sugar free jello
    chicken breasts the 4 pack from purdue thats breaded
    protien powder "designer protien"
    lettuce
    onions.
    is that enough or do i need more?
    my goal is to get around 170 im currently 224

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Cut out the breaded chicken. First of all it's high in sodium second it's probably higher in fat. Stick with the chicken breasts and preferrably without rib meat. You have a good start with the cottage cheese and tuna. Add some egg whites, sweet potatoes, and brown rice for your carbs. Add a bunch of fibrous veggies, and if you have to have bread then go with rye or pumpernickle. And for your "good fat" you can't beat natural peanut butter. Stick around cause you're about to get an ear full from the rest of this group.

Correction: Egg whites for protein not carbs

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by dumbells101
    Correction: Egg whites for protein not carbs

LOL!! ...

Hey, to the newbie:

How tall are you? Because 224-170 is 54 lbs. If you're short, this is good, but if you're tall, try to keep SOME beef on you. Also, oatmeal for complex carbs (not sure if it was mentioned). Maybe get yourself some Turkey Burger meat by Butterball or the Turkey Store. Look for the 99% fat free version, because there is a kind that has more fat than Chuck ground beef. . Good luck.

P

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Looks pretty sound G1 with the exception of the points DB made. Believe it or not processed chicken or fish (even lightly processed or breaded) has added water wieght...it's called "soaking or dipping" in the industry. After the meat is butchered (or the fish filleted) the meat sits in a mixture of water and sodium tripoly phosphate. This acts as a perservative and adds water and sodium to the meat. That is why I never buy those big bags of IQF (individually quick frozen) chicken breast from Costco/Price Club. Check the ingredients label...water added.

Pete

Another great point Pete 235 @8%....LOL . You can't get anything by me, I read ALL posts.

Buy the chicken in the flat pack, boneless, skinless...that says ALL NATURAL....NO PRESERVATIVES ADDED. I'm cooking some right now...gotta go check on 'em.

P
    Last edited by PaPaPumP; 10-11-2001 at 09:55 AM.

georgie24 is offline Member
    papapump im 5'10'

Bro, don't go down to 170. I mean, you CAN look good at 170, but let's say @ 185-200 with a tight bod you will look THAT muvh better. I mean, i struggle to gain weight, as most people do. I'd say get down to 200 roughly and see how you think you look. Then decide to rather build up more muscle, or cut down more. Because once you get to 170, it'll take a while to build that frame back up again. Just a thought.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    5'10" is the same hieght as me. You want to go from 224 to 170lbs you need to lose 54lbs (I know you could have done the math yourself). Losing that much fat (not wieght) should take you 27-30 weeks. If you want to keep the lean muscle you have plan on losing NO MORE than 2 lbs per week. It will be a long hard road and you probably won't even notice a difference until 4-5 weeks into your diet (I speak from experience) but stay focused...visit the board, ask questions, get advice, anything to keep you motivated. Good Luck bro...train hard.

Pete

georgie24 is offline Member
    ok, im diggin the different angles to look at it.
    im starting to see muscular definition !! im stoked. it only makes sense what you guys are saying you guys are a huge help!!!
    but like you said pete235 im gonna wait till i get to 200 to asses my new goal

here is my routine
    530 wake up
    1 capsule eph 833 "strong shit"
    620 treadmill 35-40 min
    800 1/4 egg salad 2 slices whole wheat
    1000 2 capsules clenbutrx
    1030 6 inch totilla with chopped steak lettce
    1130 2 caps clenbutrx
    1200 tuna with 2 slices whole wheat
    100 2 caps clenbutrx
    415 protien shake with cottage mixed in
    700 weightlift
    815protien shake with cottage cheese mixed in

thats about it again thanx guys

See Geo I told you you'd get the info....Is this great or what!

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Check some of the other threads if you can ..... But I agree with all thats stated here .... here is another watcher ....

Watch your Dairy intake .... Milk products are very hard to digest as well as may hinder leaning out quickly. ( check it out for a couple weeks with and then without ( or cut down alot ) and see if you notice ....
    watch your carbs ( moderate ) and not after 7 or 8 pm
    CARDIO ...
    dont drop your calories below 1200 a day ,,,, increase your cardio . and some stimulant fat burners would be good ... the ones suggested are good as well as on the fat burner thread in Supps category....

One other thing ... don't set your goal weight on a weight loss ... Due to not knowing how much body fat we may have ... ( the old girl theory of I need to lose 5 lbs , then I will look good ) they may have to drop 15-20 lbs.... I suggest staying on your diet till you get as lean as you want .. then take the same approach in gaining ... don't just eat everything in site but be smart about it ....Eat like a BB and try and make consistant gains .. switch diet and workouts often . Try and not do long high calorie gains either try 8-12 weeks then maintain current weight then either add some cardio and lean up again and start all over .... Just my $0.02
    good luck

Thread Information