Thread: ramadan

tiger909 is offline Senior Member

ramadan

its coming up for me....that means no eating or drinking from 5am to 7pm....this year im trying to lose weight for it cuz track season is directly afterwards( shot put ). i will be lifting 5 days a week at 12 pm. cardio is a no-no until the sun sets.. trying to lose fat and maintain strength...will eat breakfast at 445am daily. dinner at 7pm. another meal possible. got some clen , whey...to supplement either 5am or after sunset. need a regimen to help with the cutting.....including diet & fitness. plz no comments regarding the practice or faith...just what would u do if u were in my situation....plz dont say it cant be done cuz ive seen it happen...

thanx in advance

sry..im 5-9 195 17%bf
    look ALOT like chest's new pix..only shorter and smaller..same proportions tho

bombastico is offline Junior Member
    I'm preparing for Ramadan myself. Luckily for me I work the graveyard shift

If you're at 17% BF and looking to cut, then you have a month thats perfect for it. Don't know about the clen , during such a holy month though

Have a happy Ramadan!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger909
    plz dont say it cant be done cuz ive seen it happen...
    Ummm, okay?

Then I guess you know what to do then.

I can't offer anything here that will help, so I'll just say have at it! These kinds of situations aren't compatible w/sensible fitness at all, so I usually just stay out of those threads.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Ummm, okay?

Then I guess you know what to do then.

I can't offer anything here that will help, so I'll just say have at it! These kinds of situations aren't compatible w/sensible fitness at all, so I usually just stay out of those threads.

~SC~
    didnt wanna come off as a smartazz, just have a buddy couple years back that did cut during ramadan, but im out of contact with him now
    thats ine if u dont have anything to add

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    How long is Ramadan?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    How long is Ramadan?
    a month long I believe.

tiger - I think militaguy has a thread on a ramadan diet. do a search for his threads started in the meanwhile I'll try and dig it up for you.

EDIT: here is one thread, you may have to sort through some stupid posts but if I recall there are some good posts in there as well from other muslims who have successfully dieted through ramadan.
    Last edited by symatech; 09-27-2005 at 08:12 AM.

thanx

catlovesfood is offline Associate Member
    Hey tiger909 which contry you in? Ramadan is an excellent way to cut up, just eat shit loads of protein before you start and when you finnish the day the same. But keep active or your matabailsm slows down to a snails pace.

Quote Originally Posted by catlovesfood
    Ramadan is an excellent way to cut up
    Sorry, can't say I agree with this at all.

(Keep in mind I'm a nutritionist, so this doesn't come close to being "excellent")

~SC~

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catlovesfood
    Hey tiger909 which contry you in? Ramadan is an excellent way to cut up, just eat shit loads of protein before you start and when you finnish the day the same. But keep active or your matabailsm slows down to a snails pace.
    Absolutely no nutrition from 5am to 7pm an excellent way to cut up? Hmmm, not at all. There's really no way around this, any way you slice it your body will be in starvation mode. Exactly how many grams is "shit loads" and activity level will not keep metabolism from slowing down. All IMHO.

"SHITLOADS" of protein before you start starving yourself won't do shit, seeing as the body can only assimilate so much protein at once! You can throw down 400 grams if you want, but you'll shit out like 350 of them.

~SC~

TEXAS is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Sorry, can't say I agree with this at all.

(Keep in mind I'm a nutritionist, so this doesn't come close to being "excellent")

~SC~
    I agree,

it is a month of worship rather than starving and dieting, or working out..

If you do not mind, sleep the day and work the night "if " you really need to cut down !!

so you may start with pro/fat meal , and do not touch carbs until you just finish your workout " dex/pro", if you can stand this go for it ..

if you feel you can't, starving yourself will reflect badly on your diet since you will eat double what you kept your self away from!!

do your cardio , but do short session!

remember, it is about 30 days, so prepare for it , or control it, BUT, do not lose it .

happy ramadan

Thread Information