steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

for those that eat clean most of the year

alright we all know someone that eats clean all year long or we wre guilty areselves for this....now my question what do you do about your mataboliziming slowing way down yes i know have a cheatmeal here or there or do a refeed sometime right??? well i have been doing this and latly i have been gaining weight?? i must say sometimes i take my cheats a little to far but is there anything eles you can do to jumpstart your body again?? i change my diet evry so often and use diffrent fats or carbs but nothing seems to be working am i just impaitent???

Jakspro is offline Member
    What do you mean your gaining weight??? As in Lean Muscle? or As in fat... and if fat, how are you concluding that the weight is coming from your Cheat meals... maybe i'm just not getting the question?

What are you Macro break down?
    What is your current goal?
    How much above or under are you from your Maintenace KCals?

i got down to about 9% weighin in at 177 in April with very good muscle desity and i was in the best shape i had ever been in, then i sudenly crashed and started gaing weight ( fat) back faster than ever. it was do to the fact that i started cutting back on fat...i dont know why i did this but i did i was a huge mistake pluse myu carbs were very low aswell, now im working on getting it back and im woundering how you people stay in this condition yr round im not talkng peak condition but staying at around 10% yr round is my goal

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    I stay under 8% 365 days of the year. Havent cheated, per se, in a couple of years. Closest to unclean, would be ff cool whip, sf ff pudding, peanuts almonds (I know they are clean), choc organic brown rice cakes,.it's peanut butter, dry curd and those sf ff syrups that keep me sane. No desire to cheat....uch rather have a grilled 93% lean burger, loaded with grilled veggies than a piece of cake anyday........I've prob. had subway 3-4 times, but other fast food? Not in over 6-7 years...........

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    My bro maintains 6-8% year round. Ofcourse he is a vegan.. Myself I try and stay around 10%, It all depends on whether I'm bulking or trying to lean out. I'd suggest you break down your diet and find out where you are slipping up.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    My bro maintains 6-8% year round. Ofcourse he is a vegan.. Myself I try and stay around 10%, It all depends on whether I'm bulking or trying to lean out. I'd suggest you break down your diet and find out where you are slipping up.

yes i agree with breaking it down which i have been doing, i know it has something to do with my carbs just trying to figuer out when to add and subtract i'll get it thanks guys

Jakspro is offline Member
    How many grams of carbs are you eating a day? I'm sorta playing with my carb intake a little bit also...

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro
    How many grams of carbs are you eating a day? I'm sorta playing with my carb intake a little bit also...
    Not sure if this was for Stevo, but I am consuming around 550-600/day while on a bulk. When I try and maintain I drop to 400 or so. The sugars are what you really need to focus on, I try and stay under 30-40grams/day. Someone with a slower metabolism may want to get less. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Not sure if this was for Stevo, but I am consuming around 550-600/day while on a bulk. When I try and maintain I drop to 400 or so. The sugars are what you really need to focus on, I try and stay under 30-40grams/day. Someone with a slower metabolism may want to get less. JMO.

well im not bulkin right now just trying to keep it lean get back to were i was..when it come to the type of carbs i have jut been useing instant oats and actually a little white rice for some reason these higher GI carbs keep me feeling fuller and harder throughout the day, i do use Old fashioned oats along with brown rice and sweet potatos my main problem is my cheating i have been controling it so far once i get back on track and im on a roll things will be easy

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    do some cardio sometime during the day. that will boost ur metobolism

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    do some cardio sometime during the day. that will boost ur metobolism

i normally do cardio in the morning on empty tank,,if not i will do it around 2pm

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Keep your protein intake high and monitor your carbs. It's simple.

Thread Information