STRANGE is offline Associate Member

What do u guys think about PROTEIN BARS?

What do u guys think about protein bars. some people say they are junk
    i know real food is better. But maybe just after a workout at the gym to get food in u fast for post workout nutrition. And what do u think about them overall.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Most of them are full of saturated fat OR sugar which is ok of it fits your diet. Also, most of them use mainly soy protein, very few use whey isolate. I like Labrada along with pure protein, but they're not a staple for me.

SoulCard is offline Associate Member
    when i have to, the labarada ones are decent...but i only use them in emergency to stop gap if i have too...but its better than nothing whatsoever...

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Personally i wouldn't waste your money on them. High in saturated fat and sugars. Shvt protein used aswell.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    garbage... grab a hamburger with icing on the top instead.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    unfortunately i love them - the taste that is - but i try to resist buying them cos they are full of shit - absolutely worthless nutritionally speaking

have a look at my recipe to make your own healthy pro bars in the recipe forum

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    If I was caught without food or a whey shake I would buy one but I NEVER leave the house without my meals planned out for the day. NEVER......I carry a tiny blender, whey powder and oatmeal everywhere I go. Plan man, PLAN your meals.....

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffader
    I carry a tiny blender, whey powder and oatmeal everywhere I go. Plan man, PLAN your meals.....
    Dude you carry a blender around?? Now that's hardcore!!!!!

I agree with everyone with the fact that bars arent the best choice. But I eat 2 a day b/c I feel I have too. I bartend at night and usually have about a 5 hour spand where I dont have access to food. I break up the night w/ a 4-500 calorie bar.

The same goes during the day at school. I have a 4 hour day with breaks so I pack a bar and eat it while taking notes.

I try to stay away from shit bars that have soy as a protein and about 15g of fat. Kong Bars are my favorite!!

Good thing I dont have a class with you Puffader. I'd be pissed If iw as trying to take notes and you're 1 row over mixing a banana in your blender.

str8clownin is offline New Member
    Good thing I dont have a class with you Puffader. I'd be pissed If iw as trying to take notes and you're 1 row over mixing a banana in your blender
    Haha, I can just picture that..."say man...you wanna put that on low?...im tryin to listen..."

Austex is offline Member
    Trioplex bars are a good choice for "emergency meals".

Quote Originally Posted by str8clownin
    Haha, I can just picture that..."say man...you wanna put that on low?...im tryin to listen..."

Dude that's funny as hell/

HEY!!!! I'd love to hear the teacher say "HEY!!! For the last dam time, take that off the pulse cycle and put it on low, !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Trioplex bars are a good choice for "emergency meals".

I have to admit that Trioplex bars WERE one of my absolute favorites. Until I started opening a lot of the packages finding mold on the bars. My suppluier was nice enough to reimburse me but was telling me that it was happening often. Probably b/c it had a lot of rolled oats he said.

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    I have to admit that Trioplex bars WERE one of my absolute favorites. Until I started opening a lot of the packages finding mold on the bars. My suppluier was nice enough to reimburse me but was telling me that it was happening often. Probably b/c it had a lot of rolled oats he said.
    Yeah, I used to get that occassionally as well. I think it may have something to do with how they deliver them though. Since I've been in Maui, I've not ONCE got a moldy bar (and I've been through many many boxes)...but in Texas it was every so often. The heat maybe is causing the moisture in the bars to sweat?

Yeah, I used to get that occassionally as well. I think it may have something to do with how they deliver them though. Since I've been in Maui, I've not ONCE got a moldy bar (and I've been through many many boxes)...but in Texas it was every so often. The heat maybe is causing the moisture in the bars to sweat?
    It has to be the moisture b/c I was getting them from a distributor and they were coming right from the factory..

I had 1 box where there was about 6 of them like that. Pissed me off b/c I was starving in between classes and when I opened it I got so pissed. I think I threw it in the corner of the room I wa so pissed.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

oh man - the same exact thing happened to me

the sad thing was i cut out the mold and ate them anyway

havent bought 'em since though

Austex is offline Member
    Hahaha....I did the same thing one morning while running late for a meeting, sitting in Austin traffic starving for my mid-morning meal...and what do you know. My LAST bar was all moldy. Talk about some road rage. My apologies to anyone who may have been on Mopac that morning (or the side of the road for that matter).

It's a small blender. Holds about 600ml. It's tiny and has just one speed. I got it at walmart. You all should have one.

Talk about some road rage. My apologies to anyone who may have been on Mopac that morning (or the side of the road for that matter).

Road rage and roid rage at the same time!!! Thats a horrible combo.

Probably a worse combo than Rosanne barr and a bikini. Ughhhhhhhhh

Hey, you'd f#ck her.

Probably a worse combo than Rosanne barr and a bikini. Ughhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Puffader
    Hey, you'd f#ck her.

And please dont take me up on that one Puff..............

Thread Information