jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member

Critique My Bulking Diet Please

heres my new bulking diet. the calories are based on the spreadsheet provided in the bulking sticky. im 6'3'', 24 218 about 15%bf. let me know if ive distributed the calories in a decent manner. im not going to list all the foods , just what im eating per meal. ie feel that im eating quite a bit of carbs for my pwo's . but i feel if i took away and added to my other meals they would be quite large too. also it seems like the fat is large for meals as well. but im hesitant to add anymore fat then i have to the pro/carb meals. let me know if you guys think my schedule and macros look good.thanks in advance.

Meal 1 = (pro/carb)7:50- 30g whey immediately upon waking.
    8:15- 41g protein, 65 carbs, up to 3g fat.
    meal 2 = (pro/fat)10:45 - 51g protein, 25g fat, up to 5 carbs.
    Meal 3 = (pro/fat)1:15 - 51g protein, 25g far, up to 5 carbs.
    meal 4 = (pro/carb) 3:45 - 51g protein, 50g carbs, up to 3g fat.
    preworkout = 5:15 - NO-xplode , creatine, nitro supp
    Meal 5 = pwo 1 - 6:45-7:00 - 60g protein, 130g carbs(dextrose) 0g fat
    meal 6 = pwo 2 - 8:30 - 60 g protein, 130g carbs up to 5g fat(whole foods)
    meal 7 = 10:30 - 51g protein, 25g fat, upto 5 carbs.

jdh
    i guess i should add that my total calories are 3,949 (roughly) based on the sticky spreadsheet. protein grams are 395 carbs are 395 fat is 88g. carbs and fat are give or take a few grams. also you might ask why im bulking at 15% bf. well besides winter approaching when i bulk i put on muscle alot faster then fat. i recently dropped about 9% bf on a cutting diet and retained most muscle mass. so im comfortable if i even hit say 20% that i can shed it off with minimal muscle loss.

jdh
    anybody?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Not bad but dude, I think you'd be better off spreading your carbs throughout the day. So if you're eatin 400g, eat 100g when you wake up, 100g Pre-Workout, 100g PWO, and 100g PPWO.

jdh
    good suggestion, im thinking ill move some of those carbs from my pwo's to earlier in the day. because after my 2 pwo's its already 8:30. i dont want to add any of those after that time of the day.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Please, don't believe that carbs at night will make you fat. Its perfectly fine to eat them at night. I just think you should spread them out more and keeping insuln levels stable making for a more favorable anabolic environment.

jdh
    i dont really think that carbs at night will make you fat. i take both my pwo's at night because its necessary and i know that my muscles will just suck them right up. if i do have carbs after that i like to keep it lower then what i take in the rest of the day and also make them complex.

Thread Information