xplicit is offline Member

Hey mom is going to go food shopping tomm give me some ideas of goodies to get :-)

Same as topic
    i usually ask for a ton of chicken and tuna but what else is good to ask for ? In terms of healty i dotn want to see gobbers kit kats ..etc lol

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    orange roughy
    egg whites
    yams
    brown rice
    lean steak
    extra lean gound beef, turkey, chicken

just to name a few

orange roughy whats that
    and ur all over today aitn ya lol

hahaha..sure i am..you can run but you can not hide.

orange roughy is a type of fish...it is very high in protein and very very low in fat and carbs...can't go wrong with this one expecially since you want to cut it up.

Originally posted by Shredz
    hahaha..sure i am..you can run but you can not hide.

orange roughy is a type of fish...it is very high in protein and very very low in fat and carbs...can't go wrong with this one expecially since you want to cut it up.
    I never tired that before ill give it a go. Is it expensive i feel bad if i give my mom a list of expesnive stuff lol

are u follwoing me shredz aranoid: onder:

I messed up the freakin faces they were good i wanted to use the parnoid one dammit lol

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Orange Roughy kicks ass, by the way. Good tasting fish on top of the nutrituional stuff. Ground turkey meat is also great stuff. Much lower in fat than beef, and the nutritional numbers are awesome.

Feed you mom a bone bro and give her some coin...

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Hey mom is going to go food shopping tomm give me some ideas of goodies to get :-)

And if you're a really, really good boy, Mom may buy you a pack of Pez in one of those nifty little cartoon character dispensers.

(Please, don't anyone ask what Pez is - you'll make me feel old.)

Xplicit: Orange roughy is one of the leanest types of fish around (as opposed to salmon or trout, which are very high in fat). It comes from Australia, is named for its brightly colored orange skin, which is removed during the trimming process. It comes out as a boneless fillet. It's thawed once it hits the fish case, but most supermarkets have it frozen in the back (it comes into them frozen).

Compared to other fish, orange roughy does not have much taste (it is classified as a mild fish), but you can do wonders with it when it's spiced right. It also makes a great oven-fried fish, so if you're trying to avoid high-fats things like deep-fried flounder, oven-fried roughy is the ideal solution.*

* Okay, since you asked . . . Take a little butter, margerine, or olive oil and dump into it a little of: onion powder, garlic powder, ginger, and basil. Using a basting brush, brush the spice mixture thinly on the fish, then dip the fillets in 4C unsalted bread crumbs. Bake it at 475 degrees for 15 minutes or, if you don't want the topping as crispy, 400 degrees for 20 minutes. The spice mixture and bread crumbs will give you minimal carbs and fat, and this version is largely sodium free.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    God i wish i could say mom get me some groc.

Can't go wrong with fish, sole haddock fillets, tuna, lean steak, ground sirloan is very good and lean, lots of eggs, i try my best to get 12 or more into me every day. buy whole turkey cook and then strip meat off, i usually get two days out of a 20lber..

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    There are local guys that raise tolopia here in florida...best tasting fresh water fish in my opinion. I'll try and find some nutritional info on it. I eat it all the time though

David B. is offline Member

Re: Re: Hey mom is going to go food shopping tomm give me some ideas of goodies to get :-)

Originally posted by TNT
    And if you're a really, really good boy, Mom may buy you a pack of Pez in one of those nifty little cartoon character dispensers.

(Please, don't anyone ask what Pez is - you'll make me feel old
    Is it true they don't make Devil-Head Pez dispensers anymore?

--dnb

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    How do you guys prepare your orange roughy?

How is the cold cut turkey like boars head.

Ill make note of the orange roughy, i always get my tuna, chicken,some real turkey, eggs are a given.

What about nuts and berries things of that nature, i need mroe vegetables in my diet
    Any other ideas ?

jbrand is offline Member

Re: Re: Hey mom is going to go food shopping tomm give me some ideas of goodies to get :-)

Originally posted by TNT

(Please, don't anyone ask what Pez is - you'll make me feel old.)

Xplicit: Orange roughy is one of the leanest types of fish around (as opposed to salmon or trout, which are very high in fat). It comes from Australia, is named for its brightly colored orange skin, which is removed during the trimming process. It comes out as a boneless fillet. It's thawed once it hits the fish case, but most supermarkets have it frozen in the back (it comes into them frozen).

Compared to other fish, orange roughy does not have much taste (it is classified as a mild fish), but you can do wonders with it when it's spiced right. It also makes a great oven-fried fish, so if you're trying to avoid high-fats things like deep-fried flounder, oven-fried roughy is the ideal solution.*

* Okay, since you asked . . . Take a little butter, margerine, or olive oil and dump into it a little of: onion powder, garlic powder, ginger, and basil. Using a basting brush, brush the spice mixture thinly on the fish, then dip the fillets in 4C unsalted bread crumbs. Bake it at 475 degrees for 15 minutes or, if you don't want the topping as crispy, 400 degrees for 20 minutes. The spice mixture and bread crumbs will give you minimal carbs and fat, and this version is largely sodium free.
    Did you ever realize how hard it was to buy a the pez package set (2 packs of pez and a dispensor) without getting fuckin grape? You would have to buy 2 of them just to dodge eating grape! Damn conspiracy.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    [How is the cold cut turkey like boars head.

------

Far too much sodium for a BBer's diet. You eat one bite, and you blow up worse than on 150mg of drol. Trust me on this one bra.[/

What about nuts and berries things of that nature, i need mroe vegetables in my diet
    Any other ideas ?

Well let me tell you this: If you need more vegetables in your diet, eating berries and peanuts aren't the way to go. A peanut is a legume, and a berry is obviously a fruit. Berries, however, have many antioxidants that prevent free radicals from making you ill. I would suggest telling mommy to buy brocolli and cauliflower. Throw em in a pan with your orange roughy and make a stir fry. Giddy up.

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    salmon
    tuna
    chicken
    potatoes
    rice
    orange roughy is nice 2 but expensive im poor

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Hey TNT i take exception to the illinformed statement that orange roughy is an australian fish it does infact come from new zealand too lol its ok mate just busting ya balls. i found a couple of recipes for the guys here it is- Orange Roughy with Tarragon & Vegetables
    Ingredients: Method:
    2 orange roughy fillets
    1/2 zucchini cut into julienne strips
    1/2 small red capsicum, cut into thin strips
    1/4 cup red onion, sliced
    1 carrot cut into julienne strips
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (or 3/4 teaspoon dried)
    1 tablespoon margarine Preheat grill. Heat oil in large skillet and quickly cook vegetables. About 2-3 minutes on a medium-high heat. Take two large pieces of aluminum foil. Place one piece of fish on each. Top with 1/2 tablespoon butter, half the vegetables and half the tarragon. Repeat for the other piece. Wrap tightly and place on grill. Grill over a medium heat for 12 - 18 minutes. Open carefully because the steam can be very hot.

Curried Orange Roughy with Capsicum
    Ingredients: Method:
    500g orange roughy fillets
    1 red, yellow, or green capsicum, seeded & chopped
    Curry powder
    Salt to taste

1. Arrange fillets in a single layer on a microwave dish.
    2. Top with capsicum strips, sprinkle lightly with curry powder and season to taste.
    3. Cover with plastic and microwave on high 4 to 5 minutes or until fish is cooked throughout .
    personally i like warehou really light but really filling, i put a little butter in a pan with a touch of garlic powder some red pepper, salt, pepper, lemon sauce and cook at a medium heat turning frequently. It is a brittle fish so dont worry if it falls apart when turning it over. just somw ideas.........HITMAN

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Thanks Hitman!

Thread Information