Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    SHRED's Avatar
    SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT *Formerly Buff_Daddy*
    Posts
    1,209

    SYNTRAX Nectar Whey isolate.....

    Is the best freakin whey I have EVER tasted in my life!

    The Vitamin Shoppe by my house just started selling it so I thought I would give it a try. I bought the Crystal Sky flavor and I can not believe how good it is!!!

    The only thing I don't like about it is that it creates alot of foam when you mix it in a shaker so you have to wait about 5 min for it to settle and its blue so thats a little weird but MAN this stuff is really amazing!

    I can't wait to try it with my dex tonight!

    Just wanted to share with ya.

  2. #2
    Giantz11's Avatar
    Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,317
    What's the taste like?

  3. #3
    Austex's Avatar
    Austex is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    519
    Isn't that SC's favorite protein? I personally can't stand the fruity taste. Whey protein shouldn't have that much taste to it...it just isn't right. I think the one I had tried about a year ago was a Berry Medley (?).

  4. #4
    jdh's Avatar
    jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    big denver, CO
    Posts
    400
    the roadside lemonade is great as well. mixed with dextrose it is just as good. they have a bunch of flavors including ice tea that i might try out.

  5. #5
    SHRED's Avatar
    SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT *Formerly Buff_Daddy*
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    What's the taste like?
    Just like fruit punch bro - I got it at the vitamin shoppe on high ridge rd.

  6. #6
    SHRED's Avatar
    SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT *Formerly Buff_Daddy*
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Isn't that SC's favorite protein? I personally can't stand the fruity taste. Whey protein shouldn't have that much taste to it...it just isn't right. I think the one I had tried about a year ago was a Berry Medley (?).
    Im not sure is it's his fav but man i dont see why it wouldnt be. Yeah the fruity taste is a bit much but it's by far the best i've tasted.

    Not sure what they put in it to make it taste like that.

  7. #7
    SHRED's Avatar
    SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT *Formerly Buff_Daddy*
    Posts
    1,209
    Im not liking the foam though....it pisses me off that i have to wait to drink it. Im going to mix it in a blender tonight to see if it hopfully mixes better.

  8. #8
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Crystal Sky is the shit, so is Apple Ecstasy.

    Use very cold water and add the protein on TOP of the water, then mix. With ice cold water you get little/no foam, but I use a spoon and stir mine I don't shake it.

    Iced tea is "okay", but doesn't come close to Crystal Sky and the Apple.

    ~SC~

  9. #9
    SHRED's Avatar
    SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT *Formerly Buff_Daddy*
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    the roadside lemonade is great as well. mixed with dextrose it is just as good. they have a bunch of flavors including ice tea that i might try out.
    Yeah I saw those as well - i think im gonna give the roadside lemonade a whirl next....

  10. #10
    SHRED's Avatar
    SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT *Formerly Buff_Daddy*
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Crystal Sky is the shit, so is Apple Ecstasy.

    Use very cold water and add the protein on TOP of the water, then mix. With ice cold water you get little/no foam, but I use a spoon and stir mine I don't shake it.

    Iced tea is "okay", but doesn't come close to Crystal Sky and the Apple.

    ~SC~
    Cool thanks man. Im gonna try this for my afternoon shake as I put the powder in first then the water then shake.

    I'll try your method and let you know how it goes. I cant believe how good it is man!

    Thanks bro.

  11. #11
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Protein on TOP of the water, not powder first. Remember, I use a spoon to mix it, I don't shake it.

    ~SC~

  12. #12
    305GUY's Avatar
    305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    M-I-YaYo
    Posts
    3,985
    Yeah theres no need to shake any syntrax nectar powders. they mix perfect with a spoon. But Crystal Sky is NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTY! I want to try the lemonade one everybody raves about.

  13. #13
    Giantz11's Avatar
    Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    Just like fruit punch bro - I got it at the vitamin shoppe on high ridge rd.
    I'm there tonight dude. Maybe hit up a little Ole Mole while I'm at it. Any other good ones?

  14. #14
    SHRED's Avatar
    SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT *Formerly Buff_Daddy*
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I'm there tonight dude. Maybe hit up a little Ole Mole while I'm at it. Any other good ones?
    Nice bro - Sierra grill, right across from the Vitamin shoppe is my fav...

    Some people are saying the lemonade and apple flavor are good too but im not sure because i haven't tried them yet.

  15. #15
    Giantz11's Avatar
    Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,317
    Sierra Grill is dope.

  16. #16
    SHRED's Avatar
    SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT *Formerly Buff_Daddy*
    Posts
    1,209
    Ok here's the deal...

    I liked this stuff the first time around but the more i drink it the nastier it tastes, not sure why. Maybe its the flavor.

    Swole, I tried your way but it leaves little chunks of protein on the bottom which almost made me gag when i drank it. I may be doing it wrong but I stirred it for like 5 min vigorously.

    I think Im going to bring it back and get a different flavor and try the apple or lemonade one.

  17. #17
    305GUY's Avatar
    305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    M-I-YaYo
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    Ok here's the deal...

    I liked this stuff the first time around but the more i drink it the nastier it tastes, not sure why. Maybe its the flavor.

    Swole, I tried your way but it leaves little chunks of protein on the bottom which almost made me gag when i drank it. I may be doing it wrong but I stirred it for like 5 min vigorously.

    I think Im going to bring it back and get a different flavor and try the apple or lemonade one.
    HAHA! i told you that shit is nasty. the only way to drink it is 1 scoop at a time and plenty of water. dont even think of putting flax in it either.

    And how can you return a protein tub that you already opened.

  18. #18
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    Ok here's the deal...

    I liked this stuff the first time around but the more i drink it the nastier it tastes, not sure why. Maybe its the flavor.

    Swole, I tried your way but it leaves little chunks of protein on the bottom which almost made me gag when i drank it. I may be doing it wrong but I stirred it for like 5 min vigorously.

    I think Im going to bring it back and get a different flavor and try the apple or lemonade one.


    haha. it was great reading through this thread and seeing buff_daddy chronicle the progressive downfall of his opinion of the necter sh*t.

    Not trying to hate on ya Swole - or anyone else that likes that stuff - but i had a really horrible experience with the strawberry kiwi flavor. Granted, I AM used to Isopure which is pretty tasteless and disolves within seconds of stirring or shaking, but come on! The lumps in this stuff DID make me gag! Maybe I just havein't gotten the right flavor or the right mixing skillz. Because, it seems a lot of peeps like this stuff.

    Thats why im interested...CAN you return protein that is already opened? where? I might just buy some of the crystal sky and take it back if i relive the necter experience.

  19. #19
    Jerzey's Avatar
    Jerzey is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jerzey
    Posts
    829
    Ok, I'm an Isopure lover too

    I got the Fuzzy Navel and almost puked trying to swallow (no pun intended)..

    I tried it twice and didn't get through the glass (after someone highly recommended it to me).. I will be ordering more Isopure very soon and giving my tub of this stuff away...

  20. #20
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey
    I got the Fuzzy Navel and almost puked trying to swallow (no pun intended)
    that's hot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey
    I tried it twice and didn't get through the glass (after someone highly recommended it to me).. I will be ordering more Isopure very soon and giving my tub of this stuff away...
    that's exactly what i ended up doing. haha, the only guy that would take it was this 60 year old hardcore guy in my gym. he took the BSN dessert protein (cinn roll) too. that was even worse than the necter...

  21. #21
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,513
    I blend mine or shake it up. Fuk the foam and who cares. Great protein, perfect macro break down, and great flavors.

    If anybody doesnt like theirs. I will glady take it off you hand.

  22. #22
    Darkness's Avatar
    Darkness is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Charlotte in a cage
    Posts
    860
    Yeah, this pretein cant be shaken, it looks like it has soap or something. But the good thing is that it mixes very well with just a spoon. Just a couple of stirs and its done, the best pretein in this aspect I have found but its $$$!

  23. #23
    SHRED's Avatar
    SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT *Formerly Buff_Daddy*
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    Thats why im interested...CAN you return protein that is already opened? where? I might just buy some of the crystal sky and take it back if i relive the necter experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    HAHA! i told you that shit is nasty. the only way to drink it is 1 scoop at a time and plenty of water. dont even think of putting flax in it either.

    And how can you return a protein tub that you already opened.
    The Vitamin Shoppe will take back virtually anything that you purchase from them in exchange for another product or a store credit.

  24. #24
    Austex's Avatar
    Austex is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    The Vitamin Shoppe will take back virtually anything that you purchase from them in exchange for another product or a store credit.
    Hmm...I wonder if that includes my empty bottles of triple omega's?
    I spend more money buying FATS than I do on protein. The irony of it all.

  25. #25
    SHRED's Avatar
    SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT *Formerly Buff_Daddy*
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Hmm...I wonder if that includes my empty bottles of triple omega's?
    I spend more money buying FATS than I do on protein. The irony of it all.
    fill em up with some crisco veggie oil....they wont know the difference....


  26. #26
    Giantz11's Avatar
    Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    fill em up with some crisco veggie oil....they wont know the difference....

    You serious?? Do they need a reciept?? Even opened stuff?

  27. #27
    SHRED's Avatar
    SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT *Formerly Buff_Daddy*
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    You serious?? Do they need a reciept?? Even opened stuff?
    Yup, I brought it back with no receipt and told them that i opened it. As long as you exchange it or get store credit its not a problem.

    BTW - there is also another good supp store on research drive. It's called Tommy K's fitness exchange. They have some stuff that vitamin shoppe doesnt carry like vasopro caffiene, etc....

  28. #28
    Giantz11's Avatar
    Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,317
    Oh yeah I love Tommy K's good prices too.

  29. #29
    1bmf is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    66
    If you want to get some good tasting whey, check out Kaizen's vanilla. I actually enjoy drinking that shit. 1 scoop with about 6-7oz of water. A million times better than Nectar Apple Ecstacy and cheaper.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •