EdMan2 is offline Associate Member

Please critique my cutting diet/routine

I am about 5'10" and started at 185 lbs and probably 20% Bodyfat or more. After two weeks I was down to 182.4 and was happy with my progress. Then I added dedicated cardio in the mornings for 30 minutes this for 5 days/week and today after 3 weeks I actually weighed more at 183.7 lbs. So now I'm thinking that maybe I'm doing something wrong, can you guys please help? Sorry if this thread turns out long but I'm going to make it pretty detailed so as to not leave anything out.

Cardio: 5 days a week for 30 minutes on the elliptical in the morning on an empty stomach.

Weights: 3 days a M/W/F Chest,tris,traps/Back (includes Deads),Bis/Legs,Abs,Shoulders. I basically do 2 exercises for each body part at 3 sets with reps of 10/8/6.

Diet:
    Meal 1: 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, oatmeal, milk, 2 caps fish oil (440cal 35/46/9 p/c/f)

Meal 2: 2 whole wheat bread, 4 slices turkey, 2 slices nonfat cheese, string cheese (460 cal 45/43/10)

Meal 3: 4oz ground turkey, 2 nonfat cheese, string cheese, whole wheat oatmeal bar, v8 juice, 2 caps fish oil (520 cal 45/40/19)

Meal 4: Chicken breast, Oatmeal bar, Broccoli, 2 caps fish oil (390 cal 49/31/7)

Meal 5: Tuna, Protein shake, Milk (480 cal 92/16/2)

Totals: 2290 Calories 266g Protein/ 179g Carbs/ 49g Fat. This breaks down to about 46% protein/ 32% Carbs/ 20% Fat

I also take a multi vitamin and this last week started taking sesathin along with the fish oil caps 3 times a day. I also drink about 1.5 gallons of water a day.

I haven't lifted weights in about 9 months due to various reasons, so my first thought was that maybe I am gaining back some muscle really quickly, but I doubt that's the real reason since I'm not really noticing strength gains. So what do you guys think, does my diet and routine look sound? Does my calorie count look okay for losing 1-1.5 pounds a week?

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Your diet needs some work....

Check out the cutting the "how to cut" sticky at the top of the page.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    A little work but thats not that bad of a diet. Some may say to sperate your carbs from your fats but you don't appear to eat too much fat with carbs, doesn't look that bad.

Thread Information