Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    insanepump621 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    579

    Best Post-Workout protein shake?

    Just wondering what everyones thoughts were on the best (nutritionally)protein shake for post-workout on the market right now.

  2. #2
    Giantz11's Avatar
    Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,317
    Any good ole Protein shake will suffice, add your own carbs and save money.

  3. #3
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    My absolute favorite protein is Syntrax Nectar's "Crystal Sky".

    OMG, it's like bubble gum with fruity flavors mixed in...........just that w/water is pure sin.......

    With dextrose it should be illegal.

    ~SC~

  4. #4
    insanepump621 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    579
    Thanks alot guys, im happy both of you responded since out of all the posts i read u both seem to make the most sense about anything. thanks again.

  5. #5
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    That's good to hear!

    ~SC~

  6. #6
    305GUY's Avatar
    305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    M-I-YaYo
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    My absolute favorite protein is Syntrax Nectar's "Crystal Sky".

    OMG, it's like bubble gum with fruity flavors mixed in...........just that w/water is pure sin.......

    With dextrose it should be illegal.

    ~SC~
    Lucky you, cause i bought that flavor a little while ago and it tastes nasty to me. Also theres something about a blue protein shake that i just find strange. Dont ask me why, i guess im just weird.

  7. #7
    SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    the road to greatness
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    Lucky you, cause i bought that flavor a little while ago and it tastes nasty to me. Also theres something about a blue protein shake that i just find strange. Dont ask me why, i guess im just weird.

    There was some science writeup I read awhile back...It stated that the color blue was deemed the most un-appetizing/unappealing color for foods...or something like that...

    -shaokahn-

  8. #8
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    i use isopure. its expensive but i like the fact that it doesnt really have a taste (the vanilla kind anyway). i think the worst protein i ever had was Bsn Lean Dessert Protein - Cinnamon Roll. i seriously threw up. that was the first time since mom's okra that i got sick from something that tasted bad
    ever since then i am afraid to try any new flavors.

  9. #9
    Gassy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    123
    I tried that Nectar protien, whatever the blue flavor is. My shit was extra dark, when I wiped my ass, it was blue on the paper! Swear. Needless to say I stopped taking it, went back to ON's gold whey.

  10. #10
    Austex's Avatar
    Austex is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    i use isopure.
    Good choice. Whey protein isolate has the highest bioavailability and therefor is absorbed better than other proteins. While isopure is expensive, you can check out kilosports.com, where a 2.2 pound tub of (natural) whey protein isolate sells for only $25. Or if you're feeling extra hungry, they have a 50 pound bag for $350. I've ordered from them before and the turn-around is superb.

    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    Bsn Lean Dessert Protein - Cinnamon Roll.
    Yes, very nasty as a shake...but, I did try it as a pudding mmm so good!

  11. #11
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    you can check out kilosports.com, where a 2.2 pound tub of (natural) whey protein isolate sells for only $25.
    Betterbodz.com has 3lb canisters of zero carb isopure for $26.95 and 7.5lb tubs for $69.95.

    Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Yes, very nasty as a shake...but, I did try it as a pudding mmm so good!
    I'll have to take your word on that one

  12. #12
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    oh yeah...Necter protein is nasty too. I had strawberry kiwi and this stuff didnt even mix right in the shaker...it was all lumpy and tasted like that flouride stuff you used to have to have at the dentist.

  13. #13
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Strange, my stuff mixes in less than 10 seconds w/a spoon.



    ~SC~

  14. #14
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    maybe i just got a bad flavor. i used a shaker cup too, so maybe thats why it was lumpy.

  15. #15
    jonnie5_5's Avatar
    jonnie5_5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    84
    I use TrueProtein.com's protein. You can make your own mixes of protein and other supplements. It is also cheap and very high quality. My discount code is JHG682 and that will give anyone a 5% discount on their products as well.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    parked in yo momma
    Posts
    541

    on

    isnt optimum nutrition the standard?

  17. #17
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnie5_5
    I use TrueProtein.com's protein. You can make your own mixes of protein and other supplements. It is also cheap and very high quality. My discount code is JHG682 and that will give anyone a 5% discount on their products as well.
    phil?

  18. #18
    jonnie5_5's Avatar
    jonnie5_5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    84
    nope...

  19. #19
    grimnlock's Avatar
    grimnlock is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A hut in Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    oh yeah...Necter protein is nasty too. I had strawberry kiwi and this stuff didnt even mix right in the shaker...it was all lumpy and tasted like that flouride stuff you used to have to have at the dentist.
    Normally if your water or milk or whatever you use to add the protein with is warm... they end up all lumpy...

    Try addin your mixing substance while its cold... they don't lump up that easily. Just my 2cents.

  20. #20
    kaptainkeezy04's Avatar
    kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,272
    I love Nlarge2...56 grams of protein and 86 grams of fast acting carbs in 4 scoops...how can you beat that?

  21. #21
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by grimnlock
    Normally if your water or milk or whatever you use to add the protein with is warm... they end up all lumpy...

    Try addin your mixing substance while its cold... they don't lump up that easily. Just my 2cents.
    thanks man...i was under SC spell (again...dammit) and i ordered some crystal skye. The place i got it from was real cheap. like $17 or something so i figured what the hell. i sill definitely try the cold water thing. plus, i think when my dex gets in, all my shake will be a lot better tasting. BTW, where do you guys get that crap? I've looked at GNC, Vit World, Vit Cottage, and a whole foods store...they have malto and dex mixes (which are flavored, yuk) but no straight dex. i ended up ordering some dextrose crysals from my usual online place. but they take forever to ship it to me. bitch, bitch...and more bitch. sorry! hehe

  22. #22
    TEXAS's Avatar
    TEXAS is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    113
    I like "ALLTHEWHEY",& "Isopure" something more than good to me. I have tried more than a flavor, and all of them are okay !!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •