xtinaunasty is offline Female Member

Talking a friend in need...new diet time!!

Hey its me again, except this time this isnt my diet plan. But I must say, I have noticed results in just 1 week of making some minor changes you guys suggested. So thank you!!

This is for my friend who is female, 5'3", 128lbs, i have no idea what her BF is...I would guess around 23-25%. Her goal is to loose 10-12 lbs by thanks giving. She has been working out and eating well on the weekdays...but her downfall is the weekends. I dont think she is eating enough or enough carbs (due to the standard way of thinking...the less i eat the more i'll loose) so when she binges on the weekends her body holds on. thats just my guess. so right now im just trying to get her metabolism back to equilibrium while establishing a consistant healthy eating pattern. of course the goal is to burn fat also. please tell me what you think....

Cardio: 4 of the 6 days 40-60 mins (HR 65-75%) in the morning on an empty stomach, otherwise do it after weights later. 2 of the 6 days do intervals for 30 mins. She isnt a morning person AT ALL and has to be at work by 8am. So I just told her to aim for 3 of the days in the morning, and the other days after weights. For now.

Weights: She has been lifting 4-5 days per week. I would say each of her sessions last from 45-60 mins, she lifts moderate to heavy weight at medium rep ranges. I have helped her out and given her some exercises and plans. She knows what she's doing in the gym though because she was in basketball and vollyball and many other sports all through out high school. She has been working out off and on for almost two years...but consistantly for the past 2-3 months.

Diet: 40-40-20 Cal/Pro/Carb/Fat

Meal 1 (30-60 mins AFTER morning cardio): 6 egg whites, 1/2c oats (measured dry) -or-3 1/2 tbsp (measured dry) cream of wheat
    242/26/26.5/3

Meal 2:
    1 bag hickory smoked or lemon pepper tuna
    Romaine lettuce
    2 tsp* olive or flaxseed oil
    *if it is the lemon pepper kind, it is 1 tbsp olive oil oil
    240/35/0/13

Meal 3
    3oz chicken breast (measured after cooking)
    Broccoli
    1/2c oats -or- 2/3c (measured cooked) brown rice (medium-grain) -or-3 1/2 tbsp cream of wheat
    260/29/25/5

Weights (and cardio if not performed in the AM)

Meal 4 PWO (within 15-20 mins after workout)
    2 scoops Isopure Protein Shake, 45g virtually fat free simple carbs (i.e. bananas, rice cakes any flavor, cream of wheat, other fruit)
    375/32/61/0

Meal 5 PPWO (1 hour after meal 4)
    3oz chicken breast
    Veges
    1/2c oats -or- 2/3c brown rice -or-3 1/2 tbsp cream of wheat
    260/29/25/5

Meal 6 (2-3 hours after meal 5)
    2 egg whites w/1 whole egg
    3 omega complex pills
    130/12/2/8

Daily totals:
    1507/162/138.5/34 (close enough)

1. one of my questions is if i should change her diet on cardio only days or her off day.
    2. and what about a cheat? would it be ok if she had a few beers once a week?
    3. would it be safe for her to prepare meals 2-4 on sunday night for the whole week or would she have to worry about stuff going bad?
    Last edited by xtinaunasty; 09-24-2005 at 02:11 PM.

oh yeah...she is 24

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    Hey its me again, except this time this isnt my diet plan. But I must say, I have noticed results in just 1 week of making some minor changes you guys suggested. So thank you!!

This is for my friend who is female, 5'3", 128lbs, i have no idea what her BF is...I would guess around 23-25%. Her goal is to loose 10-12 lbs by thanks giving. She has been working out and eating well on the weekdays...but her downfall is the weekends. I dont think she is eating enough or enough carbs (due to the standard way of thinking...the less i eat the more i'll loose) so when she binges on the weekends her body holds on. thats just my guess. so right now im just trying to get her metabolism back to equilibrium while establishing a consistant healthy eating pattern. of course the goal is to burn fat also. please tell me what you think....

Cardio: 4 of the 6 days 40-60 mins (HR 65-75%) in the morning on an empty stomach, otherwise do it after weights later. 2 of the 6 days do intervals for 30 mins. She isnt a morning person AT ALL and has to be at work by 8am. So I just told her to aim for 3 of the days in the morning, and the other days after weights. For now.

Weights: She has been lifting 4-5 days per week. I would say each of her sessions last from 45-60 mins, she lifts moderate to heavy weight at medium rep ranges. I have helped her out and given her some exercises and plans. She knows what she's doing in the gym though because she was in basketball and vollyball and many other sports all through out high school. She has been working out off and on for almost two years...but consistantly for the past 2-3 months.

Diet: 40-40-20 Cal/Pro/Carb/Fat

Meal 1 (30-60 mins AFTER morning cardio): 6 egg whites, 1/2c oats (measured dry) -or-3 1/2 tbsp (measured dry) cream of wheat
    242/26/26.5/3

Meal 2:
    1 bag hickory smoked or lemon pepper tuna
    Romaine lettuce
    2 tsp* olive or flaxseed oil
    *if it is the lemon pepper kind, it is 1 tbsp olive oil oil
    240/35/0/13

Meal 3
    3oz chicken breast (measured after cooking)
    Broccoli
    1/2c oats -or- 2/3c (measured cooked) brown rice (medium-grain) -or-3 1/2 tbsp cream of wheat
    260/29/25/5

Weights (and cardio if not performed in the AM)

Meal 4 PWO (within 15-20 mins after workout)
    2 scoops Isopure Protein Shake, 45g virtually fat free simple carbs (i.e. bananas, rice cakes any flavor, cream of wheat, other fruit)
    375/32/61/0

Meal 5 PPWO (1 hour after meal 4)
    3oz chicken breast
    Veges
    1/2c oats -or- 2/3c brown rice -or-3 1/2 tbsp cream of wheat
    260/29/25/5

Meal 6 (2-3 hours after meal 5)
    2 egg whites w/1 whole egg
    3 omega complex pills
    130/12/2/8

Daily totals:
    1507/162/138.5/34 (close enough)

1. one of my questions is if i should change her diet on cardio only days or her off day.
    2. and what about a cheat? would it be ok if she had a few beers once a week?
    3. would it be safe for her to prepare meals 2-4 on sunday night for the whole week or would she have to worry about stuff going bad?

looks pretty damn good to me as for changing it on cardio days??? maybe drop some carbs ? im not sure someone will prolly add to this, as for cheating if she wants to drop 10-12 pounds by thanks giving tell her thanks giving will be her cheat and as for beers gitta grip like i said SINK OR SWIM and yes it is fine to prepare meals ahead of time as long as you keep it refrigirated or put it in a cooler when you travel to ork or school the food will be fine

Austex is offline Member
    The first item that caught my eye was the macro split (40/40/20). I would definately recommend to you that she change this to somewhere in the line of a 40/25/35. By adding more healthy fats and reducing the amount of carbohydrates, she should have much better results. Losing 10-15 pounds (of body mass, not just water weight) in 2 months is attainable, but she'll still have to work for it. Good luck!

yeah i was thinking of dropping the carbs. cuz it is a lot. thanks.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    yeah i was thinking of dropping the carbs. cuz it is a lot. thanks.

i did come back and look at this twice last night and i agree drop some carbs a little and keep carbs the same on cardio only days because you deplet our glycogen stores from the liver after sleeping all night then doing cardio on a empty stomach so you need em,,this is also why i say not to drink beer because yes they do have carbs granit not alot of carbs but the main reason is all the empty calories from the booz eith halter gains

Thread Information