digerati is offline Junior Member

afternoon pro/fat meal

Would 2 scoops egg protein and some almonds make for an ok afternoon protein / fat meal?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Sure would.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Yup!

thanks, I put it in the freezer for a lil while, I was gonna make it slushy.

Quote Originally Posted by digerati
    thanks, I put it in the freezer for a lil while, I was gonna make it slushy.
    Hey now....thats something different.

Let us know how it comes out.

That actually sounds pretty damn nasty.

I mix it with water so it may not be the greatest. If you do it with milk I dont see why it cant sorta turn to ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by digerati
    I mix it with water so it may not be the greatest. If you do it with milk I dont see why it cant sorta turn to ice cream.
    Maybe if bulking but I do not consume milk at all whether bulking or cutting, too much processed sugars in it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    Maybe if bulking but I do not consume milk at all whether bulking or cutting, too much processed sugars in it IMO.
    What do you mean by processed sugars?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I believe he just meant sugars (lactose)

~SC~

Not sure why one needs to avoid lactose when cutting unless it bloats you.

lactose makes some people shit their guts out...
    I couldnt wait on it to get slushy, I drank it really cold. I imagine with a touch of milk you can get a nice ice cream feel to it.

Now I have gas that will make a billy goat puke, and I have a date in 10 mins.

Yeah obviously if you are lactose intolerant take digestive enzymes or don't drink milk. If you're not though, its all good.

My bad yes, I meant sugars.

All carbs are sugars and milk is very very low on the GI scale meaning a gradual rise in Blood glucose, making it a great carb choice with a great Amino Profile to boot.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    All carbs are sugars and milk is very very low on the GI scale meaning a gradual rise in Blood glucose, making it a great carb choice with a great Amino Profile to boot.
    all carbs are sugars? then why do people say to buy old fashioned oatmeal instead of packet flavored oatmeal because of all the sugar in it? not sure if you are right about it but i dunno.

making it a great carb choice with a great Amino Profile to boot.
    I'd take a lean cut of beef anyday over that for aminos, or a whey protein that is fat/carb free. For carbs, I'd choose oats/yams/rice/etc., over milk anyday as well.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    all carbs are sugars? then why do people say to buy old fashioned oatmeal instead of packet flavored oatmeal because of all the sugar in it? not sure if you are right about it but i dunno.

Those are added sugars like surcose and such. Hi GI sugars. What do you think a carb in broken down into after digestion........Glucose. What is glucose, a sugar. So what does a carb equal, a sugar. Dude this is very basic stuff right here. I suggest you take the time to read some nutrition books before staing something like that. As of right now we know that carb are judged on a few factors (Fiber GI, II etc...) However when its comes to managing ones weight one of the most important is Blood Sugar. So we choose Low-GI carbs which allow a slow and steady rise in blood sugar. Milk which contains lactose is just about a low on the GI scale as it gets. Far lower then Oatmeal, rice, Cream of Wheat etc....It obviously doesn't have fiber content of some carbs. But it is calcium rich and contains 9g of protein per 8oz. Of that 9g of protein 80% is casein and 20% Whey. Best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'd take a lean cut of beef anyday over that for aminos, or a whey protein that is fat/carb free. For carbs, I'd choose oats/yams/rice/etc., over milk anyday as well.

~SC~

Just curious as to why you'd choose oats/yams/rice over milk? Is it because of the additional fiber content of say oats?

I don't drink mile because I believe that even consumed alone, it may promote fat storage due to the mixing of sugars "carbs" and fat, if we are speaking of whole milk that is.

And to add it to something like a pro shake with almonds, well, dont you think that it would increase the possiblity of fat storage while taking in all that sugar "carbs", with fat?

Maybe its just my body, but when I cut, I get results faster while cutting milk totally out of my diet.....JMHO.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    "milk is for babies"
    now who once said that???

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    CARB COUNTDOWN..........answer to all.....

Just curious as to why you'd choose oats/yams/rice over milk? Is it because of the additional fiber content of say oats?
    No, it's because they are natural foods and don't contain much sugar at all. They are also SOLID foods and better/cleaner carb choices. Surely you knew that!

~SC~

No, it's because they are natural foods and don't contain much sugar at all. They are also SOLID foods and better/cleaner carb choices. Surely you knew that!

~SC~

Well oats that have say 23g of carbs per serving, are all converted to glucose upong digestion so they are sugars just labeled differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    I don't drink mile because I believe that even consumed alone, it may promote fat storage due to the mixing of sugars "carbs" and fat, if we are speaking of whole milk that is.

And to add it to something like a pro shake with almonds, well, dont you think that it would increase the possiblity of fat storage while taking in all that sugar "carbs", with fat?

Maybe its just my body, but when I cut, I get results faster while cutting milk totally out of my diet.....JMHO.
    I agree bro! But skim milk can make one damn good pro/carb meal.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Well oats that have say 23g of carbs per serving, are all converted to glucose upong digestion so they are sugars just labeled differently.
    The point you are missing: and you know well enough, is the time frame.

To compare the digestion/absorption of lactose (a Disaccharide) to that of Starch (a Polysaccharide) is like comparing cocoa to chocolate.

Yes the base is the same...but the process of reaching said base is different.

Digestion of Lactose very slow....Hence the reason it is a very Low-GI carb. This is primarily due to the fact that the body has a hard time breaking down lactose. If it was faster digeting the it surely would have more impact on blood sugar than say Oats. But comapre the GI scores of Oats (65-70) to Skim Milk (32-44) and now tell me which one is broken down faster?

Yes, but carb types are VERY different and react w/the body in different manners.

~SC~!

One more thing.............this is key!!!

I know my body, very well, and if I do this:

1) oats and lean chicken breast for carb/pro = I can look great.

2) milk for carb/pro = I'll look flat, I'm hungry as hell, thick skinned, etc.

So, I know what I'd choose, but that's JUST ME!!!!!!

~SC~

One more thing.............this is key!!!

I know my body, very well, and if I do this:

1) oats and lean chicken breast for carb/pro = I can look great.

2) milk for carb/pro = I'll look flat, I'm hungry as hell, thick skinned, etc.

So, I know what I'd choose, but that's JUST ME!!!!!!

~SC~
    Swole. No question there buddy. I'm just saying that one could use skim milk if these problems aren't present. I love skim with oats in the morning and skim with my pre workout. Granted I never make skim a pro/carb meal i use it within a pro/carb meal. Like eveyone always says, just do what works for YOU.

Those are added sugars like surcose and such. Hi GI sugars. What do you think a carb in broken down into after digestion........Glucose. What is glucose, a sugar. So what does a carb equal, a sugar. Dude this is very basic stuff right here. I suggest you take the time to read some nutrition books before staing something like that. As of right now we know that carb are judged on a few factors (Fiber GI, II etc...) However when its comes to managing ones weight one of the most important is Blood Sugar. So we choose Low-GI carbs which allow a slow and steady rise in blood sugar. Milk which contains lactose is just about a low on the GI scale as it gets. Far lower then Oatmeal, rice, Cream of Wheat etc....It obviously doesn't have fiber content of some carbs. But it is calcium rich and contains 9g of protein per 8oz. Of that 9g of protein 80% is casein and 20% Whey. Best of both worlds.
    I wasnt arguing the glycemic index or that carbs break down into glucose so i dont know why you started talking about proteins and 8oz. of milk and fiber and all this stuff (where did all that come from mayne?) i just thought you were trying to say that all carbs are broken down into bad sugars... just a simple misunderstanding...yikes...and from what i have read, i understand that milk does contain unecessary sugars and i certainly wouldnt wanna use milk as a source for getting in a pro/carb meal because it does make you look bloated and all that bad stuff....by the way although i am arguing with you on the subject i certainly dont mean to offend you or seem like im trying to be a jerk or that i know it all, because i certainly dont. gimme some feedback mayne...and second of all i thought this was a thread about a pro/fat meal with eggs and almonds so why are we talkin about milk? LOLz. and yes i do agree that eggs and almonds are a good pro/fat meal and i eat it everday. later.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    I wasnt arguing the glycemic index or that carbs break down into glucose so i dont know why you started talking about proteins and 8oz. of milk and fiber and all this stuff (where did all that come from mayne?) i just thought you were trying to say that all carbs are broken down into bad sugars... just a simple misunderstanding...yikes...and from what i have read, i understand that milk does contain unecessary sugars and i certainly wouldnt wanna use milk as a source for getting in a pro/carb meal because it does make you look bloated and all that bad stuff....by the way although i am arguing with you on the subject i certainly dont mean to offend you or seem like im trying to be a jerk or that i know it all, because i certainly dont. gimme some feedback mayne...and second of all i thought this was a thread about a pro/fat meal with eggs and almonds so why are we talkin about milk? LOLz. and yes i do agree that eggs and almonds are a good pro/fat meal and i eat it everday. later.
    Ok I hear you. But you were not understanding that carbs are all sugars. Thats just the wat it is. So milk has sugar, big deal. So does any carb. Its only unessisary sugars if you don't need to carbs. Stop thinking that because it says Sugar on the milk carton that its table sugar. Its not, its lactose. A very hard sugar to digest, which means its comprabable to any other slow digesting carb source. We're all good though, and yes this thread was once about Eggs and Almonds, LOL

We're all good though, and yes this thread was once about Eggs and Almonds, LOL
    hahahah yep the subject sure got changed. it seems to happen to a lot of threads around here.

oh one more question...i just had the eggs/almond meal cept my dumbass forgot i ran outta almonds and had some pecans instead...they are obv not gonna be as healthy as almonds but is this an okay replacement?

I started this thread and it was about egg protein POWDER in WATER with 1 0z Almonds on the side.

Boy you guys got sidetracked.

well then to get back on the subject, f u c k the powder and eat the real damn thing... my meal looks like this...7 egg whites, 3 whole eggs, 3/8 cup of almonds...now do it man. oh and this meal fills you up quick like you wanna puke but it doesnt last longer than 45 minutes so be sure to drink lots and lots of fluids to keep you full til next meal

Ok but this was an afternoon snack AT WORK. 1 scoop is equal to 7 egg whites, I had 2.

Thread Information