Thread: water retention

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member

water retention

to those that compete (or anyone that knows)...what is the process of cutting water weight before a show? i know to keep sodium as low as possible and to drink a lot of water the week leading up to the show, but when exactly do you stop drinking water? also, i have been told to eat sugery carbs the night before and day of to fill out my muscles...is this true? will the carbs make me bloated?

competitions aside, I am having water retention issues normally. i dont eat ANY salt, I cook fresh organic meats...no tuna or prepackaged meat, i even try and stay away from egg whites. i eat low glycemic carbs and dont mix with fat and I drink 1 1/2-2 gallons a day. I have taken water pills and that works while I take them, but I dont want to have to take those that often. Do I have any other options?

oh and 1 more...

will eating veges make me bloat up? should i cut out veggies the day before a show?

mitch911 is offline Member
    check under the contest forum they all the info there

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Are you sure it's water retention issues or fat?

Only pics would be able to tell/show us what's going on.

As far as contest prep, I wrote an entire protocol for this for T-MAG that is featured at T-MAG and also at my site under "NEWS".

~SC~

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    As a follow up to swole's new "ass post", we appreciate your avatar xtinaunasty. Thank you.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    yes... and I agree with swole...pics would do wonders for us.

us being the people that CAN HELP YOU...so POST EM!

that is ... if you got the guts blah blah blah....and if your not chicken..etc etc...

btw...good luck

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Are you sure it's water retention issues or fat?

Only pics would be able to tell/show us what's going on.

As far as contest prep, I wrote an entire protocol for this for T-MAG that is featured at T-MAG and also at my site under "NEWS".

~SC~
    I know I have fat on there...im not kidding myself. but there is a lot of bloat going on too...cuz when i take dyazide and cut water for an occasion (i.e. wedding, date, beach, etc.) i look good (not like the girls in contests but IMO i can look good in a bikini) and as soon as i rehydrate i look bloated and gross again.

as for pics, i dont have any current ones and i dont have a camera...but i will take care of it and post them soon. the bloated and the not-so-bloated ones...so you can see the difference.

i will definitely read your article, swole, thank you.

BTW...unfortunately, that isnt my ass. mines a tad smaller

awesome article swole!! thank you so much...it was exactly what I was looking for. you are the shiz (but im sure you have 469 people tell you that every day).

i did have one last question...
    will going to the sauna benefit the process? if so, when would be the best time to go? thanks again!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yes, u can hit the sauna the last 3 days of the carb load/water depletion.

~SC~

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    as soon as i rehydrate i look bloated and gross again.
    Dont go so hard on yourself. I recommend getting a fat caliper so you can easily and accurately measure your bodyfat, instead of just guessing and having your minds play tricks on you. It sure helped me. I am sure you already do, but be sure to drink plenty of water so your body wont retain it.

BTW...unfortunately, that isnt my ass. mines a tad smaller
    Haha

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    to those that compete (or anyone that knows)...what is the process of cutting water weight before a show? i know to keep sodium as low as possible and to drink a lot of water the week leading up to the show, but when exactly do you stop drinking water? also, i have been told to eat sugery carbs the night before and day of to fill out my muscles...is this true? will the carbs make me bloated?

competitions aside, I am having water retention issues normally. i dont eat ANY salt, I cook fresh organic meats...no tuna or prepackaged meat, i even try and stay away from egg whites. i eat low glycemic carbs and dont mix with fat and I drink 1 1/2-2 gallons a day. I have taken water pills and that works while I take them, but I dont want to have to take those that often. Do I have any other options?
    i beleive woman hold more water than men because of estrogen, i would not rely i the water pills because it could take a toll on ur kidneys. Also after carb depletion then you take down surgery carbs i.e honey,,,that will expand your muscles and make you look vascualr and hard

ive done everything. trust me. the caliper said 11.6% and i dont believe that sh*t. unless i do no sodium and water pills for a week. then maybe i could swing 14%. looking at the girls on stage and knowing they are 10% there is no way. im not even close. i think i just retain a lot of water.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    ive done everything. trust me. the caliper said 11.6% and i dont believe that sh*t. unless i do no sodium and water pills for a week. then maybe i could swing 14%. looking at the girls on stage and knowing they are 10% there is no way. im not even close. i think i just retain a lot of water.
    You will do fine, btw what event are you doing?
    Being as how we are both Colorado, I don't know too much about events that are going on here. I would like to take my wife to one. See if any inspiration might happen.

Also at the club I just started working at they have a tank that comes around evey 3 months or so that does the water method of BF% measurments.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama

hmmmm ... interesting.

oh im not doing a show. just wanted to test the process and see if i could even get in that kind of shape first. anyway im actually from aurora too! how much does each water method test cost?

kaorialfred is offline Member
    I will find out later today when I go in for work. I may pm you the info later. I'm sure its not that much, but then again in Florida the bod pod test cost 75.00 a test.

thats not too bad

Thread Information