MoneyAddyct is offline Member

Eating 8 Meals, but Starting in Afternoon?

I pretty much eat every 2 hours from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep. However, on the weekdays I usually wake up around noon and on the weekends, sometimes between 2-4. Even though I eat around 8 meals, does not eating my first meal until noon or sometimes 2-4 hinder any potential gains, etc?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    This depends on what time you go to bed and how long you sleep.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    I do this too. Sometimes I wake up at 4 starving and wonder if that is hindering any growth.

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    This depends on what time you go to bed and how long you sleep.

~SC~

On a Friday, let's say, I might wake up at noon, eat every 2-2.5 hours, go sleep around 5am, and wake up around 3pm on Saturday.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyAddyct
    On a Friday, let's say, I might wake up at noon, eat every 2-2.5 hours, go sleep around 5am, and wake up around 3pm on Saturday.
    ditto what SC said.

What you outlined above is imply you readjusting your internal clock.

Going asleep at 5a.m. and waking at 3 pm...3 pm becomes your 'morning'... so no, eating your first meal at this time shouldn't affect your bodybuilding progress.

Screwing with your internal clock could slow your progress over the long term though...as you return to a 'normal' day/night routine during the week. Meaning at least twice per week your body is up for an extended period when it should be sleeping.

I should know...My schedule (school/work/competitive bodybuilding) forces me to live a 'normal' day/night regime (school)...doubled with long shifts on weekends (At night). My sleeping/eating schedule is similar to what you illustrated above. It was ok intially...but after some years of it being like this i find that my recovery is down etc.

~Nark

Thread Information