big deal

[QUOTE=xtinaunasty]i just use the egg shells. i suck at explaining sh*t. here is a link that has an explanation of how to separate them...

hope that helps.

Thanks for the link, youve been most helpful.

alo

brocaster is offline New Member
    Does anyone know how much protein is in one egg. Is it more in egg whites than the yoke? What kind of protein is in eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by brocaster
    Does anyone know how much protein is in one egg. Is it more in egg whites than the yoke? What kind of protein is in eggs?
    3 in white
    3.5 in whole (if i am not mistaken)

i just use the egg shells. i suck at explaining sh*t. here is a link that has an explanation of how to separate them...

hope that helps.

hey ironfreak...how do you cook your lamb?
    hmm I never cooked lamb actually

check this out
    http://www.recipehound.com/Recipes/lamb.html

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    3 in white
    3.5 in whole (if i am not mistaken)
    3 -3.5 in white

6.5-7 in whole

Theatrix is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    gotta flavor those bitches!!! I use Texas Petes hot sauce or some salsa occasionally.

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    i didnt hear anybody say this but if i'm in a hurry i'll just get a bowl and throw my egg whites in the mircrowave. then u dont gotta worry bout cleanin a pan and what not.

starskyrilla is offline New Member
    if not taking steroids , how much protein can one's body accept? im not on anything right now and i keep meals and shakes to about a 50g max. i know on juice protein synthesis is much higher? should i push my protein higher in each meal while not taking anything?

50g is the most your body can absorb at one time (naturally, i dont know anything about steroids ). anything more than that in one meal or shake and you are wasting your money.

50g is the most your body can absorb at one time (naturally, i dont know anything about steroids). anything more than that in one meal or shake and you are wasting your money.
    agreed of course everybody is diff, but a good rule of thumb is no more than 50, but if your juicin, thats diff, then it could be higher. I myself raise it based on how much more protein i need when on, divided evenly across my 6-7 meals.

alo

Booz is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    3 -3.5 in white

6.5-7 in whole

yes thats more like it!

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    3 -3.5 in white

6.5-7 in whole
    Thanks for clarifying....

Quote Originally Posted by brocaster
    Albumin. One of the most bioavailable proteins after whey and comparable to red meat.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend

~SC~
    Swole, why not just buy the egg whites in cartons rather than seperating the yolk from the white in each egg?

16 egg whites are alot cheaper than a dozen eggs down here.

If they are cheaper, go for it yes! It's more cost effective for me to get 5 dozen whole eggs per purchase and I also use yolks in many different meal preparations.

~SC~

I think im just going to stick with hard boiling my eggs and then tossing the yolk. I already love eating those anyway and i have one of those appliances that automatically peels the shell for you, you know the one you guys use to see advertised on tv? It works great.

alo

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    i cant stand the smell of hardboiled eggs...

Ahhh, the smell of simmering ass!

~SC~

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alo5603
    so...... how do you guys (and girls) extract the yoke from the whites? I have seen an appliance that is supposedly suppose to drain the white from the yolk..... is this what you guys use? Or is their some sort of technique. Man, it was so easier just to eat the damn eggs but now that im cuttin, those extra calories gots to go....

alo
    A 50-100 cc syringe with a turkey basting needle works wonders. Crack open and drop in about 5 eggs in a bowl and use the syringe to draw the egg whites up. VERY MINIMAL (IF ANY) LOSS OF EGG WHITE WITH THIS METHOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    A 50-100 cc syringe with a turkey basting needle works wonders. Crack open and drop in about 5 eggs in a bowl and use the syringe to draw the egg whites up. VERY MINIMAL (IF ANY) LOSS OF EGG WHITE WITH THIS METHOD.
    seriousely??!!??!! wow. thats hardcore.

no kidden, never thought to do that, but lol Swole, i know the smell is bad but hey, so is tuna and i eat tons of that too. Just plug your nose and dive in (sounds like somethin else doesnt it lol).

alo

decadbal is offline Banned
    i either boil them, and drop the yolk, or ill seperate them then just drink em

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information