KingMike is offline Associate Member

How DU guys raise calories after cutting?

Finished cutting and I am taking the next 4 days off. I will start Monday and raise my calories from 2100 to 2500 and add 50 carbs. I will cut cardio from 50 minutes to 40 minutes. After the first week I will add another 3-400 calories and add another 50 carbs and lower cardio to 30 minutes and keep it there.

Is this all ok to do?

jef
    jef is offline Member
    bump for mike...i'll be coming out of a cutting diet and doing the same...

NCNPC29 is offline Associate Member
    what do you weigh? how long were you cutting for? what did you weigh at the start and where are you now? do you know what your bf% is?..what are you planning on topping out with in terms of calories/carbs/protein/fats.... what are your goals?

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    change the GI of your carbs to a littlr higher of a GI

jef
    jef is offline Member
    I'm not trying to steal kingmike's thread but maybe we can compare info etc to help us make adjustments.
    my weight is 220-224lb, i've been cutting for about 3-4 months. weighed 233 at 14.5%bf...got down i think 213.5lb @apx 8%bf. now at 220 9.6%bf.
    I finally have a 6pack and don't want it to completely disappear and if it does start getting covered to make it easier next spring when cutting to get a good shredded look. My guess is that I'd like to be at about 300-3500 calories per day...perhaps 4k if I don't put on too much fat. Macros could be adjusted according to meet the goals.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by jef
    I'm not trying to steal kingmike's thread but maybe we can compare info etc to help us make adjustments.
    my weight is 220-224lb, i've been cutting for about 3-4 months. weighed 233 at 14.5%bf...got down i think 213.5lb @apx 8%bf. now at 220 9.6%bf.
    I finally have a 6pack and don't want it to completely disappear and if it does start getting covered to make it easier next spring when cutting to get a good shredded look. My guess is that I'd like to be at about 300-3500 calories per day...perhaps 4k if I don't put on too much fat. Macros could be adjusted according to meet the goals.

you just did.

lololololol...HIJACK!!!! ...just messing with ya

6'/177 lbs./13-14 % BF 4mer fatty (290 lbs.)

I have been cutting for about 10 weeks to get leaner and then start a mass phase for about 2-3 months. I lost 100 pounds about 3 years ago and kept it off and been jerking around at 175-190 pounds since then. I just flat out need more muscle before I do a serious cut. I plan on eating around 250 carbs a day and around 3200 calories. It will look like this.

cardio
    1.P/C
    P/F
    P/C
    P/F
    Workout
    P/C
    P/C
    P/F

I have been eating 2100 calories and 100 grams of carbs and 40-60 grams of good fat a day a day for 6 weeks while taking no supps.

Nice job on getting lean.. It sounds like you were previously at a pretty decent BF% before you tried to lean up. How did that happen? have you always had weight issues? To be honest with you I would take a different approach given your past and current stats... You said you need more muscle before doing a serious cut.. I would concentrate on adding the muscle slowly and not going too crazy on the carbs.. I would probably make 250 your high day or not go too much higher than that..possibly 300..but I would only do a couple days out of the week at 300... I would also cut that fat a little since you are now going to bump the carbs up... don't ruin what took a lot of effort and hard work to achieve just to "bulk" in an attempt to add more muscle..more muscle will come, just give it time..

Thank for the advice. I was thinking of a 4 day split that would look like this,

Monday (workout day) 200 carbs
    Tuesday (workout day) 200 carbs
    Wednsday (cardio only) 50 carbs
    Thursday (workout day) 200 carbs
    Friday (workout day) 200 carbs
    Saturday (cardio only) 0 carbs
    Sunday (rest day) keep calories at main. and up carbs (oats,yams,etc..) to about 400 to top off.

Cardio will be done 6 days a week. THE ONLY carbs I will touch are oats,basmatti rice and dextrose PWO. Tons of veggies, and all fats from Flax, safflower, or ANPB.

On Saturday since I am getting no carbs I might have some saturated fat from beef or cheese.

How does this sound?

jef
    jef is offline Member
    I would think this would keep your body guessing for sure.
    on a higher carb meal i would definitely limit the amount of fat as fat and carbs don't go hand in hand too well together...sounds like you already know that though

jef
    jef is offline Member
    anyone else have any good feedback on kingmike's carb cycling days and macros?

looks pretty good King..keep us updated!

TR'05 is offline Member
    looks pretty g. Don't be afraid of saturated fats, though, bro. They should be a part of any properly put together, balanced diet. They have their place just as EFAs and all good fats have theirs.

Thanks so much for the help guys. How many days off lifting and cardio should I take before I start this new plan. To be honest, resting 2-3 days is fine for me, whenever I rest for 4+ days I seem to start feeling tired and lose strength.

I am starting thsi plan in 7-10 days and continue for atleast 10 weeks. The supps I am using are as follows.

NO2 Platinum
    CE2
    Uni-Liver tabs
    Animal Pak vitamins
    ZMA

Thread Information