Royal_Mako_Rumble is offline Junior Member

Egg white Facts..

I'd like to know how much Protein there is in just 1 egg white and how much Fat in one egg WHite?................

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    bump ,,,im curious

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    chemical king you are the king of bumping threads

it depends on the size of the egg - the eggs i get are 5g pro per egg - but once u take the yolk out its more like 3g

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Extra large eggs have about 4g pro in the white, 3g in the yolk with 5g total fat (1.5 sat). Don't forget the 250mg of cholesterol!

Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    Extra large eggs have about 4g pro in the white, 3g in the yolk with 5g total fat (1.5 sat). Don't forget the 250mg of cholesterol!

its good cholesterol though
    it lowers LDL and increases HDL

speak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Mako_Rumble
    I'd like to know how much Protein there is in just 1 egg white and how much Fat in one egg WHite?................
    all the fat is in the yoke, none in the white

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    its good cholesterol though
    it lowers LDL and increases HDL
    Hate to disagree. . . .but I disagree.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    The cholesterol/egg issue is overblown and it's been discovered that it's really not an issue whatsoever.

~SC~

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    The cholesterol/egg issue is overblown and it's been discovered that it's really not an issue whatsoever.

~SC~
    does that hold true if i eat 12 yolks a day

Anything in excess is not a good idea. I mean, you can drink TOO MUCH water and hurt yourself. People usually think that 2-3 whole eggs per day is going to be too much and be bad for them, and that's just not the case. Now, 12 whole eggs, that would depend on your body's own natural cholesterol levels, how much it produces and the rate at which it does, etc. So, you may actually be able to get away with it, yes, or you might not, you just don't know. You could find out through testing though.

~SC~

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

This site is pretty good there are pleanty of them out there

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    chemical king you are the king of bumping threads

it depends on the size of the egg - the eggs i get are 5g pro per egg - but once u take the yolk out its more like 3g
    yeah iam arnt I ? I just like to know stuff

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i think its 17 cals per egg white and thats if ur useing larg egg whites

the yolk of the egg also has 2 or 3 amino acids that arent present in the white
    i forget the names

the yolk can also help raise natty test levels

i usually have 1 yolk with every 6 whites

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    the bodys natural production of cholesterol FAR exceeds any cholesterol you eat. Eating more eggs makes the body drop its own production a bit. So eat 50 eggs if you like. Mankind have been eating eggs for millenias without every beeing harmed by it.

Funny how suddenly all foods we have been eating for centuries are "bad" while the more refined crap the food producers are pushing on us is "good" all the while cardiovascular dieseas and obesity is becoming the number one killer.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    the bodys natural production of cholesterol FAR exceeds any cholesterol you eat. Eating more eggs makes the body drop its own production a bit. .

thanks johan
    glad someone agreed with me

Hate to disagree. . . .but I disagree.
    Well, he's right so move on over to the "agree" side.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    THIS statement is true. The lowering LDL and increasing HDL is something I have never heard of. We've often heard or read that eggs are bad for the heart because they contain a lot of cholesterol. Not necessarily! The nutritional logic that gave good eggs a bad rap goes something like this. Foods high in cholesterol are bad for the heart. Eggs are high in cholesterol. Therefore, eggs are bad for the heart.

While this may meet the standards of a logical argument, it isn't altogether true. New insights into the fatty foods/heart disease connection reveal that in people with normal cholesterol metabolism it's not cholesterol that clogs arteries, it's foods high in saturated and hydrogenated fats. There is a small proportion of people who are termed "cholesterol sensitive," because their blood cholesterol levels rise when they eat foods high in cholesterol. In the great majority of the population, the amount of cholesterol in the diet does not affect blood cholesterol, since cholesterol is manufactured in the liver regardless of whether or not you eat it in a food. Saturated fats (and factory-made fats, such as hydrogenated ones) are far greater problems than dietary cholesterol, and compared with some other foods, eggs are not an especially high source of saturated fats. (Egg white is almost pure high-quality protein: so if you are a cholesterol- sensitive person, skip the yolk and eat the white.)

To show you how unfair it is to implicate the egg in cholesterol problems, consider that an egg contains only two grams of saturated fat and 75 calories versus seven grams of saturated fat and 268 calories in a small (3.5 ounce), lean hamburger patty. Even though a hamburger may contain only 100 grams of cholesterol as compared with 210 grams in one large egg, most quarter-pound hamburgers contain four times as much saturated fat as the innocent egg. Eggs actually qualify for the "low in saturated fat" label.

If the American Heart Association is not concerned about the cholesterol in eggs, neither should you. In light of the recent evidence clearing cholesterol as a heart-unhealthy food, the American Heart Association changed its tune and now regards an egg every other day as acceptable for people with normal cholesterol and those who are not sensitive to dietary cholesterol. Now that the egg has been found "not guilty" as a cholesterol-raising food, scramble it up and enjoy.

While this may meet the standards of a logical argument, it isn't altogether true. New insights into the fatty foods/heart disease connection reveal that in people with normal cholesterol metabolism it's not cholesterol that clogs arteries, it's foods high in saturated and hydrogenated fats..
    in 20 years or so Im 100% certain that saturated fats will be looked upon as safe and harmless aswell putting the blame on hydrogenated fats

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    in 20 years or so Im 100% certain that saturated fats will be looked upon as safe and harmless aswell putting the blame on hydrogenated fats
    johan, you wanna know what the funniest thing about your avatar is. its that, when i turn my speakers all the way up, i cant hear anything. but when i watch that little kids mouth, i swear to God i can hear him say wow. i swear i can hear it so clearly

Interesting take. Any reasons why you're so certain?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Can you explain the differences and give examples of Plain saturated fats and Hydrogenated fats? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Can you explain the differences and give examples of Plain saturated fats and Hydrogenated fats? Thanks.
    Well, in general saturated fats are naturally occurring and can be found in large amounts in animal fats (beef, pork, cream, etc.). Hydrogenated is the man-injected type that would be french fries, onion rings, fried shrimp, pork rinds, fried fish, chicken fried steak, etc.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Thanks.. That is what I thought but wanted to hear others opinions. So johan is saying that sat. fats are not bad for the human body? I'm guessing he means when used in a strict diet and not excessively used.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Thanks.. That is what I thought but wanted to hear others opinions. So johan is saying that sat. fats are not bad for the human body? I'm guessing he means when used in a strict diet and not excessively used.
    He said "safe and harmless" and there's lots of evidence to the contrary, but I respect people's opinions so was curious as to why he felt that way.

Interesting take. Any reasons why you're so certain?
    I refer to these 2 pages that I like alot

http://www.westonaprice.org/splash_2.htm

http://www.thincs.org/

Especialy the second one. Its a page by medical professionals and with other medical professionals involved in discussions. Very very good read.

This discussion pretty much explains my stance
    http://www.thincs.org/discuss.cavemen.htm

Basicly we have been eating sat fats in large quantitys for thousdans, hundrads of thousands of years. With no dangerous effects, But cardiovascular diseases has skyrocketed the last half a century or so and funny enough the more vegitable oils we use as a society the more cardiovascular diseases we suffer from

this is a good quote that I feel is 100% right and spot on

I had dinner with Linus Pauling. I asked him if he wasn't taking a risk in eating his thick steak. He told me he believed if the body was well nourished with every thing it needed to function optimally then cholesterol would take care of itself and we didn't need to worry about it. By the way, he lived to 93. Charles (Puckik) McGee
    So I eat shitloads of butter and animal fat.
    Btw my cholesterol is about the lowest you can find

hydrogenated fats are fats that starts as poly or mono unsaturated fats but go through a disgusting chemical process to they become stable, get a higher melting point and longer shelf life. They turn into trans-fat(all natural fats are cis-fats).
    Now Im not a chemist so I dont know the details of it all but trans fats has NEVER EVER been a part of our natural diet and we are seein the results of that crap now all over the world.

There are tribes spread over the world that until recently was living on what nature provided(along with LOTS of saturated fats). When researched found them they where all astonished how they could be of so good health with such a "poor" diet. Anyway when those people started eating the western "healthy" way guess what. Diabetes and cardiovascular diseases skyrocketed. From not existing amonst the population to beeing one of the most comon causes of death.
    Still we cling on to the notion that saturated fats are horrible while unnatural vegitable fats are great.

btw with unnatural vegitable oils I mean canola, soy, penut and other oils that we havent been consuming as a race. Olive and flax oil are different because they have always been eaten by us.

The other oils are a bitch to extract and require modern technology and heat and solvents.

Ambulance is offline Member
    1 whole large egg (1.76 oz)
    Calories: 78
    Total Fat 5.3 g
    Saturated Fat 1.6 g
    Cholesterol 212 mg
    Sodium 62 mg
    Total Carbohydrates 0.6 g
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 0.6 g
    Protein 6.3 g
    Calcium 25 mg
    Potassium 63 mg

1 egg white (1.1 oz)
    Calories 17
    Total Fat 0 g
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Sodium 54 mg
    Total Carbohydrates 0.3 g
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 0 g
    Protein 3.5 g
    Potassium 47 mg

Credit: www.calorieking.com

ojsmoothy is offline Junior Member
    I refer to these 2 pages that I like alot

http://www.westonaprice.org/splash_2.htm

http://www.thincs.org/

These are incredible sites, I read them often. They really debunk a lot of nutrition myths and "facts", good post Johan.

Thread Information