askingforit is offline Junior Member

diet for my g/f, help please

Right now she eats like one meal a day if that, and she isn't losing weight as far as I know. Would it be better for her to start eating more? Low carb diet? I don't think she could do more than three meals a day. I feel stupid asking about this but my diet is fine, I just don't know how to set a weight loss diet for her, can someone help?
    I don't even know her weight but she says she needs to lose about 30-40 lbs (over time of course). She is gonna start training with me this sunday. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    If she doesn't start eating, (~5-6 smaller meals a day) she will never make any progress..if she's not eating anything, her body is contiually in starvation mode and it is holding on to every piece of fat it can..i.e. her body won't let itself give up what it needs to live if it's not getting anything back to live on

The same principles apply to women as men...you just have to tweak the total numbers a little bit

It's good that she's going to start training with you, that was my next piece of advice
    What happens here, stays here

jersey juice is offline Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by primodonna
    [B]If she doesn't start eating, (~5-6 smaller meals a day) she will never make any progress..if she's not eating anything, her body is contiually in starvation mode and it is holding on to every piece of fat it can..i.e. her body won't let itself give up what it needs to live if it's not getting anything back to live on]

I was just gonna say the same thing! Why doesn't she eat in reverse...lemme explain, for example I'll eat pasta in the morning, bagels whatever with a protein shake and as the day goes on I taper out the carbs (none after 2pm except for 10-20 mins after training to replace glucose) and eat protein the rest of the day. YOU WILL NOT LOSE WEIGHT EATING 1 MEAL A DAY!!! Impossible...won't happen, you will do the EXACT OPPOSITE of your goal. The body holds what it doesn't get enough of, you drink a gallon or 2 of water ed so you don't hold water, you eat fats so you don't hold fats ect, it's so simple that it's complex. Eat clean, have nice cuts of lean meats, poultry, fish whatever, but she is making her metabolism slower by doing this. Cardio is great, but is only a small piece of the weight loss puzzle. My gf was doing the same thing until she started eating everytime I did, she lost 20lbs since Jan and looks GREAT!!! Success breeds success!

Thread Information