MoneyAddyct is offline Member

When I Can't Eat...Screwing Up My Diet?

I have a pretty good diet going right now and seem to be gaining, but I have a few concerns. I'm currently in college and MWF I have classes from 1:55-4 (and usually get home around 4:45) and TuThu from 3-5 (and usually get home at 5:45.) with no breaks. I either wake up around noon or around 1:30 and eat my first meal then. Then I eat again when I get home from classes. Usually that means about a 3-5 hour gap between first meal and second meal. Then once I get home, I eat every 2 hours until I go to sleep (usually around 1-3). Right now, like I said, I'm gaining, but will this prolonged schedule of not being able to eat for 3-5 hours even though I can eat every two hours after that hinder my bulking goals? Thanks.

No one knows?

Jakspro is offline Member
    get some slow digesting protiens before you go... or if you have a break between two classes, like a 5 min one, then throw a shaker bottle in your bag and shake up a shake and down a handfull of nuts... but eat a solid meal for breakfast Pro/Carb

What constitutes slow-digesting proteins? I don't have a break in-between classes (it's the same class for two periods) so a shake isn't an option right now. Maybe I could sneak in a protein bar? I'll have to see. Usually for breakfast I eat 4-5 egg whites, 2 pieces of toast, and 1-2 cups oatmeal, depending on how much time I have.

Jakspro is offline Member
    i have the same problems for my labs, but im gonna be a tricky basterd and sneak out to the bathroom and shake one up... as for protein bars, you'll hear it over and over on the board, thier just plain sh*ty sources of carbs and protien... but if your bulking you can get away with it... oh and just my suggestion, up the egg whites or throw in like a scoop of whey and loose the toast

if your class is a big lecture see if you can sit in the back and pull the sneaky move... if not, there are solutions, be creative

...thanks for the insight. I'll give a little stealth operation a try. Also, when you say "throw in a scoop of whey"--what exactly do you mean? Do you mean make a little shake or throw it in with my oats and milk type thing or mix it up with my eggs? That might be a strange question, but I haven't looked at whey in quite that way.

bolin is offline Associate Member
    your can throw just the powder in your mouth and eat it bro... (Though I dont suggest it!!!!!!) It doesn't matter if you take it with oats, eggs or shake..... JUST TAKE IT!!!!
    I take it as a shake after my 5 eggs and oats...... I it gets me through 2 and a half hours..... then its feeding time again GRRR!!!!!!!

As for school lecture..... MAN just take a shake with you and go to the toilet... it takes me 3 min to shake, take and clean!!!! It is very important to get protein every 3 hours..... NO EXCUSES

Ok Ok...I get it. :-)

When I made breakfast today, I put my oatmeal in a bowl, added a healthy scoop of protein powder, some milk, and nuked it for 2 minutes. What I pulled out of the microwave was a calcified pancake of protein floating a top some oatmeal. This pancake wouldn't break up regardless of my efforts and was just as vile to look at as it was to try to eat. Am I missing something here? Do I add the protein powder maybe after microwaving it? Or am I just a big pussy?

So add the whey protein powder after I microwave or what?

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyAddyct
    When I made breakfast today, I put my oatmeal in a bowl, added a healthy scoop of protein powder, some milk, and nuked it for 2 minutes. What I pulled out of the microwave was a calcified pancake of protein floating a top some oatmeal. This pancake wouldn't break up regardless of my efforts and was just as vile to look at as it was to try to eat. Am I missing something here? Do I add the protein powder maybe after microwaving it? Or am I just a big pussy?
    Use more water/milk, and nike it or less time, and mix b4 you put it in

Dark Spivey is offline New Member
    I've had that same problem. I couldnt take it any longer. One day I just brought a couple of grilled chicken breasts. I sat in the back of the class and just went to work on them. Professor didnt say nothin. They were kind of cold, but I had to do it.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    You would think in this day and age that if us guys wanna keep our health in check then it would be fine to make up a shake even in a class.
    All the government blab on about is healthy eating yet, if you get caught in class with it the sh1t hits the fan. I mean whats the problem if we dont wanna look as bad as our tutors ?

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    shake take clean. such a good strategy for us college people! dont forget the cleaning part, ive never smelt something so bad after i didnt clean my protein shaker/drinking cup... i mean it smelt HORRIBLE.

Thread Information