KingMike is offline Associate Member

Only one meal promotes mas gains?

Saw a dude at the gym eating some chicken wings and asked him what kind of diet he was on. He says he eats any type of protein all day but after a workout he has 3 scoops of nitro tech. He told me that as long as you get 35 grams of protein every 3 1/2 hours with any kind of fat you will build muscle. He said the only meal of the day that promotes instant size gains in muscle mass is post workout. He says by doing this and eating 3500-4000 calories a day he is always burning fat and building muscle. He was about 5' 10" or so and around 220-230 and chisled. He said that calories don't mean jack, only if you want to be a smaller version of the person you are. Can you bulk and only take in carb pwo? It sure would help me solve this damn water I gain while bulking.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Remember there is NO one set rule for everyone.

Example: His approach would never work for me.

~SC~

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMike
    Saw a dude at the gym eating some chicken wings and asked him what kind of diet he was on. He says he eats any type of protein all day but after a workout he has 3 scoops of nitro tech. He told me that as long as you get 35 grams of protein every 3 1/2 hours with any kind of fat you will build muscle. He said the only meal of the day that promotes instant size gains in muscle mass is post workout. He says by doing this and eating 3500-4000 calories a day he is always burning fat and building muscle. He was about 5' 10" or so and around 220-230 and chisled. He said that calories don't mean jack, only if you want to be a smaller version of the person you are. Can you bulk and only take in carb pwo? It sure would help me solve this damn water I gain while bulking.
    I'm not quite sure what is meant by this phrase. I have read of a few carb-free (except for PWO) diets like this but they were cutting and pre-contest. I believe that calories are important along with protein and carbs for adding muscle. If he only eats fats at 9 kcals/gm versus 4kcal/gm, isn't he taking in lots of calories as is also supported by his goal of 3500-4000? I also believe that the muscles will not perform the same under a low-carb diet which has been proven in studies. That's kind of a contradiction of sorts on his part.

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    Sorry, forgot to mention the fact the he carb loaded every 4th day followed by a 3 day push/leg/pull. It does sound like cutting to me but he said you can only add pure muscle at a rate of 4-6 pounds a year so he wants to be very lean year round.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMike
    Sorry, forgot to mention the fact the he carb loaded every 4th day followed by a 3 day push/leg/pull. It does sound like cutting to me but he said you can only add pure muscle at a rate of 4-6 pounds a year so he wants to be very lean year round.
    Yeah, that's called a zig-zag diet which is very popular these days. I did one 6 years ago and got shredded relatively quickly. 4-6 pounds per year is 1/3-1/2 pound per month which might be the most HE can add naturally and stay lean. Like SC said, different strokes.

Thread Information