Thread: Help Please.

scm007 is offline Associate Member

Thumbs down Help Please.

OK here is the situation. I have been lifting off and on for about 2 years, but hard the last 5 months. Once I started lifting I saw some good gains for the first 2 weeks, then NOTHING. Absolutely nothing, sure I've gotten a little bigger, by my strength has gone up practically ZERO. I've naturally been skinny, so I went on an intense eating regime, and I gained weight. But I got fatter and my strength didn't go up at all. I look bigger, but it is disappointing not to be able to lift more weight. I use protein powders, have used weight gain powders, creatine, etc. nothing. I am lifting hard also, 6 reps, almost to failure.

Here is my lifting schedule and eating plan.

Monday
    3x6 Flat Bench
    3x6 Incline Bench
    3x6 Decline Bench
    3x6 Flyes

3x6 Weighted pullups
    3x6 Latpulls
    3x6 Barbell Rows
    3x6 Seated Cable Row

Tuesday
    3x6 Military Press
    3x6 Lateral Raises
    3x6 Seated Bent over dumbell laterals
    3x6 Shoulder Shrugs

3x6 Hammer Curls
    3x6 Barbell Curls
    3x6 Preacher Curls

3x6 Closegrip Bench
    3x6 Tricep pull down
    3x6 Skullcrusher

Wednesday
    3x6 Squats
    3x6 Leg Press
    3x6 Weighted Lunges
    3x6 Leg Extensions

3x6 Seated Calf raises
    3x6 Standing calf raises

Thursday
    Rest

Friday
    Same as Monday

Saturday
    Same as Tuesday

Sunday
    Rest

Also, I have tried not lifting the same muscle groups twice a week, and still nothing. This has seen the best results for size, but still NO strength gains.

HELP ME PLEASE. I'm tired of working my ass off every day in the gym and never being able to put up more weight.

I think it maybe, just maybe might be my eating. Sometimes I forget to eat for like 6 hours, but for a while I was very diligent and no strength gains. Anyway, here is what my schedule used to look like. Oh, and I drink TONS of water, and don't do too much cardio, plus I gain weight.

8:00
    1.5 cups of oatmeal, uncooked with milk
    A banana
    2 scoops of protein powder, approx. 50g protein.

10:00
    1 protein bar (30g protein)
    1 apple

11:30
    A can of tuna
    4 pieces of bread. (sandwiches)

1:30
    2 Naturevalley bars
    1 apple

4:00
    2 scoops of protein powder

Lifting

6:30
    Chicken
    Potatoes
    Vegetables

8:00
    2 scoops of weight gainer, approx 1400 calories

Sleep around 11:00.

Should I start taking creatine again? Or testorone booster, NO2, etc. I don't really want to take steroids , and I will NOT inject myself with anything. Help me please.

A moderator said that I was under-eating. How can that be, I'm gaining weight!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I saw you posted this is the STEROID forum and I commented there and closed that thread, as that is not the correct forum. Check out this forum and the workout forum as I stated for assistance.

~SC~

What is wrong with this thread. I'm just looking for help. I've read the threads, but nothing pertaining to my problem.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    1: IMO you're doing too much in the gym...and training said muscle groups too regularly under the above-mentioned amount of volume

2: Your nutrient timing is off. i.e. you're not making best use of specific times when certain macronutrients are best assimilated... e.g. your post-training meal

3: You've at least two incomplete 'meals' listed (i.e. the 'meals' listed at 1:30 and 4 p.m.)

4: You ingest a relatively fast digesting meal at 8 pm...and then you're up for 3 more hours (as you go to bed at 11) without eating...following this with an 8-hour fast(sleep)... that's 11 consecutive hours of virtual starvation

5: Creatine/NO2/Natural test boosters can help you get stronger... but it aren't a magic pill. There're no quick fixes. Your diet/training needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by scm007
    What is wrong with this thread. I'm just looking for help. I've read the threads, but nothing pertaining to my problem.
    Nothing's wrong with the thread in this forum... but the one you posted in the steroid forum was locked for this simple reason... it was a diet/training thread posted in a steroid question forum. The point of having different forums is negated when users take it upon themselves to post whatever where ever.

time2grow is offline New Member
    varying your workout patterns every month an maybe taking more time to rest. i lift 3-4 times a week an notice good strenth gains. but you will get to a point where you will not get any more strenth gains without using steriods

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Nothing's wrong with the thread in this forum... but the one you posted in the steroid forum was locked for this simple reason... it was a diet/training thread posted in a steroid question forum. The point of having different forums is negated when users take it upon themselves to post whatever where ever.
    Thanks homie for explaining the OBVIOUS.

~SC~

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    you're overtraining, and your eating culd be tighter.

First. take 2 weeks off. Your overtrained and need to recuperate before resuming a regimen.

As far as your food, i would change tha last meal to eggs and cottoage cheese, and that 1:30 meal with the nature bars. NO PROTIEN. You need protein every 2-3 hrs.

I wouldnt consume more than what you.ve been consuming. If your gettin fat too fast then that is too much food. Lose that weohght gainers shit. itll make you fat. thats it.

As far as your lifting, resume with working each body part ONCE per week, with 1 or 2 excerises per bodypart.In fact mosst of the time one. Keep your reps 6-8.Go to failure on all WORKING sets. So do 2 warm ups. one light, for pump 7-10 reps, One heavy 3-4 reps, and then your working set. 6 excerises per workout, max.Have 2 days between workouts.

Example 1:

monday: chest+back.
    Flat bench or incline bench. 3-6 reps
    flyes, 5-8 reps
    lat pulldowns 5-8 reps
    pullovers 5-8reps
    Deadlifts 4-6 reps

Tuesday: off

Wednesday: Guns 'n caps
    Shoulder press 5-8reps
    Shrugs. 5-8 reps
    laterall raises 5-8
    Bent over lateral raises, 8-10 reps(go a little lighter on these)
    Skullcrushers, 5-8
    Close grip EZ curl bar bicep curls, 5-8

thursday;off

Friday: legs
    squats,5-8
    leg ext, 8-10( go a littl lighter on these)
    leg curls 6-8
    calf raises 8-15(these too)
    Weighted crunches, 10 reps

sat:, eat, jerk off

sun:, eat, church, jerko off

example 2:
    same as 1, but switch the wedsday and friday workout. I find that works better for me. so in otherwords, legs would be wendesday and shoulders and arms on friday. Or you may want shoulder and arms monday and, chest and back firday. Whichever. find which one overtrains you the least.
    Take a week or 2 off every 10 weeks to stave off overtaining. And dont feel guilty about it. You'll probly come back stronger.

Are you doing cardio? if so, what kind, how much, and how often?

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    oh one more thing. i forgot. very important thopugh.

Dont just wait for your reps to magically go up by themselves. Granted, alot of the time they will, but dont be afraid to add weight. Just throw it on there. When i first started out i didn make progress for months after the initial 2 months, cuz i waited and waited for my reps p go up before adding weight. Thata cuz my trainers told me to "get two extra reps for two consecualtive workouts with good form before moving up,balh, blah, blah"
    well thats all fine and dandy for the beginner who needs to learn technique and gain nueromuscular control but after a while it hinders you. When i started training with a power lifter we threw new weight on EACH WORKOUT. Thats the key, constantly test yourself. Dont wait for reps to go up. They might never! But it doesnt matter. So each time you go to the gym, you either go up in wieigth or reps. Lets say you did like ex curls for like 6 reps with 50 lbs one week. So you go in next week and do 50lbs but you still get 6. Well at this point, you say **** it, and the next workout you do 55. Most likely, you'll still get 6! Upping the weight in small increments regularly is key. Sometimes i dont wait at all to go up in reps, i just say "Last week i did 70lbs for 6, lets see if i can get 75 for 5 or 6." And if i only got 3 or 4, so what? Next tiem 'd probly get 5 or 6. Gotta keep pushin it bro.
    Im not saying add crazy ass poundages. and dont use bad form. But lack of progress from one wee to the next is unacceptable.this made a huge difference in my training and my phsyque.
    Last edited by AnabolicBoy1981; 09-18-2005 at 10:19 AM.

THanks a bunch anabolic .

Also, can I substitute anything for deadlifts? For some reason my gym has a no deadlifting thing. Thanks.

Change gyms! Omitting such a benefical exercise that encourages TOTAL BODY growth is not something I'd do.

What kind of gym is this? The YMCA? Curves?

~SC~

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Also, can I substitute anything for deadlifts? For some reason my gym has a no deadlifting thing. Thanks.

grab a barbell put some plates on it, and theres ur deadlift and how long did it take you to write that first post damn listing ur entier workout and diet plan??

A long time. I was hoping for more help with my diet.

A long time. I was hoping for more help with my diet.
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...71&postcount=4

comments 2;3; and 4

No I know, I read that, and thank you, but you just gave me general advice, I'd like specifics so that I can get started, if you don't mind. Did you read my posted diet and workout plans? Would you mind fixing them for me, being 184, 6'0, lean? And I'm looking for a big clean bulk. Thanks.
    Last edited by scm007; 09-20-2005 at 12:52 AM.

SoulCard is offline Associate Member
    I think the reason you are having trouble gettin your question answered is because there is no magic forumla...there are lots of opinions (some are better than others) and there is research that points to what has worked for the majority of people...my advice...learn as much as you can and design something that works for you based on these sources and information here...

but you just gave me general advice, I'd like specifics so that I can get started
    Right, general advice so YOU can figure out your approach, numbers, etc.

If you want specifics, well, I doubt anyone is going to MAKE a plan for you, but you could always hire a nutritionist/trainer to do the work for you.

~SC~

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Change gyms! Omitting such a benefical exercise that encourages TOTAL BODY growth is not something I'd do.

What kind of gym is this? The YMCA? Curves?

~SC~
    LMAO. Thats so dam funny dude. I have got them very establishments on my doorstep but somehow I manage to drag my ass the xtra few mile to a decent one.

CURVES....YMCA....LOL...

No I don't go to the YMCA or curves lol. It's just a fitness club, but they have a lot of older members lol.

Thread Information