KingMike is offline Associate Member

John Berardi Growth Surge?

Anyone ever read the John Berardi Growth Surge article on bb.com? Would 2 weeks of 5000 clean calories ellicit mass gains? I tried something like this about 2 years ago after my initial weight loss after being a lard and I must say that 4 weeks of alot of food gave me 12 pounds with some fat but I got so much stronger and actually more defined. Give me some feedback before I start into 5k a day for a few weeks while lifting my ass off.

MASTERDBOL is offline Senior Member
    i currently eat that much now. clean, for the most part (98%). in my opinion, it cant do harm for me. you will have the proper amount of protein and the energy to really kick ass in the gym.

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    I currently eat 3200 calories and I am 185 at around 14 or so BF. Will the gains in the gym outweigh the fat gain over the course of 2 weeks?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Might help to do some depletion exercises to ensure maximum nutrient partitioning, this is a theory I've been kicking around for a bit and may help limit fat gain while bulking.

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    depletion exercises
    Explain. Do you mean high repetitions to failure? Just not quite sure what you're saying here...

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Might help to do some depletion exercises to ensure maximum nutrient partitioning, this is a theory I've been kicking around for a bit and may help limit fat gain while bulking.

are you talking about cardio Giantz or are you just talking in riddles ?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Glycogen depleting weight training, so maybe at the end of your normal workout you throw in some high rep work just like Autex said. I personally think this will enhance nutrient partitioning and lead to less adipose spill over. It's something that I'm going to try shortly.

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    Bill Phillips used to advocate this type of diet in the old Muscle Media magazine. 2 weeks of bulking followed by 2 weeks of cutting, repeat. The the idea was that the best results occur in the first 2 weeks of either, before your metabolism ajusts.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Glycogen depleting weight training, so maybe at the end of your normal workout you throw in some high rep work just like Autex said. I personally think this will enhance nutrient partitioning and lead to less adipose spill over. It's something that I'm going to try shortly.

isee

i'm always mixing my reps up

some people go low reps one workout and high the next time
    but i like to use high and low reps in the same workout

i like throwing in a light set immediately after a heavy set to get a really good pump before i leave the gym

Thread Information