Thread: help with diet

mxer_kx is offline Junior Member

help with diet

ok im trying to get a good diet going to help with the aid of fat loss i came up with this based on the "cutting diet " sticky

meal1 protein shake with 2scoops whey protein and 8 egg whites (pasturized) oatmeal with 1 scoop whey protein (is that to many egg whites or whey protein?)

meal 2 can of tuna with with tbl spoon of mayo(a little less)

meal 3 (pre work out) protein shake/bar

meal 4 (post work) protein shake

meal 5 2chicken breast

meal 6 protein shake

how is that is ther to many shakes in ther to me it seems so also sorry about the lack of info on calorie count and protein/carb/fat count on each any pointers would be good or meal replacement ideas
    Last edited by mxer_kx; 09-27-2005 at 06:10 PM.

oh ya how stupid of me 20 yrs old 180 pounds 5'6 prolly around 20% body fat

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You came up w/that using the cutting sticky as a guide?

It doesn't reflect that information at all.

~SC~

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You came up w/that using the cutting sticky as a guide?

It doesn't reflect that information at all.

~SC~
    True. Where are your carbs? Or your food for that matter? Go back and look at it again.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    1. to start take the whey protein out of the oatmeal
    2. take the mayo out and add flaxseed oil
    3. how much time is in between meal 2 and workout cause the shake isnt nesacary.
    4. i dont use it but alot of people say put twice as much dextrose as protein in the pwo shake.
    5. add some brown rice some carb to ur pwo meal.
    6. take that last shake out and add some other lean protein, like another tuna or something.
    7. put some veggies in ur meals.
    8. u doing cardio?

sorry brotha's missed some key things in ther such as vegetable si wanted to get the main meals down ya i thought it was way to many shakes just trying to get osmething going as im a super pickey eater( yes i know im gonna get majorly flamed but how is this play supposed to be constructive if every one is jumping to put someone down?) any ways heres the cutting sticky sample diet

Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal (i was thinking the shake with the egg whites but if thers better any one let me know)

Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (2 tbsp flax (this i was thinking the tuna now i know add the flax instead of mayo hows that taste btw ?)

Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein (this i was thinking either chicken breast or shake lemme know what you think)

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition

Meal 5:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal. (this i was thinking chicken breastor is it bad to eat it twice a day ? or steak or gettting lean ground beef and making hamburgers or is that a bad idea?)

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax

now is meal 6 needed or not really?

also if anyone can help setting this up or changing that diet it would be greatly appreciated

oh as for cardio i feel so stupid asking this but ya my partner INSISTS we do it after work out but that is no good ? or is it fine ? personaly i wana start doing it in the morning befor meal 1 but will doing it as the final exercise be ok or no ?

p.s. i see swolecat your the man around this part of town lol so any help would be good from you i dont mean to sound like some kind of idiot looking for a miracle solution i just need some help with this thats all not much experiance you know ? so any help form any one would be nice

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mxer_kx
    i know im gonna get majorly flamed but how is this play supposed to be constructive if every one is jumping to put someone down?
    I re-read all the responses in this thread and I don't see evidence of that at all.

~SC~

no i ment that me saying that im very pick eater im "gonna" get flammed (dont be a wuss tough it out ur in the wrong sport etc etc) thats all i never ment i was being flamed everyone has been cool so far just if anyone could help me with this it would be wikked cool lol

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i know its a complete pain in the ass to hit the "." or "," keys, but some indication of a pause in your sentence might make for easier reading (i prefer the old "..."). other than that, i would go to www.fitday.com or look at the nutritional information on the food (shakes) you are eating and give us a ballpark cal/pro/carb/fat breakdown... especially with the PWO and PPWO meals. im just trying to get you on the right track so you can get the help you need. good luck!

see thats the thing i have no set diet one major problem(and this is what i was implying i was gonna get flmaed about) i hate vegitables dont know why just never liked the taste thats why im having a problem seting up a proper diet everyone says worry about cardio diet first befor the drugs well thats wha tim trying to do and beleive i appreciate any ones help

read. read every diet someone has posted...including replies. it will help more than you think.

yea thats what im gonna do i have ot get it through my head no quick soulution having some one just spoon feed me the info but wat would u limit shakes to pwo and breakfast or post work out and pre work out?

the only time i use protein shakes are PWO. But I'm on sabatacle right now from work so the convenience thing is not an issue for me. I think it is better to get your protein and carbs through whole foods. Especially if you are cutting...they will keep you full longer. I would at least cut the shake out at breakfast and before bed.

i think im getting some what of a diet down, although i wana get rid of the mornign shake i perfer drinkign my egg whites then cooking(weird i guess) and the vanila flavoured protein mixed makes it taste sooooo good thats the only reason i mix the 2 together

hows this looking (i dont have all the products here so i cant get the nutritional info soon as i do ill get all the info)

meal one: half cup oatmeal protein shake with 8 egg whites(is 8 to many)

meal 2: can of tuna with flax and a banana or apple

meal 3: chicken breast or lean steak (is lean ground beef made in to burgers alright?) and vegetables (portion from bag of mixed vegetables)

meal 4: pwo

meal 5: chicken breast or lean meat (opposite of what ever meal 3 was) and half cup of rice

hows that sounding??

anything to add remove?? i tried to explain about the morning shake as im trying to elimante as many shakes as possible

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Is anyone else thinking of Saluu right now?

didnt know who Saluu was so i did a search apparently he was band. what for? i dont know?... if you dont believe me get one of the mods to do a ip check, all i wanted was some help with my diet to better my self because everyone says start ther befor gear.. well im trying to.. i assume you think what i came up with is bad?
    Last edited by mxer_kx; 09-28-2005 at 08:54 PM.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by mxer_kx
    hows this looking (i dont have all the products here so i cant get the nutritional info soon as i do ill get all the info)

meal one: half cup oatmeal protein shake with 8 egg whites(is 8 to many)

meal 2: can of tuna with flax and a banana or apple

meal 3: chicken breast or lean steak (is lean ground beef made in to burgers alright?) and vegetables (portion from bag of mixed vegetables)

meal 4: pwo

meal 5: chicken breast or lean meat (opposite of what ever meal 3 was) and half cup of rice

hows that sounding??
    Aight bro first off don mix carbs with fats/ got it

take shake out of meal 1/ take fruit out of meal 2/ dont eat burgers/and you need a meal 6

alrite cool thanx for the help the only reason i got the shake is cause i drink the egg whites instead of cooking them or no shake no matter what? so instead of adding the protein just dilute it with water and chug lol ill try 2more0 though making scrambled egg whites any suggestions on what to add into that 2more0 i was thinking turkey bacon ?? and im a little confused dont mix carbs and fats is that the tuna and flax your speaking about ? isnt tuna more of a protein meal ? and some one in this post also said eat it with the flax ahhh im confused now

oh and meal 6 i was thinking some sort of white fishany suggestions for that ?
    Last edited by mxer_kx; 09-29-2005 at 12:27 AM.

so let me see if i got this right

meal1: half cup oatmeal 8 egg whites

meal2: can of tuna (should i add the flax here) and or nuts (whats the beest kind to eat)

meal3: 2 chicken or 8 oz lean steak and vegetables (mostly peas and carrots

meal4: pwo shake with 2 scoops protein 2 scoops dextrose and 2 scoops maltodextrin (or should i add the flax here)

meal5: 2 chicken breast or 8 oz steak wich ever wasnt eaten in meal 3 and a cup of brown rice

meal6: can of tuna or white fish (whats the best type of white fish to eat and best way to cook i.e grill, bake, etc. etc.)

so if thats all good all i need to know is when to add the flax whats the best nuts to eat lol and best type of white fish to cook and best way of cooking it (shit i think i ask for to much if anybody is willing to help believe me its greatly appreciated you just helped another fat guy on his journey to become healthy again

Thread Information