mollyc is offline New Member

Newby Diet/Supplement/Workout Critique

Hello Everyone-
    After reading many of the posts and replies on this site I would love it if I could get some input back from you on my diet, supplements and workout. Unfortunately I don't have any pics to upload at this point, but here are my stats-
    28 year old female
    5'4, 140 pounds
    Been training pretty seriously for the past 2.5 years
    Recently put on 10 pounds after getting sick while preparing for my first figure compeition (didn't get to do it)
    Will compete in the spring
    At 128 pounds I was wearing a size 2 and bodyfat was roughly 18%, that's the lowest I've ever been
    Immediate goal is to lose the 10 pounds ASAP (realistically by Decemeber 1, but sooner would be better) and then come down about another 8 for spring.
    Here's what I am currently doing:
    5:15am wake up
    5:45 coffee, 20 mcg CLEN
    6-6:45 Cardio (usually 30 on stairmaster, 15 on treadmill)
    7am - 4 egg whites, 1/3 c oatmeal, water with glutamine
    9:30am - 5 strawberries
    12:00 - 20 mcg CLEN, 6oz white fish, 1/3 c brown rice, 1c green beans (variations include chicken, ground turkey for the protein, andy green veggies)
    2:30 - Grapefruit
    3:00 - 20 mcg CLEN
    4:30 - protein shake (115 cal, 5 carb, 19.5 protein)
    5:30-6:30 train (mon-chest/back, tues-legs, wed- no lift, thurs-shoulders/bis/tris, fri-no lift, sat-full body circuit, sun-no lift)
    6:30 - usually eat 1/2 apple
    6:45 - 7:15 or 7:30 - cardio
    8:00 - 6oz white fish, 1/3 c brown rice, 1c green beans (variations include chicken, ground turkey for the protein, andy green veggies)
    10:00 - shake or protein pudding
    10:15 - BED

Any thoughts, suggestions would be totally appreciated!
    Should I take a CLA?
    Last edited by mollyc; 09-28-2005 at 09:15 AM.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mollyc
    this is just what I would change if it were me
    Here's what I am currently doing:
    5:15am wake up
    5:45 coffee, 20 mcg CLEN I wouldn't use clen before a workout, save it for after
    6-6:45 Cardio (usually 30 on stairmaster, 15 on treadmill)
    7am - 4 egg whites, 1/3 c oatmeal, water with glutamine that isnt a whole lot of food to "break your fast"...maybe 6 egg whites, 1/2c oats?
    9:30am - 5 strawberries, I dont think that is substantial enough to last you until 12, you should do a pro/fat meal here
    12:00 - 20 mcg CLEN, 6oz white fish, 1/3 c brown rice, 1c green beans (variations include chicken, ground turkey for the protein, andy green veggies) when I ran clen, I would do 40mcg-60mcg all at once at breakfast and it worked fine, but you know your body...if you get good results spliting the dose keep doing it
    2:30 - Grapefruit + protein
    3:00 - 20 mcg CLEN
    4:30 - protein shake (115 cal, 5 carb, 19.5 protein)
    5:30-6:30 train (mon-chest/back, tues-legs, wed- no lift, thurs-shoulders/bis/tris, fri-no lift, sat-full body circuit, sun-no lift)
    6:30 - usually eat 1/2 apple i would skip this
    6:45 - 7:15 or 7:30 - cardio
    8:00 - 6oz white fish, 1/3 c brown rice, 1c green beans (variations include chicken, ground turkey for the protein, andy green veggies) PWO..?
    10:00 - shake or protein pudding i would have your shake at 8 with 30-40g simple carbs. then have the 8:00 meal here
    10:15 - BED

Any thoughts, suggestions would be totally appreciated!
    Should I take a CLA?
    my thoughts are that you don't have enough healthy fats (flaxseed oil, olive oil, natural peanut butter), or the right carb timing...have you looked at the cutting sticky?

Thanks for the input, I'll go back to the cutting sticky and go through that.
    ??- If I switch my shake to 8pm what simple carbs would you put with it?
    Tomorrow I'm going to try 40mcg clen after my morning workout, then take the other 20 at 3pm/
    Thanks again! Totally appreciate your time!

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    You're going about this the wrong way. Diet should be in check, then add Clen . When it becomes necessary. Clen isn't a magic solution and you should be able to drop the weight off without it. I don't understand how you could be using Clen yet come into the diet forum and ask about your diet. If one is using Clen they better have a damn good diet to start. Save the drugs for when you begin to stall out as the metabolism slows.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i agree w/ giantz on the clen issue...but as far as the shake is concerned, some people use dextrose (you can buy it from any suppliment store) or honey. but i get sick when i slam that much sugar, plus i prefer real food. im not saying its better, necessarily, i just prefer it. i use regular whey isolate for a shake then eat rice cakes, bananas, or cream of wheat for carbs

Thanks for more input. As far as the clen goes, it was just added recently because there seems to be a kink in my metabolism at this point. The diet had been pretty tight and clean, cardio and workouts were good, no results. So, decided to try the clen in the mix to see if it would help to get things moving again.

Thread Information